Mako Recreation

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:52 PM

Looks good I would just say add some brakes, catwalks, and make the station realistic, maybe a tire drive after the station towards the lifting like in real life too?

Edited by IOAgeek, 07 May 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#42 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

I came home for the bank holiday and have taken advantage of some rare nice weather, and have set it up outside. This coaster had been surprisingly easy to build with most things working first time, but not yesterday. Getting it down the stairs was hard enough with a couple of scary moments, and once I had got it set up I realised the lawn was on a slight incline, and it didn't even clear the first hill. So it had to be moved again, and it was at this point that the drop fell on its side.... :/ Nevertheless, I eventually persevered move it to another position on the lawn and after about 9 hours, it was finally set up and functional. I'm proud of this one, it may have a few bumps from the moving, and the pacing may be slightly off because of the slope, but it works xD 

Awesome. This is one of the best re-creations I've seen in a while. Hopefully the British weather will be as kind to you as it has been for me in the past (it's not been too awful but at least most of e time when I wanted to put stuff up it obliged, aside from a period when building Gargantuan).

Cheers. Yep, the weather is behaving for me :P

Man, this is just simply amazing! You built this so quickly. The shaping is flawless and everything is so clean. Great job. Can't wait for the final video!

Thanks! I'm aiming to get the final video out around June 10th, when the real thing opens. 

Wow that was fast! This looks awesome, you definitely kept the elements at a good scale even at the end of the layout. And good luck taking it outside - try not to destroy it please :)

Yeah, my degree gives me so little time to build, that when I have the opportunity I just build solidly for a day or two :P

I didn't know this was under construction. You did such a good job, the pacing through the elements is great and the shaping looks good to me as well. Good luck taking it outside and indeed make sure you don't break it haha :).

Thanks. It just about survived :D

I remember when I had to take my giga coaster outside all the time for testing :P

So cool to see you building this :) Since I'm not so active I didn't know you very well.

But I went through your video's and they look awesome

Thanks!

Everything looks really good, especially for that last part! And you built this pretty quickly too. 

Thanks!

For the relatively short amount of time you have made this in, the shaping is still superlative. This is what impresses me most. In conclusion, the 3rd picture from the top is my personal favorite. This is the quality of knex coasters I see in my dreams. :) *sniff* it's just so beautiful! 

Thanks, and yeah I think that was my favourite one too. 

Looks good I would just say add some brakes, catwalks, and make the station realistic, maybe a tire drive after the station towards the lifting like in real life too?

Thanks. Once I saw the weather would be nice for this weekend I decided to set it up quickly, so no tyre drive I'm afraid.  But I think I've built quite a nice simple station,  some very basic brakes, and some catwalks along the brake run, but I didn't have enough pieces to build a catwalk all the way up the lift.  

Alright a few pics :)

IMG_2720_zpser8ksoyf.jpg

IMG_2719_zpspijegnkd.jpg

IMG_2747_zpsg13c5tul.jpg

IMG_2960_zpspbipkbiw.jpg

IT WORKS - https://www.youtube....h?v=iE7LcSpb_sE

I'll start working on the final video this weekend, but I doubt I'll finish it. After that I'm back to uni for another month :/ but might make it home to finish the video at some point. I'm aiming to have it out around June 10th, when the real thing opens :)

Edited by rgarner42, 28 May 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#43 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

I love the way coasters look outside and yours is no exception. It works so perfectly as well. I hope your lift hill is fairly reliable because it never is for me.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Awww man! This thing looks absolutely fantastic! You have executed this wonderfully! (thumbsup)

#45 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

Wow that looks so beautiful! I'm so envious of that backyard...... let's just say that if I tried to put a K'nex rollercoaster outside it would most likely go tumbling down the hill and fall into the street. 

#46 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

That's a beautiful looking roller coaster you got there, great job!

Check me out

Youtube

#47 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:07 PM

Looks great dude I would suggest slowing down the lift hill just a bit to make it more realistic like the lift hill speed I am using for my giga coaster. If you have any 12v motors use them for the station chain and lift hill, it makes any coaster look a little better in my opinion. Using a drill or whatever makes me think that the train can not make the layout without a push. Take lots of pics of this amazing recreation before you take down the coaster btw!

Edited by IOAgeek, 28 May 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#48 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

I love the way coasters look outside and yours is no exception. It works so perfectly as well. I hope your lift hill is fairly reliable because it never is for me.

Yeah, me too, looks way better than it did inside. I had a few problems with it snapping to begin with but got that sorted quickly :)

Awww man! This thing looks absolutely fantastic! You have executed this wonderfully! (thumbsup)

Thanks!

Wow that looks so beautiful! I'm so envious of that backyard...... let's just say that if I tried to put a K'nex rollercoaster outside it would most likely go tumbling down the hill and fall into the street. 

Thanks! Yeah, I live out in the countryside, so I'm glad I had the space, it would have been painful if I'd built it all and then had nowhere to put it. 

That's a beautiful looking roller coaster you got there, great job!

Thanks!

Looks great dude I would suggest slowing down the lift hill just a bit to make it more realistic like the lift hill speed I am using for my giga coaster. If you have any 12v motors use them for the station chain and lift hill, it makes any coaster look a little better in my opinion. Using a drill or whatever makes me think that the train can not make the layout without a push. Take lots of pics of this amazing recreation before you take down the coaster btw!

Thanks and I wish I could have had the lift a little bit slower. It worked perfectly indoors, but the slight slope of the lawn and I think the heat warped the track just enough for it to need a little extra push from the top, which is a shame. Although when I tried it in the evening when it was cooler it worked fine, but I had to film it during the day.  If I had any of the those motors I would have done :P I've taken tons, I think I went a bit OTT.  

Thanks, to everyone that offered feedback during construction. I really enjoyed this build and it gave me a nice break from uni work. 

Here's the final video anyway, if you don't like the music then you can blame my German girlfriend who requested it, she's a proud Hannoverian and ergo loves the Scorpions :P

Finished Video : https://www.youtube....h?v=is9iErCHKrU    (I wish I'd noticed the loose connection on the overbank before I started filming :/.... but it's not too shaky)

Hopefully I can get a coaster or two done over the Summer, I have a few ideas. But for now its back to uni for another month, then I'm free xD. 

#49 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

Be sure to add it to the database. Going to try to get Model of the Month fired back up and rides will have to be in the database to be considered.

#50 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

If there's an award for best first coaster on SSC, I think you just won it. This is a superb recreation!

#51 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:14 AM

Nothing wrong with the Scorpions; nothing wrong with this coaster. Amazing!

Edited by CW5X, 02 June 2016 - 11:15 AM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#52 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

Awesome recreation! Loved the final video, both the coaster and the editing were fabulous.

Fantastic first coaster!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#53 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

Awesome final video dude!! I would only say the last forty seconds were kind of boring since it was the coaster making a fast paced run through the layout like 8 times, I think three would have been cooler but you were probably running out of coaster clips and you wanted to have the video be the entire length of the song. You can always reuse some cilps if you want, never hurts in my opinion! Cant wait for your next coaster, maybe a custom looper or something?

#54 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, I hope I can impressive you all as much with my next coaster. I have a few ideas but I'm not sure about the logistics of them yet. I've just gone through my set of hellish practical exams for the year, and have my written papers at the start of July. So hopefully I can get building again by early July.