• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

Hey!

My new project will be a recreation of Fahrenheit, which ranks #7 on my list of favourite rollercoasters. Fahrenheit is an Intamin Vertical Lift coaster located in Hershey Park (Pennsylvania, USA). The steep drop, Norwegian Loop, Cobra Roll and Double Corkscrew make this rollercoaster a wonderful ride.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:D

Posted Image

#2 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:13 AM

It's gonna be tough, especially the cobra roll, but it already looks like another great coaster by Helmut.

#3 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

Oh boy, this'll be great. Dot organization doe O.o

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#4 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:35 AM

Nice, straight, looks sturdy, and I love that chain return. Keep them pictures coming!

#5 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:05 AM

Oh boy. This is gonna be good.

#6 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

That lift and drop is spot on with the actual ride. Good job! :)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#7 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

The shaping of the lift, crest and drop are all wonderful. The motor setup and the chain return is just as appealing to look at.
Clearly someone has had some time off school, making this much progress on his ride haha ;)

Posted Image

#8 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:55 AM

Here we go again. Already thinking about how good this is going to look and judging by what you've done so far, it'll be amazing as usual. :D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#9 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

I like the chainholder thing at the bottom of the lift, looks very clean! It's nice to see a eurofighter being made. :D

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#10 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

Well, We're in for a long ride.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#11 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

This looks absolutely fantastic so far! Luckily, you have enough pieces/space for this. I really ran into a giant barricade that I was too inexperienced to see when I attempted it.
Are you sure you're going to have enough speed? The Norwegian loop and cobra roll are major speed killers, not to mention how stretched out the corks are.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#12 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

Oohhh, so nice. This is making me want to head up to Hershey now (haven't been there in about two years)! Your lift hill has such a clean and efficient design, and there's something about the many wheels on your chain return I really like (and do they guide the pegs on the chain, not the main body of the chain itself?). Really can't say anything bad about the lift, but hope it is tall enough to get the train through the layout.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#13 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

That is so cool, eskimos could get frostbite.

PUNS!

#14 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

[quote name='Old_Hag']It's gonna be tough, especially the cobra roll, but it already looks like another great coaster by Helmut.[/QUOTE]

The Cobra Roll will be a decisive element and I am aware that Fahrenheit is a tough coaster to recreate, but no guts no glory! ;)

[quote name='+Timmeh+']Oh boy, this'll be great. Dot organization doe O.o[/QUOTE]

That are the organized remains of SkyWheel. :(

[quote name='Cobra Roller']Nice, straight, looks sturdy, and I love that chain return. Keep them pictures coming![/QUOTE]

I will keep them pictures coming!

[quote name='Cartracer55D']Oh boy. This is gonna be good.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks!

[quote name='SCM']That lift and drop is spot on with the actual ride. Good job! :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='Jumpge']The shaping of the lift, crest and drop are all wonderful. The motor setup and the chain return is just as appealing to look at.
Clearly someone has had some time off school, making this much progress on his ride haha ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha I am using my time off wisely! :)

[quote name='CW5X']Here we go again. Already thinking about how good this is going to look and judging by what you've done so far, it'll be amazing as usual. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!

[quote name='FrIeDeGgS']I like the chainholder thing at the bottom of the lift, looks very clean! It's nice to see a eurofighter being made. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It is not a Gerstlauer Eurofighter, Fahrenheit is an Intamin Vertical Lift coaster.

[quote name='Spaghetti']Well, We're in for a long ride.[/QUOTE]

Not only a long ride, but a fun ride as well!

[quote name='-=Zach=-']This looks absolutely fantastic so far! Luckily, you have enough pieces/space for this. I really ran into a giant barricade that I was too inexperienced to see when I attempted it.
Are you sure you're going to have enough speed? The Norwegian loop and cobra roll are major speed killers, not to mention how stretched out the corks are.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right, it is going to be a massive challenge. So far I think I am doing pretty well speed-wise.

[quote name='LaMbChOpZ']Oohhh, so nice. This is making me want to head up to Hershey now (haven't been there in about two years)! Your lift hill has such a clean and efficient design, and there's something about the many wheels on your chain return I really like (and do they guide the pegs on the chain, not the main body of the chain itself?). Really can't say anything bad about the lift, but hope it is tall enough to get the train through the layout.[/QUOTE]

The chain guide does indeed guide the pegs on the chain, not the chain itself. Do not wait any longer and head up to Hersheypark! :D

[quote name='GravitySnake']That is so cool, eskimos could get frostbite.

PUNS![/QUOTE]

Haha thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, I had to adjust the lifthill. The small wheels underneath the crest caused tensions on the chain links, causing the chain to snap every now and then. I got rid of the small wheels and now the lifthill works fantastic. I also built the Norwegian Loop, which was a challenging but fun element to build. Especially the first loop was a pain in the ass to get right, but I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Posted Image
The adjusted lifthill
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Pictures of the Norwegian Loop

A testvideo!

My train has not run for a long while, but the train still clears the Norwegian Loop with a decent speed.

:D

Posted Image

#15 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

Wow. Looks perfect. Seriously, that's all I can say, perfect. Man, that makes me really want to build with knex. To bad I am out of town right now.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#16 Pegasus13792

Pegasus13792

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

wow it looks great it can't wait for the rest of the ride

#17 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:13 PM

IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#18 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

Beautifully shaped. I'm a bit concerned with the speed at which the train made the loop though.

#19 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

I see you've learned a thing or two from Jumpge, looking at the mound of pieces in the back there.

But in all seriousness, the Norwegian loop looks fantastic. The real ride has a bit of bank to the right and then it dives left, but that is far to minuscule to fix/complain about, even though I kinda did :P.

EDIT: Why do you have the rubber band around the chain dog if the chain is horizontal when the car catches on?

Edited by Rollerfreak987, 09 August 2015 - 05:09 PM.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#20 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, I was going to comment that.^
The loop does bank right a little bit before descending to the left, it creates quite a sensation and looks really cool. It would be amazing to see you fit that in there, but I think it would be hard to do such a small twist that goes in the opposite direction, then dives the other way with tubes. If you could by any chance get that in it would look even better.
But everything else looks spot on! Although I am worried that you might have to use a booster to complete the layout.

Signature not available