Knex Thorpe Park Colossus Re-Creation

thorpe park recreation colossus 10 invertion coaster 10 looping

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys, made this thread for my new coaster, im super happy with the start of this coaster, so i thought i would make a thread to get feed back and to have somewhere to post updates of the coaster every day or every few days. 

I have Cystic Fibrosis so im currently self isolating in the uk and im not allowed out for 3 months Boris says lol. Imagine being 22 and not allowed outside :) thanks coronavirus. XD

so that  mean I have A LOT of free time right now lmao!!

I dont expect this  coaster to be possible without johnny's ball bearing cars though lol. my last set I ordered unfortunately got lost in shipping :( real bummed. but hey,  johnny is printing another set and is shipping them off sometime early next maybe. so i might so a comparison when they arrive between heavily weighted normal trains, normal bearing trains and heavily weighted bearing trains.   

Attached Files

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:04 PM

Haha . . . . as soon as I saw the title of this I instantly thought "he's gonna need Johnny's ball bearings!"

But the loop looks really good! Look forward to seeing this progress, and hope you keep safe.

• SCM and thegamingninja like this

#3 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:54 PM

Haha . . . . as soon as I saw the title of this I instantly thought "he's gonna need Johnny's ball bearings!"

But the loop looks really good! Look forward to seeing this progress, and hope you keep safe.

Thanks, and yh im staying safe, I got another screamin serpent set in the mail and we've put it in quarantine for 2 days XD just incase,  also cleaned the package lol.

think ive got about 7 ss's now about. and 2 storm mountains. but i think i  might  run  out of parts near the end of this still lol.

#4 Taipan

Taipan

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:08 PM

Looking forward to seeing all 10 inversions in action!! :-D :-D

• thegamingninja likes this

#5 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:14 PM

Looking forward to seeing all 10 inversions in action!! :-D :-D

me to,  i hope it works XD  im building the inversions before the lift so if i need more speed then i can raise the hill if needed.

#6 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

Construction is going well! got the Loop, Airtime hill, Cobra and first corkscrew finished! and good news. there is enough speed left for the other corkscrew, how ever im not  confident on the inline twists. goint to have to wait for the bearing assembly's to come to see how much speed im really working with. 

#7 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:15 PM

Here is some pictures along with one mid construction image.

Attached Files

#8 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:57 PM

Everything is looking really nice! The middle of the cobra roll looks a little bit sharp, but everything looks spot on other than that. I'd say you have enough speed, especially since its just another corkscrew and 5 barrel rolls after this.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#9 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:09 AM

Everything is looking really nice! The middle of the cobra roll looks a little bit sharp, but everything looks spot on other than that. I'd say you have enough speed, especially since its just another corkscrew and 5 barrel rolls after this.

yh  i wana fix that, but with  the amount of grey rods im useing its quite stiff XD

#10 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:29 AM

fixed the shaping of the cobra this morning, it was bugging me as well lol.

Attached Files

#11 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

Cobra Roll looks a lot better now! Can't wait til you get to all the heartline rolls!

#12 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:14 AM

Experimenting with some inline twist ideas today, i can  make the twists a lot tighter but the normal cars just rub on the track and wheel assembly, might have to file down the bottom of the cars a bit and using the bearing cars should fix it.

Attached Files

#13 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:42 AM

nice heartline rolls dude, are you going to theme it up?

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#14 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:55 AM

nice heartline rolls dude, are you going to theme it up?

if i  have  enough  peices left  at the end  i will,   ima try  build the lift  hill   the match the style  of supports also if  i can  

#15 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:55 PM

The cobra roll is looking good now! The heartline roll looks spot on there. I've always thought it was much more pronounced because of that one picture that's been around where you can see down the middle of the first four rolls, but in POVs it's not like that.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#16 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:35 PM

This looks awesome so far man! Hopefully the new trains don’t get lost in the post this time - they’ll really help with speed and should also help with that clearance on the heartline rolls. The only thing I think you could change is to do with the tube supports you have - try stagger your ladder connectors more (rather than all of then in the same spot) as this will help strengthen them up and maintain that speed you want.

I’ve got the exact same idea as you when it comes to the UK isolation - time to build! Either way, hope you are keeping well safe and well!

Edited by Muzz135, 06 April 2020 - 03:37 PM.

#17 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:31 PM

The cobra roll is looking good now! The heartline roll looks spot on there. I've always thought it was much more pronounced because of that one picture that's been around where you can see down the middle of the first four rolls, but in POVs it's not like that.

yh  i wanted to get that nice shot on the video whens its done so im making sure it looks good when looking down the barrel XD

#18 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

This looks awesome so far man! Hopefully the new trains don’t get lost in the post this time - they’ll really help with speed and should also help with that clearance on the heartline rolls. The only thing I think you could change is to do with the tube supports you have - try stagger your ladder connectors more (rather than all of then in the same spot) as this will help strengthen them up and maintain that speed you want.

I’ve got the exact same idea as you when it comes to the UK isolation - time to build! Either way, hope you are keeping well safe and well!

i ill do that for the loop  as  its still a little un  sturdy, but the rest of the rest is super rigid,  ive got Plasticine and a double A battery under eatch car, so its super heavy and flys round with bearly any wobbly,  the loop has a small amount though

#19 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:31 AM

So far so good, shaping looks great. 

#20 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:39 AM

got  an  issue guys,  ran  out  of space  to build, so dont have enough room for  the  drop or the final bank, what do i do, tak it down and  redo everything with the bearing  cars so i  can scale it down?