The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#43301 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

I'll probably end up getting Parkitect because my computer isn't good enough to play Planet Coaster. It looks pretty fun too, if they add more options for theming it could be a really great game.

He, yeah, their recommended PC specs are really low, nice to see such a game in modern times. It looks pretty smooth too.:

• Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel i5 or comparable 
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
  • Graphics: Anything made since 2004 
  • DirectX: Version 9.0 
  • Storage: 1 GB available space

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43302 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

I took the ACT Test about two weeks ago, and I got back the results... I'm okay with the score but I'm going to retake it anyways (since my science was really low compared to the practice ACT we took). 

39797.png

#43303 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

He, yeah, their recommended PC specs are really low, nice to see such a game in modern times. It looks pretty smooth too.:

• Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel i5 or comparable 
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
  • Graphics: Anything made since 2004 
  • DirectX: Version 9.0 
  • Storage: 1 GB available space

I bought the game yesterday and it works pretty well on my computer. It's definitely a great replacement for RCT3 for me. The only thing that I don't like is the Terrain painting, because it's really hard to make any smooth transitions, but otherwise it's really great game.

#43304 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:44 PM

I cant decide what to build next after my giga coaster before I go off to college in the summer. I think i can get a lot done after my exams are over next week.

#43305 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:18 AM

I took the ACT Test about two weeks ago, and I got back the results... I'm okay with the score but I'm going to retake it anyways (since my science was really low compared to the practice ACT we took).

What did you get on it? I think I got a combined score of 24 when I took it.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#43306 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

My ACT scores came in as well i got 18/36 as a freshman and 12/36 on the writing portion. 

On another note, that storm that came through devolved into a tornado with baseball sized hail. Many cars had all their windows knocked out and a few home caught on fire from lightning. What about my new truck you ask? Its a Ford so it had no damage whatsoever. Just got a nice washing :D Oh, and I decided to put a tarp in the bed of the truck to make a pool, got about 14 inches of water in it. Now that I think about it, that's gonna be a pain to get out since the tailgate wont open...

Edited by CartRacer56, 10 May 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#43307 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

Wow! How close was the tornado to your house?

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#43308 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

What did you get on it? I think I got a combined score of 24 when I took it.

I got a Composite of 22. I wish I did better, but the test this year was really difficult.

My ACT scores came in as well i got 18/36 as a freshman and 12/36 on the writing portion. 

I got an 18 in Freshman year too! I didn't take the writing though.

I have started a new coaster FYI, it's a small twisty wooden coaster.

39797.png

#43309 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

Ah, the good ole stupid standardized tests. I think my final ACT score was a 31 composite.

Flying out to Italy later today.

#43310 ThisIsGabe

ThisIsGabe

Electrical Engineer

• 177 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

I've been messing with accelerometer logs I took from a few CP rides, they look pretty interesting.

Problem is most of them are from arrows, so they're just BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP.

On the bright side if CP ever tries to yell at me for taking them I can claim I just fell down the stairs  :lol:

Cedar Point Ride Ops
2013 - Maverick
2014 - Cedar Downs and Cadillac Cars Supervisor

I'm building a thing! http://www.sscoaster...m-launch-16194/

#43311 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:17 PM

^Care to post any of the graph? I'm pretty interested to see them.

#43312 ThisIsGabe

ThisIsGabe

Electrical Engineer

• 177 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

^Care to post any of the graph? I'm pretty interested to see them.

https://drive.google...STg&usp=sharing

Here's the graphs, and once they finish uploading, the log files. The excel files are massive, so that graph is plotting every 100th datapoint xD Valravn's log has about 750k datapoints total

Cedar Point Ride Ops
2013 - Maverick
2014 - Cedar Downs and Cadillac Cars Supervisor

I'm building a thing! http://www.sscoaster...m-launch-16194/

#43313 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

Wow! How close was the tornado to your house?

About 5 miles or so. The cell that devolved the tornado started to rotate literally right over my house. The funny thing is as soon as the sirens went off (and I'm not joking about this) everyone in my neighborhood went outside and looked straight up at the storm filming with their smart phones instead of going to the basement like all the news and radio people tell them to. 

#43314 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

Wow. That's probably a bit too close for comfort for me but at least nothing was too severely damaged. I've always wanted to see a tornado but I guess that comes with an element of risk.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#43315 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

I know this is probably a stupid question for you CW5X, but is there the same potential for tornadoes in Europe as here in the U.S.? I don't think I can recall an instance on the world news talking about any tornado outbreaks over in Europe and I'm just quite curious.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#43316 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:37 AM

Well technically, according to an old version of Guinness World Records, there are actually more tornadoes here than in the US but you just don't see many of them touch down. The US ones are far more dramatic.

Edited by CW5X, 13 May 2016 - 02:38 AM.

Tyndrum

#43317 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:45 AM

Is it just me, or did you do the same pattern both times? And yet it only accepted it the 2nd time? Or am I missing something.

Yeah it did, but the first time the sensor didn't pick up all the knock's (if you look closely you don't see a green light at every knock, it misses one).

When it is in it's final form I will set the treshhold better 

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#43318 frosb013

frosb013

92% of teens have moved o

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:43 AM

Hay everyone I have a small question. does anyone know whats happening for the summer heat contest this year as I think I may enter but before I start building but I cant find anything on the home page about it. if anyone can let me know what the rules/ theme is then I can check if i can enter/ if i have enough parts that is.

thanks in advance.

#43319 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

Hay everyone I have a small question. does anyone know whats happening for the summer heat contest this year as I think I may enter but before I start building but I cant find anything on the home page about it. if anyone can let me know what the rules/ theme is then I can check if i can enter/ if i have enough parts that is.

thanks in advance.

If there's a Summer Heat contest this year, I expect that the rules won't be posted until around June.

#43320 frosb013

frosb013

92% of teens have moved o

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

If there's a Summer Heat contest this year, I expect that the rules won't be posted until around June.

Ok that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I really hope to enter this year as I think I own a SS set and a SM set now so I hoping i have enough to do something cool this year.