Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#22 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:06 AM

Rest in peace your sig pic :(

I know ): I'm not sure what happened to it, and I'm on mobile so that would be too much work for me to fix right now.

This is looking great!

Thank you!

It's smooth, it's shaped well, it flows well, and it looks awesome. Keep up the amazing work.

Wow that's great, thank you!

Wow! This looks amazing! Very nice and I have no complaints at all. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this next :D

Thank you!

So far everything looks superb, both shaping- and supporting-wise. It is good to see that you have a pretty decent height to work with. How is the speed through the turnaround and hill? Please make sure that you retain the same style throughout the entire lay-out, because it looks fantastic. Great job!

Thanks, I am trying to maintain the style, which is a very difficult thing to achieve. I am coming back with some advice on what I should do. Look further down and you'll see.

This looks very nice! I am looking forward to more. :)

Thank you, and me too!

Looking absolutely gorgeous. Maybe swap the hill for an over-banked turn and have the coaster wrap around itself like those classic old woodies? I'm sure whatever you come up with will look amazing, anyway.

I tried a banked turn, but what it left me with was a bit of trouble. I'll show you in the update. Thanks!

Dude this looks so insane! Can't waith till you got more!

Thank you!

Nice work - and great to see you back! How tall is it?
Loving that turn around and the giant swooping turns...reminds me of Shivering Timbers (not that I've ever ridden it lol) - keep it up!

How's Zach? I think we miss him a little around here.

Bahaha yes, I love the swooping turns, but I do not like supporting them. They are sure hard to support. The height is ten granites (which may change) and it used to work so well. Now the speed keeps getting slower and slower and it isn't working as it used to. I'm working in my cold basement, so I think that could be affecting the lubrication. Plus my cars are normally weighted. Oh, and 10 granites is up to my nipples and I'm 5'6".

Zach was in the same situation that I was in with being too busy with school to build. We're both on break of winter and we might do some building together on our break (;

This is absolutely staggering. At first I thought it was something Gump built because of the back ground. Very similar to where Koloss was set up, at least I think.
Hope to see an update soon!

Thank you so much. It isn't that large, but it does consume a little bit of pieces.

Looks great so far! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Thank you!

/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/

That was the most responses I've ever gotten on an update. I thank you all so much!

Now onto some pictures (-:

1.Attached File  1450535140021-1247604529.jpg   157.04KB   1 downloads
You can ignore the ending part I have. I was trying to see if I could get over the track in a non-forced manner, keeping the flowing look, but it didn't work. So I am trying to change the way I do so.

2.Attached File  1450535312596129009844.jpg   172.32KB   0 downloads
Here just shows front facing view, and I think that looks good.

3.Attached File  1450535451445-1669450496.jpg   189.55KB   0 downloads
Here is kind of the different heights. The previous hill is about 6 and a half granites tall, and the banked turn is 5, but the train goes through it at a really nice (maybe fast) speed.

4.Attached File  14505358113751531505593.jpg   158.62KB   0 downloads
(And right now as we speak I figured out the problem of why my trains weren't working. I guess on of the batteries in the front at flew out and I didn't notice, so the train didn't have enough weight to pass the first element. I placed in a battery and it worked perfectly through the whole layout.) Here's a cool picture that shows it's profile view.

5.Attached File  1450536091514-307976297.jpg   149.14KB   0 downloads
Another view. Yes, I do need to support it more.

6.Attached File  1450536268797192408484.jpg   128.86KB   0 downloads
This is one of my favorite views ever.

7.Attached File  14505364183931015544023.jpg   138.9KB   0 downloads
8.Attached File  1450536543391-1653811804.jpg   167.5KB   1 downloads
More overviews.

https://youtu.be/SQOnuFLYdPs (This is the video of the ride, but I don't know how to embed it on SSC. I do apologize for the inconvenience.)

That's it from me guys, and continue to comment if you like; it's really fun to reply back (:

Edited by Mister Piglette, 19 December 2015 - 11:51 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#23 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

That looks sick! Keep up the good work! :D

Edited by Spaghetti, 19 December 2015 - 12:29 PM.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#24 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:08 PM

Normally, it's just [*Youtube]*SQOnuFLYdPs*[*/Youtube] minus the *s. On your post though, with all the replies and pictures, you reached the tag limit.

I like it. The pacing is slower over the hills than I had hoped, but it looks great.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#25 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

This is going to be my new favorite woodie for sure! I was somewhat concerned when I saw how slow the train was moving at the end of the layout. Then again, I may have no idea what I'm saying. Oh well, fantastic job so far!

Edited by WSWAoasters, 19 December 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#26 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:06 PM

This is excellent work I have to say. You've judged every element for your cars and it works beautifully. It reminds me of Excision by Jumpge (that's what I thought when I first saw it. If that's already been said, I didn't read everything because the pictures were too nice ;)).

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#27 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:29 AM

So far your model looks excellent! The track is shaped well and the flow is incredible. The turnaround reminds me of the El Toro at SFGAdv. I would recommend using more track-to-base connections though, especially on the turnaround. Right now the train might appear a little slow, but at the end of the construction I am sure that it will have a good pace through every element. 

Posted Image

#28 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:59 PM

I agree with everything Helmer said! This is looking like a fantastic model!

Posted Image

#29 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

I was somewhat concerned when I saw how slow the train was moving at the end of the layout.

I like it. The pacing is slower over the hills than I had hoped, but it looks great.

I do have to say, when the train is released at the top of the drop, it is without any push or little momentum, so when I add the lift and hopefully a predrop, there will be a greater amount of energy. With this, the train should clear the elements better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#30 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:24 PM

Thank you guys so much for the continual support (though the support on my ride isn't as great)! This is a huge update!

Onto the pictures and their descriptions.

Attached File  20151229_194042.jpg   150.75KB   1 downloads
I completely mirrored my turnaround so that the exit of the element would be on the opposite ride and be in better positioning.

Attached File  20151229_194055.jpg   161.37KB   1 downloads
Here's another view of the element.

Attached File  20151229_194106.jpg   138.47KB   0 downloads
Here's a view of the transitions. Small overview of new things.

Attached File  20151229_194134.jpg   148.93KB   0 downloads
I was wondering if the valley between these two hills was too large, do you think this is a problem? I feel like I could shorten it a granite and it could look better, but it would conflict with my next element as you will see.

Attached File  20151229_194143.jpg   166.11KB   1 downloads
Attached File  20151229_194157.jpg   173.69KB   0 downloads
Attached File  20151229_194238.jpg   128.92KB   2 downloads
Images of the helix. It goes around the pool table leg, so if I shortened the previous hill, then it wouldn't work this way.

Update on pieces: Yes, it does look like I am running low on certain pieces, but I hope to replenish my granites and red and green rods for the lift hill. I will also try to get enough metallic 3ds to finish the lift hill too.

Attached File  1451441816239947566382.jpg   134.1KB   1 downloads
Here is an overview. I can't get the whole ride in because the pool table is in the way.

I do not have a video of the ride as of today, but if someone is yearning to see one, I can shoot one really quick. That is all for my update, thank you for viewing!
(:

Edit: Zach and I were talking about a name for my roller coaster and I thought a bird name sounded cool. We came up on a bird called the Maybr which is a ancient bird that is said to have been around during Egyptian times. It was trained to overlook the premises of certain holdings for the Pharaoh and upon seeing threats, would swoop and defend away the threat. This bird was dangerous. It was skilled. And most importantly, it's fake and just a story I made up on Zach's typo of "maybe". I thought Maybr would sound like a cool name to put to my coaster, but I would like some feedback on what you guys think. Thanks!

Edited by Mister Piglette, 29 December 2015 - 10:02 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#31 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

I'm not even kidding right now, this is just too much. I can't handle this. Unbelievably fantastic job! (thumbsup)

#32 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

Logan, this is by far your best IMO. The flow is amazing, the shaping is spot on, and the supports are extremely realistic looking, which is impressive since you're using granites. Very nice, please continue.  =)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#33 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

^ ZACHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! He's back after what seems like forever!

The whole coaster has a unique flow to it. It reminds me of a CCI woodie, like the villain at Geauga Lake.

Keep up the good work! :)

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#34 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:56 AM

Very flowing appeal, it just creeps on the hills a bit too much to my taste, so far there's already been a load of great tips so if you follow those you'll be fine :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:36 AM

The flow on this coaster is incredible, thanks to the flawless shaping. However, the height of the elements decreased rather quickly, which could be caused by the lack of track-to-base connections. Speed loss due to the train is also a possibility, did you lube your train recently? The lay-out looks fantastic, I look forward to the next update! :)

Posted Image

#36 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:53 PM

Looking wonderful. It's stupid how well this coaster flows.

Posted Image

#37 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

Dang great job so far would I advise to adding an extra car for the train. I think five cars look good for a wooden coaster you know.

#38 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

Dang great job so far would I advise to adding an extra car for the train. I think five cars look good for a wooden coaster you know.

I've thought that too. It all depends if I get another SS set before I am done with the coaster. I definitely could use pieces, but we'll see.

Looking wonderful. It's stupid how well this coaster flows.

Thank you so much !

The flow on this coaster is incredible, thanks to the flawless shaping. However, the height of the elements decreased rather quickly, which could be caused by the lack of track-to-base connections. Speed loss due to the train is also a possibility, did you lube your train recently? The lay-out looks fantastic, I look forward to the next update! :)

Thanks, Helmer! I do think that I could have added another element if I maintained speed better, but I couldn't figure out why it was going so slow, especially at the middle of the first two elements. I haven't lubed my trains in forever so that could be a problem, too.

Very flowing appeal, it just creeps on the hills a bit too much to my taste, so far there's already been a load of great tips so if you follow those you'll be fine :)

I do understand how you think it goes slow, but I haven't added the lift yet. This means I can basically edit how much energy necessary to make it flow best. Thank you!

^ ZACHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! He's back after what seems like forever!
The whole coaster has a unique flow to it. It reminds me of a CCI woodie, like the villain at Geauga Lake.
Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you!

Logan, this is by far your best IMO. The flow is amazing, the shaping is spot on, and the supports are extremely realistic looking, which is impressive since you're using granites. Very nice, please continue.  =)

Thanks, Zach!

I'm not even kidding right now, this is just too much. I can't handle this. Unbelievably fantastic job! (thumbsup)

Thank you!!

##########################################

Well I am glad to be back! I have a few little things to mention, but they aren't drastic.

First, I added another element, which is just a banked turn. I added this along with my station. The station isn't complete in details, but it stills functions perfectly. All I have left is to do a prelift and build the lift structure. I am happy to be almost done with it.

As for an update, I just have a video, no pictures. I got good angles and I couldn't fit in an overall video because the pool table is in the way (thumbsdown) That is why it is all in sections of videos. I hope you enjoy (:

That is all! Comment (:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#39 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

Amazing, it's amazing how well it flows. And that shaüing..

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#40 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

This is so wonderful! I can't even imagine being able to build something close to this! That first and last elements are absolutely fantastic! This is definitely one of my new favorite models! (thumbsup)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mister piglette, woodie