VV Eurofighter Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 designer101

designer101

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

Has anyone else built a vv eurofighter and how did you build the lift?

#2 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

I've never built with VV so I can't really help. But this - http://www.sscoaster...en-eurofighter/ - is a really good example of a VV eurofighter. 

#3 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:29 AM

I've built a few VV Eurofighters (rgarner just linked to one of them actually). The first time I did it I used blue rod box supports but the second time I used red rod box supports around 10 rods high, which worked way better and looked a lot nicer. For the chain I had to make the curve for the incline on the lift very small so that the chain wouldn't be too far away from the track, and I put the motor at the bottom. You should only need three gears (one at the top, one at the very bottom, and one leading into the lift hill) and the rest of it can be done with rods to keep the tension just right (which is really the most important part). For this design you will need some speed going into it though, since it's only using one car you can't have the station leading right into it so I just put a little dip after the station to give it speed. It's kind of hard to explain completely in words so you can look at the construction thread rgarner linked to see how I built the lift (it's been almost a year so I've forgotten exactly how I did it). Good luck, Eurofighters are super fun to build and end up looking awesome :)

#4 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

I like to start the chain at or just before the point where the track is vertical so that I don't really have to mess with the tension, since the chain will be really close to touching the track without a car going over it. Although they may look hard to make, I've found that eurofighter lifts are pretty easy to make. It's just harder to make them run smoothly, but we can help you with that once you've made one and post pictures of it.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter