The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44201 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

^ It's a dry heat though. I experienced all kinds of weather in Boy Scouts, and I thought a dry 100-110 was much better than a humid 85-90.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#44202 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

I won't be having enough space for K'NEX, but the gaming corner will be done right. I will have to save the K'NEX for when I get to a full blown house instead of a rented apartment.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#44203 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

Figured I might as well just pop in to say hi.  I still want to come back to this community.  It's just that building takes a significant amount of time that I just don't have right now.  Maybe it was just the lack of feedback I was getting, but I just got really demotivated, and so I shelved what I had built.  Lo and behold, it's still up, years later.  I'll finish it one day.... probably.  Anyway, good to see that some of you guys are still around.  Maybe I'll procrastinate on an assignment or two this weekend to get some kind of ending on that coaster...

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#44204 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

Glad to see you stop by :)

Unfortunately rides just don't get the same feedback they used to anymore; doesn't mean a ride is good or anything; members just hold bite their tongue more now.

#44205 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

Does anyone follow or participate in FIRST robotics or is it just me and rollerfreak987??

#44206 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

Does anyone follow or participate in FIRST robotics or is it just me and rollerfreak987??

Commando used to be a part of 2451, but I think we're the only ones nerdy enough to still be doing it.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44207 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

Forum, yesterday I noticed something in the wall to roof transition of the roof outside the front door. I thought it was a grasshopper, but then I changed my mind, as I've never seen a grasshopper that big before, especially in these parts. I noticed that it was strangely shaped. To give a brief description: color = green, size = approx. 4 inches, behavior = idle, non-aggressive. Yes, yes, I know my hand makes it look like a regular-sized critter, but my hand was a good 3 feet or more away from this thing. The bricks are about 8 inches each, and from the abdomen to the tip of its antennae, I'm guessing that this creature was a good 4 inches. Furthermore, I think I have come to a surprising conclusion: this was a giant katydid, a sight often heard more than seen, so I consider myself to be lucky. The description of my research matched the description of the giant katydid quite exactly. It was such a beautiful creature to look at. :) 

Spoiler

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44208 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

Commando used to be a part of 2451, but I think we're the only ones nerdy enough to still be doing it.

Actually, Antinos/Rollerdude is a mentor and heavily involved for 573 to this day. He graduated high school six years ago and is an engineer at Ford now.

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#44209 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

Glad to see you stop by :)

Unfortunately rides just don't get the same feedback they used to anymore; doesn't mean a ride is good or anything; members just hold bite their tongue more now.

Senior year of college is kicking my butt right now, but then again I've been using school as an excuse since 8th grade!

On another note, I just accepted an internship with Dynamic Attractions for this summer and I'm stoked! Super excited to be living in Orlando for a bit.

#44210 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Lets just have a meetup and go ride Wildfire 

#44211 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

Senior year of college is kicking my butt right now, but then again I've been using school as an excuse since 8th grade!

On another note, I just accepted an internship with Dynamic Attractions for this summer and I'm stoked! Super excited to be living in Orlando for a bit.

That's awesome. I wanted a job in Orlando after graduating college, but never panned out. Job market just blew too much in 2011. Guess I could just technically move there now since I telecommute ;)

#44212 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

I watched a movie last night: The Last Witch Hunter. I just love these epic supernatural dark and weird movies. You too, Krampus. I want you to be my prom date. Anyway, I kept giggling about the cast of The Last Witch Hunter. I could just imagine an honest trailer for it, like "Featuring: The guy that looks a lot like The Rock, Spyro the Dragon (Elijah Wood), and SeamlessR." 

Edited by SCM, 24 February 2017 - 09:07 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44213 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Forums are really slow right now.

#44214 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:48 PM

^I wish I was around when this hobby was really popular. Do you know when the site was most active?

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44215 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

Yeah the forums seem slow atm. I've even built 2 things last year that I didn't post on the site :/ . The coney island parachute jump and a 10 foot vekoma ferris wheel. But there weren't any parachutes and the wheel was wind powered lol. I think I'll show pictures soon. I was just too lazy too make a thread and the construction processes were really fast so i probably wouldn't have shown much more than the finished products anyway.

#44216 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

Well, I haven't seen a gif avatar in a while... especially one with what looks like there is some... "building" about to happen. So yeah, we should look into this wind powered ferris wheel. It'll be like a chance. "Step right up, folks! Come and ride the one and the only ferris windmill! There's only a few seats left, so hop aboard and hope that the wind picks up!" *the next day* "There have been reports of people being tossed out of the ferris windmill due to high wind speeds. It's fair to say that this is a ride that will really blow you away." 

On the topic of the forums being slow, I'm sure that the forums will soon perish completely. There's not much of a demand for building coasters and stuff anymore. Most members have moved on, some have gone off to college, some have found other things to do, some have gotten into work, stuff like that, I guess. It is to my guessing that this hobby we have on here will be but a memory, only proven to exist through internet pictures and videos. 

Edit: Oh and I'll be going to tech soon. Who knew. 

Edited by SCM, 27 February 2017 - 10:12 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44217 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

Hello site! Man, ever since school started picking up, I've been super busy. I will get to building something eventually, but first I have to demolish and sort my science fair coaster. Speaking of, the coaster was a success, and ran uninterrupted the whole exposition. 

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44218 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

I haven't built a legitimate roller coaster in almost a year in a half... wow. Going to be moving to Orlando this summer. I hope some time will open up for building once that happens.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44219 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

Well, its been a while. Work on my coaster around my room has all but ceased, kart body is being work on as race season starts the first week of April. New number and scheme for the next few seasons. My room has pretty much become the garage as my actual room has become a mess. (I spend a lot of time in the garage now) I've been quite lonely recently even when I'm surrounded by friends. No motivation to do anything school related. Thought I would do track and field this summer for throws but opted out of it. I'm 95% sure I'm suffering from mild depression. I'm spending a lot of time away from people and not interacting a lot. The worst part is that for whatever reason the gun safe in my basement keeps popping into my head. (don't worry I like life too much still)

Not a whole lot has gone right recently. Grades are slipping and whatnot. Hopefully football conditioning in the summer will get me active and motivated again.

So that's where I've been. 

#44220 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

^That really sucks to hear dude, PM me if you ever want to talk.
I've been in a bit of a slump with school too, but I just got a job that I actually really enjoy, so that keeps my mind off of school.

4 Windseekers and counting...