tilt track elevator drop lego mindstorms lego schwarzkopf lagoon roll tube

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SamTheCoasterMan

SamTheCoasterMan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

I am currently building an SS Coaster named Decimate.

It will be over 8ft tall and have 5 inversions

OUTSIDE STINGER LIFT (1)

IMELMANN (1)

LAGOON ROLLOVER (2)

SCHWARZKOPF STYLE LOOP (1)

It will feature unique elements also which includes:

FULLY AUTOMATIC STATION (WITH STATION GATES)

TILT TRACK

135° DROP

ELEVATOR DROP TRACK (LIKE ON TH13TEEN)

ELEVATOR SWITCH TRACK

TUNNELS

LIGHTING

I haven't gone for any specific Ride Manufacturer (i.e. B&M or Vekoma).

I will keep you updated on my progress and I will appreciate any criticism or feedback.

Hope you all enjoy it when it is finished!

This is what I have done so far....

I am working from the station back. There is a reason I am doing that - I want to build from the back of the room to the front (easier to build that way).

GOPR0050_zpswkoeosco.jpg

GOPR0049_zps7t8c9pmt.jpg

GOPR0048_zpsrzfphuuw.jpg

GOPR0047_zpsdfxldecz.jpg

The Elevator drop is a bit of a pain to get to line up but I'll do it - don't worry.

Edited by SamTheCoasterMan, 21 July 2016 - 07:49 AM.

#2 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:09 AM

That sounds great and all, but you need actual pictures to start a thread. Otherwise it will be closed.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#3 SamTheCoasterMan

SamTheCoasterMan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

Ah okay, I'll get my GoPro and take some pictures.

#4 SamTheCoasterMan

SamTheCoasterMan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:47 AM

That sounds great and all, but you need actual pictures to start a thread. Otherwise it will be closed.

Sorry for that... I have ammended now. 

Edited by SamTheCoasterMan, 21 July 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#5 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

I feel like this is gonna be pretty awesome! I can't wait to see this thing as it comes together.

#6 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

Already I can t ell you are going to have some problems. Your loop has a straight spot most noticeably in the 3rd picture. Also your loop is too round. It should be more of a tear drop shape unless your building a vertical lift coaster. You could get way more height into that elevator drop if yo weight and lube your trains. I also wouldn't recommend building the way you plan on. It will be much harder to see what speed the train has and if it will make the layout. Those things being said, go for it! 

#7 SamTheCoasterMan

SamTheCoasterMan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

Already I can t ell you are going to have some problems. Your loop has a straight spot most noticeably in the 3rd picture. Also your loop is too round. It should be more of a tear drop shape unless your building a vertical lift coaster. You could get way more height into that elevator drop if yo weight and lube your trains. I also wouldn't recommend building the way you plan on. It will be much harder to see what speed the train has and if it will make the layout. Those things being said, go for it! 

Yes I do see the problems you are highlighting. The loop though is designed to be similar to Tsunami's at Isla San Marcos Parque Temático. Here is a picture of the loop:

Tsunami%20Loop_zpsu9nybekg.png

I do agree the straight spot needs to be rectified.

I have lubed the rails and wheels with a silicone lubricant and the trains are weighted with 2 AA Batteries per car. There are 2 cars per train and there is an extra set of wheels added to the last car to help it move onto the Elevator Drop correctly.I have tested this and it does work (I held the train at the apex of the loop and 'threw' the train down slightly to give it more speed).

I know building it this way is awkward, I know,but it seems easier as the smaller elements will be at the back of the room and building to the front.

I appreciate your feedback and I thank you for it.

#8 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

Usually when people think of a Schwartzkopf loop, they think of the average one. It's easier to tell what kind of loop it is when you state what kind of ride you're styling it after. It's also hard to tell of your building when we don't receive clear pictures.

Also, lubing your track isn't much of a good idea because it will make your train slide instead of the wheels rolling. And make sure when you lube, you lube the axles of the wheels.

Good luck and all of us are here with our trusty wisdom.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#9 SamTheCoasterMan

SamTheCoasterMan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:12 PM

Usually when people think of a Schwartzkopf loop, they think of the average one. It's easier to tell what kind of loop it is when you state what kind of ride you're styling it after. It's also hard to tell of your building when we don't receive clear pictures.

Also, lubing your track isn't much of a good idea because it will make your train slide instead of the wheels rolling. And make sure when you lube, you lube the axles of the wheels.

Good luck and all of us are here with our trusty wisdom.

Ah okay, thanks for pointing that out.I appreciate all of your feedback. 

I'll try and adjust the settings on my GoPro and possible room lighting to enhance my images. Again, thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for taking the time to assist and I will be putting more up soon showing the Lagoon Rollover (hopefully finished).

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and I shall update soon!

#10 SamTheCoasterMan

SamTheCoasterMan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, do to lack of pieces, I am going to have to wait until I get some more 2 way orange/brown connectors.

As soon as I obtain the pieces, I will start building again immediately.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will update when I have completed the Lagoon Rollover.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tilt track, elevator drop, lego mindstorms, lego, schwarzkopf, lagoon roll, tube