The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#43281 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:40 PM

And I'll find some way to fuck up and cancel it...

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#43282 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

The excitement!!! It would be awesome with that many pieces. You could build more than one large ride as well. Probably just build Gargantuan and Legend again but with the track going through the centre somehow or Thunder Dolphin.

Also, is anybody else getting weird formatting? Where did all this come from and the achievements are kinda messed up as well.

Attached Files

Edited by CW5X, 04 May 2016 - 05:59 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#43283 dylpickled

dylpickled

Construction Foreman

• 215 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

The excitement!!! It would be awesome with that many pieces. You could build more than one large ride as well. Probably just build Gargantuan and Legend again but with the track going through the centre somehow or Thunder Dolphin.
Also, is anybody else getting weird formatting? Where did all this come from and the achievements are kinda messed up as well.

Attached File  image.png   421.71KB   3 downloads
Shoutout to Kirby for stealing my coaster and earning the mako achievement.
Attached File  image.png   388.13KB   1 downloads
Oh hey, I earned it too! And is one of the staff members trying to hint at something? If so, pm me ;).

Edited by dylpickled, 04 May 2016 - 06:08 PM.

How do I upload a picture here omgg.

#43284 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

Ouch dude with that 2% battery left :D I guess I'm not the only one with interesting things occurring then. I like the idea of the Mako achievement.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#43285 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:14 PM

attachicon.gifimage.png
Shoutout to Kirby for stealing my coaster and earning the mako achievement.
attachicon.gifimage.png
Oh hey, I earned it too! And is one of the staff members trying to hint at something? If so, pm me ;).

I'm a master Coaster-thief (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Edited by KirbyCoast, 04 May 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#43286 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

Sorry double post

Edited by KirbyCoast, 04 May 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#43287 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

This is something I'm working on for school :)

It is a knock sensor, every knock gives a signal (the green led light's up with every knock).

If you have the right knock pattern, the servo starts spinning. When you got it wrong, the red LED lights up.

The structure of the code came from a tutorial, I'm just adding/editing some pieces.

http://vid1090.photo...zpshp7icwpb.mp4

Edited by Kevkillerke, 05 May 2016 - 06:57 AM.

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#43288 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

Add my 35,000 pieces to that 4 to 8 year party.

Seriously though, if all of us got together to make a coaster. Dang it could be impressive.
I could do the station, piglet could do the automation, you and coastergeek could do the track and structure with piglet and I smoothening it out if we find any sharp / straight spots. Anyone else up for it :P

Yeah! Let's do it! I may be a bit rusty though... It's been a while since I've built a legitimate coaster.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#43289 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:03 AM

^^ Lol. That was fantastic. Maybe I should start putting knex building on my resume

Hahaha, I actually do have it on my resume, with a link to my YouTube. It can't hurt...right?

This is something I'm working on for school :)
It is a knock sensor, every knock gives a signal (the green led light's up with every knock).
If you have the right knock pattern, the servo starts spinning. When you got it wrong, the red LED lights up.

The structure of the code came from a tutorial, I'm just adding/editing some pieces.

http://vid1090.photo...zpshp7icwpb.mp4

Is it just me, or did you do the same pattern both times? And yet it only accepted it the 2nd time? Or am I missing something.

The only weird formatting I'm getting is that Rollerfreak's 8th-favorite coaster is Shakira.

#43290 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:06 AM

I see Shakira as well. I think I can guess what it's supposed to be.

Also, Westside7th stopping by. I didn't expect to see that today.

Tyndrum

#43291 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:08 PM

Just got a 1974 Ford F150 with a big block 390 in it for only a thousand bucks! Got a 6 inch lift and 33 inch tires but runs great needs a lot of love and car because the previous owners beat it up pretty bad. I'll get some pics when I can!

#43292 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

Started working at my local Staples store in their Copy and Print Center. Had a pretty fun first shift learning all the different machines, printers, punchers, cutters, and the UI and process of completing orders. The funniest part one customer who exclaimed to us that he (directly quoted), "do[es] not believe in computers, and that they are a cult [he] does not want to be part of." Yeah, an interesting but fun first day...

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#43293 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

At first I was skeptical about Parkitect but now I've seen Many A True Nerd's video it's definitely on my wishlist!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43294 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:05 PM

Nobody replying to anyone else, so I will ;)

Racer, how many miles does it have on it?

Glad you found a job Chopz.

Never heard of Parkitect.

And my own. Will be heading to Italy next Wednesday. A work trip, but mixing in some vacation too.

#43295 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

Its inly got 108,000 on it so its not in oo bad a shape.

#43296 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

I've seen a few videos on Parkitect and even for a seemingly simple game layout, the customisation is actually pretty insane. That and Planet coaster are both trumping RCTW by a long way at the moment. Hopefully I'll get the chance to play both when I get my new computer this summer. Subnautica is another one that I like the look of as well. They seem to be adding new things to the early access version all the time.

So we've got the flights and stuff booked to go to Germany this summer and the area we're staying in is pretty close to Europa Park. I'll finally be able to tell if the trim brakes take the excitement out of Silverstar and give my opinion on Blue Fire which does look awesome. Might try and take some pictures now I have phone capable of doing so.

Edited by CW5X, 08 May 2016 - 03:19 AM.

Tyndrum

#43297 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

I'll probably end up getting Parkitect because my computer isn't good enough to play Planet Coaster. It looks pretty fun too, if they add more options for theming it could be a really great game.

#43298 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

Congrats King!^^^

I'm going for my physical next week, than after that I am going for my permit. Hopefully I'll be able to pass, most of you have told me it's not too bad so I think I can manage. ;) Thnak you guys for all that.

Now that I'm almost graduated... I have to start thinking of college. I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do... But all in good time.
Edit:(Thanks Timmeh, not even sure why I spelled it like that. ;))

Edited by Connector1o1, 09 May 2016 - 07:55 PM.

Signature not available 

#43299 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

collage

psst. It's college x3

Only 13 days of school left, trying to not let my motivation dwindle. 

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#43300 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

Huge storm rolling through. We have gotten about 2.5 inches in the last hour and a half. Rotation is right over my house as well :/