The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44161 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

I haven't particular found anyone to completely dislike. There are many that I haven't been too sure about but not openly disliking. Oh how that will change.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44162 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:51 AM

Don't really expect managers to get better in really any field... strange phenomenon of the workplace.

#44163 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

Just got an interview at Subway! :)

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44164 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:40 PM

Smart choice. My Subway is always empty, so it seems smart to get a job at a slow workplace.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44165 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

Good luck! I didn't want to get a job in food production, but the next best thing was to get a job stocking shelves at a Grocery store. I actually really enjoy it!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44166 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:37 AM

Something I don't get about those ridiculous lawsuits: how the people actually win. My favorite example is this: 

The one where two teen girls were delivering cookies from door to door. When they knocked on the door of this one middle-aged woman, she had an anxiety attack and had to be taken to the hospital. The two girls repeatedly apologized and even offered to pay her hospital bills, but then the woman sued them for $900. Successfully. IMO that's messed up: the fact that she actually won. 

Oh and another thing: this is a law fact for where I live. We learned about it in government and economics. 

Let's say I own private property. Specifically, one that has my own house, and I'm out of town. If someone breaks into my house and they don't look where they're going and fall down the stairs, they can successfully sue me. That makes NO SENSE. I could only imagine the courtroom case: 

"Your Honor, let it be put on record that SCM's house is unsafe for burglars." 

"But he robbed me and drew pentagrams on the wall and punched a hole in the ceiling!" 

To which the judge would be like "Well fudge that SCM, did you know you didn't have a 'watch your step' sign on the stairs?" 

In other news, I plan to count the pieces of my coaster. I'm hoping to get a higher piece count than SheiKra, which was 13,047 pieces. Sad how I know that at the top of my head...

Edited by SCM, 28 January 2017 - 08:39 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44167 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

Can't believe it is almost February.

#44168 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

The last day of January! (January, June, July - wow, must be a favorite letter of those who named the months in English) Then now it's onto February, my least favorite month of all. Valentine's Day... a cruel reminder that I am cursed to be forever single. Anyway, I'm going to get all the platinum relics in Crash 3. This is going to be torture, especially the flying levels. Oh - I did see Fake Crash, though. I didn't know he was even in the game. O_O

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44169 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

Had another great day in 2017. Got yelled at by my boss (I work at a copy shop) because I tried fixing a print order the customer wasn't happy with (that I had no part in originally producing), but the customer decided to abandon the redo before demanding a refund. Rest of the shift didn't go to well with customers yelling and getting angry at me because they can't get 1000 copies of their 30 page document in 10 minutes (it's physically impossible.....).

Then, after my shift, I had the sad, iconic moment in the grocery store when I grabbed a 12-pack box of soda. Lifted it up from the shelf and the one side breaks open; all the cans roll out of the box and explode on impact with the floor, spinning and spitting soda all around the aisle. Once the cans stopped whirling around, I couldn't do anything but stand there are question my life choices before asking for help. At least the store was understanding of what happened.

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 31 January 2017 - 11:08 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44170 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

Hey, does anybody have a Gatekeeper Statix train they're willing to sell?

#44171 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:17 AM

Sorry to hear Chopz. Keep your head up, keep doing your job, and things will work out.

#44172 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Anyone watching the super bowl tonight? Will Tom Brady tie the record for the most super bowls won by a player? Bill Belichick will have the most super bowls won as a head coach as well.

Edited by IOAgeek, 05 February 2017 - 05:48 PM.

#44173 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

(Skip reading this post if you want to see super bowl related posts... that won't make you cringe.)

I've always watched maybe an hour or so of the superbowl - not counting the commercials, but tbh I mainly watch the commercials. It's kinda funny in a way - I have almost no idea what is going on, and I'm sure there will be an awkward moment at work with a customer like "Hey, host, what team did you root for?" *Indian accent* "Eh, sorry, I new speek ze inglishes." Though I don't care for sports, I have always somewhat admired the teamwork that goes into them. Sorry if any of that was horribly incorrect. *bad poker face* 

Edited by SCM, 05 February 2017 - 06:50 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44174 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:00 AM

I'm not really all that into American football, I usually just watch for the halftime show (didn't watch at all tonight though). For super bowl 49 we went to our neighbor's house and I was bored so I just rooted for the opposing team to everyone else in the room (Patriots) and watched how mad everyone got at me. I didn't really expect the Patriots to win but when they did everyone in the room started screaming at me. 

#44175 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:16 PM

I watched last Superbowl just to have a reason to order pizza and get drunk with housemates.. but it is definitely not a real interest. 

Six nations however.. oooo boy. 

#44176 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

I just got done watching all 3 original Jurassic Park movies. I remember watching them as a kid, not just once but over and over again in the same day. They used to give me nightmares... I remember when I went to Universal and in the Jurassic Park section I saw some newly hatched velociraptors. I thought they were real and that they would follow me back to the hotel room... lol. I'm hoping that they will make another Jurassic World movie where they show off some of the insect life from back then - scorpions the size of bath tubs, dragonflies with a 3 foot wingspan, and it would be especially cool to see a scene with an arthropluera. 

Needless to say, if I was ever going to go to one of those islands, I'd call my mommy and tell her "Hello? Yes, I'm going to one of those islands for the day. I'm not saying that I won't come back alive. All I'm saying is, I might not be home early for dinner, and that you might want to not stay up late waiting for me." Edit: On another note - or should I say, Flash card, er, I'll put it in a spoiler just in case. ;)

Spoiler

Edited by SCM, 09 February 2017 - 09:04 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44177 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

Jurassic Park III really is awful as an adult.

#44178 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Today I watched The Neverending Story II... and I watched the first one about a week ago. So much nostalgia watching it. I really love weird 80's movies and their special effects. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44179 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:29 AM

How did the story ever end? ;)

#44180 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

All this work has hit me like a freight train. And my parents are away for a month at the end of this week so Nick and I will have to deal with all the housework too. I was promised 3rd year would be busy.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum