Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:18 AM

nooo!!! i ran out of space on my inversion re-creation too  :

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#22 OverbakedTurn

OverbakedTurn

• 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 07:13 AM

Please finish this build! Nothing is going on on all the theme park forums at the moment during the whole corona thing so this thread is pretty much the only thing i am really looking forward to at the moment! Everything looks just so good!

Yes an OverbakedTurn, not an OverbankedTurn!

#23 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

idk, i would love to finish  the build but i kinds wana wait untill the bearing cars are here so i can work on it properly, i recon i could finish the smiler before  i retry colossus.  idk

#24 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:19 AM

im  going  to see if  i can shorten it a bit without  losing to much shaping and maybe i  might be able to save it 

#25 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 01:05 PM

I'd hate to see those really nice inversions be torn down... Maybe take out some of the last few rolls and turn this into a custom? Though I don't know what kind of space you have, the last two barrel rolls take up A LOT of space behind the cobra roll and with just those gone the footprint is significantly smaller.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 10 April 2020 - 01:05 PM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#26 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:14 PM

I'd hate to see those really nice inversions be torn down... Maybe take out some of the last few rolls and turn this into a custom? Though I don't know what kind of space you have, the last two barrel rolls take up A LOT of space behind the cobra roll and with just those gone the footprint is significantly smaller.

thats the things ive shortend the lay out by making the airtime hill shorter. but ive only got about a foot and half till the  wall, the cobra is also touching the wall lol

#27 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:18 PM

got  an  issue guys,  ran  out  of space  to build, so dont have enough room for  the  drop or the final bank, what do i do, tak it down and  redo everything with the bearing  cars so i  can scale it down?

That would be a shame, you've made a really nice start. Got a flat lawn you could set it up on?

If not you could still make a nice custom out of what you have so far. 

#28 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:40 PM

You should just do a custom version of it. Call it Intamin's 3rd generation of the 10 inversion coaster!

#29 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:59 PM

im gunna try make it a bit smaller, and maybe it will fit, all though i need the ball bearing cars to come so i can judge the speed properly before doing so. 

#30 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:18 AM

^^Right! You could definitely make a much more interesting 10-inversion layout than a 5-looper with 5 more barrel rolls slapped on.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 11 April 2020 - 11:19 AM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#31 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

^^Right! You could definitely make a much more interesting 10-inversion layout than a 5-looper with 5 more barrel rolls slapped on.

not without the bearing cars lol

#32 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:20 AM

Is it possible for you to set it up in another room or maybe even outside for the full setup? 

#33 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:50 AM

Is it possible for you to set it up in another room or maybe even outside for the full setup? 

the living room is slightly bigger but not enough to get the full affect of the ride

#34 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

OMG found my old account from 2010 lmao, anyone know how to get this old video back i would love to see if its an old music video or somthing

#35 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

here

Attached Files

#36 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:15 AM

just to update people, im making The Smiler first, then reattempting this... ive made another thread for the smiler project though

#37 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM

now that ive got the bearing cars i might re attempt this either on a smaller scale since the new cars should allow me to make it smaller while still being able to complete the layout..... or on a large scale in the living room. my mother has just got the old sofa and arm chair taken away as its really old and needs replacing, so depending on how long it takes her to order a new one. I might be able to use the living room for the colossus recreation attempt 2!!!!

since im a painter and decorator by trade / what im qualified to do as thats what i took for 2 years after school. I might be able to convince her to let me use the space during lock down or at least for a month or 2 to build this coaster. I hope she says yes, since im going to offer her for me to redecorate the living room fully for free in return, a job that would normally cost around £800-£1200 in the uk for a professional to do lol. 

I hope she says yes as ive been getting a lot of idears for this recreation, its one of my favourite rides at my local, Thorpe park, and it would be a dream to recreate it fully with theremin and everything.

after measuring the 2 rooms (mine and living room) my room is about 9f-9.5feet where as the living room is 14-15 feet, so that extra 4-5 feet would do wonders. 

#38 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:10 PM

also dose anyone know exactly what scale the knex ss cars are, going off some rough measurements online of wooden coaster cars that are about 2.1m in length, and deviding by the front ss car measurement of 70mm for a middle car, i got a rough scale of 1/30 and deviding by the rough 90mm for frount ss cars gets a scale of roughly 1/23.33. not sure if this is meant to be 1/32 or 1/28 or 1/25 or something because ive seen these other scales going around. would be nice to build some things to scale or there about. this would make a 205 foot stealth thorpe park recreation needing to be (1/23.33 scale = 8.78 feet with my front  car measurement) (1/28 scale = 7.32 feet) (1/30 scale = 6.8 feet using middle car for scale ( (1/32 scale = 6.4 feet)

only problem is this would make the colossus recreation only about 3-4 feet tall lmao and i dont think i have that amount of faith in the new cars lol

would be nice to use this to create more accurate recreations though,  johnny is changing the game with them bearing cars :)

#39 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:49 AM

also wondering what the best type of paint to use on the cars is, im looking at acrylic atm, but not sure if there are any better ones

#40 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:27 AM

change of plans, just going to make a custom multi invertion looper that is heavily inspired by colossus, as even having the 14 feet instead of 10 just wont do it lol, ima need a garden / yard to do colossus.