The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44401 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Yeah, and I'm no longer browsing the forums and chatting until 3 AM like I used to be. / I love customers who do this: So it's a busy day hosting at [restaurant]. I'm on my feet constantly, running to seat people, bus tables, clean tables, announce table status, all that jazz. I'm not able to catch a break because it's so busy. Tables are running out, and those customers just keep coming. Then, the next customer comes up to the front and says "I did a call ahead for [name], party of 43?" It is here that my heart sinks, as does all of the hosts' and hostess'. We give a look of shock and horror. Then the customer says "I'm just kidding, there's only 3 of us." I then laugh, relieved. It almost gets me every time someone does that. That's something I would do: a healthy dose of dark humor. / Also, I've had a KNEX dream. Those don't come around too often. So here; I was watching an old video from 2007 that was showing a bunch of teens moving trays of different KNEX pieces. I guess that was a job or something. They kept saying "lol u guys r such n00bs bcuz u use slow mo in ur final vids"... yes, a rather informative helping of constructive criticism right there. One of the teens then spilled a tray by accident. It was full of small black rods. At this point, I decided to teleport into the KNEX warehouse and hovered above them. I told them I was from the future and I'll just be on my way with 10 small black rods. I exchanged the pieces from 10 small green rods, to make it fair.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44402 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

It's sad to hear that the chat was discontinued. I remember spending hours and hours on there, and at one point it had something like 11 users on it one day. I'm going to miss it, for sure. 

Eventually I'm gonna start building again.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44403 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

I'll try to find a replacement for it.

#44404 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

Last day at Cedar Point is today. I'll be making a trip report sometime after I get home.

My top 10 has shifted so much it isn't even funny.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44405 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:25 AM

Was Maverick as good as everyone says it is? (It's my #1) And was Millennium Force good? (I found it to be fun, but forceless)

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44406 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Maverick was a whole lot of fun, but being so tall, it kinda ruined it with the restraints.

I enjoyed Millenium more. You'll hear all my opinions in my trip report I'm gonna post.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

#44407 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

Funny how you guys are talking about theme parks when I went to a theme park last night. I know, it's hard to believe, but it's true... okay, it was a dream, but I'll take it. I was first sitting at a metal picnic table when I saw an old friend of mine working at the cash register. We'll call her M. She used to be my best friend in real life, but then stuff happened to me and her and... well, I kind of abandoned her. That was wrong of me, and I'm still feeling the guilt of that to this day... I make sure I never forget her so I will never forgive myself; I see her so much in my dreams. Getting back to the topic, M noticed me and smiled. She went over to talk to me. "You and I have a lot of catching up to do," she smiled. I half smiled back at her, as it has been a long time since we've talked, and even longer since I've seen her happy. We talked a little bit, I gave her a little life update, and she gave a life update about her new job as a theme park food cashier - or whatever it's called. I went to tell M that I keep seeing her in my dreams, but before I could say anything, she was back at her stand. She left her wallet and fine jewelry on the floor for some reason. I was worried that someone would steal them if I didn't do anything, so I picked them up and put them on the table so I could guard the items better. Next thing I knew, I was standing in a crowd with a group of three men. They were all bald and wore glasses. One had a long, white-brown beard, another was wearing a fedora and a suit, and the other guy was wearing a cloak with a huge collar, like the one Barnacle Boy wore in SB, except it was pink. They asked me if I wanted to ride the inverted impulse coaster. I said, "sure," and they pointed to an escalator descending into darkness. I went down, and it was completely dark. I could hear the screams of the riders and the train speeding through the tracks, but I only ever saw a faint reflection when the dim lights hit the train. I fell down, and realized I was on a moving path. It was purple. I went around and around, being careful to not fall off. The announcer said something about Space Mountain. I couldn't move. Something was holding me down. So, I teleported. At last, there was the final scene of the dream. I was with some sort of dinner party with those other men I mentioned earlier. We apparently stayed there for five days, and they gave you only one set of silverware that you had to make last your entire stay. My utensils had baked on food on them. It was pretty gross. I was asked to light the candle. It was a large candle with tons of wicks poking out. I lit one, then blew it out. I blew away the smoke, but the smoke was hot enough to light another one. I blew again, and the effect still persisted. Almost all of the candles were lit. I decided to blow them out one more time and wait for the smoke to clear. This wasn't the usual candle smoke, as it was slow. So, some time later, the smoke left and then all candles lit up. The flames towered above us and I could see a fiery skeleton looking at me and laughing before reaching out a fiery claw and dragging me into the flame... and to think this is actually a normal dream for me. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44408 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Phew. 3rd year is finally done and I'm drained. I've never been quite so busy but it's all behind me now. Looking forward to a nice relaxing summer break.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44409 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

Phew. 3rd year is finally done and I'm drained. I've never been quite so busy but it's all behind me now. Looking forward to a nice relaxing summer break.

A nice relaxing summer break filled with Silver Star construction I hope ;)

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44410 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

A nice relaxing summer break filled with Silver Star construction I hope ;)

Much indeed. I've already started moving outside again :D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#44411 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:47 AM

I look forward to seeing some increased building in the upcoming weeks!

#44412 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

I look forward to seeing some increased building in the upcoming weeks!

I agree. Once summer comes, I'm going to do some much needed cleaning of my collection. Can't wait!

Yesterday, I figured out that it would be cheaper to buy a one way flight to Cleveland from Atlanta and then a one way flight to Portland. I'm going down to Atlanta this summer and I'm looking forward to it! 

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44413 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

What will you be doing down here?

I'm also glad that the Quick Pics section has picked up a bit!

#44414 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

Summer might make me stop around here a bit.  No way in hell I'll be able to encourage my mom to let me build some stuff this summer, especially since we're trying to sell our house.  The whole "I have to go into the real world" thing is gonna hit me real hard within the next year.  Hahaha.

Lighter note, I just got my wisdom teeth out.  Anyone wanna play overwatch?

FF.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/IggFish123

Nothing turns a girl on more than telling them you are in a company on K'nex website 

#44415 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Seeing your signature, iggfish, brought back so many memories of companies on SSC.... DD, BoF, (there was one Steel made too but I forget the name...). Can't forget the construction threads starting with "[ (company name) ]", all the patented ride elements / ideas / names.... Still sad I never was able to join one before they liquidated. DD is probably the only active group from the company days still in existence, right? And who can forget the logo/design thread shops. Incredible how much SSC activity has changed.

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 24 May 2017 - 04:25 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44416 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Oh wait... CW5X and I missed our 5 year anniversary :(

Anyways, I should be getting at least some of my Cedar Point trip report up tomorrow evening. I had a great time!

#44417 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Seeing your signature, iggfish, brought back so many memories of companies on SSC.... DD, BoF, (there was one Steel made too but I forget the name...). Can't forget the construction threads starting with "[ (company name) ]", all the patented ride elements / ideas / names.... Still sad I never was able to join one before they liquidated. DD is probably the only active group from the company days still in existence, right? And who can forget the logo/design thread shops. Incredible how much SSC activity has changed.

Yeah it kinda cracks me up how Jogumpie basically made DD into like a brand thing.  I have no idea who's even here anymore anyway, so I couldn't tell you.  The last post in this thread back in April was the first time I've really looked here in years, outside of the accidental clicks on SSC in my bookmark bar.  

Edited by iggfish123, 24 May 2017 - 10:21 PM.

FF.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/IggFish123

Nothing turns a girl on more than telling them you are in a company on K'nex website 

#44418 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

Aw dammit. I meant to say when I'd been on here for 5 years but I had to hand in a huge folio on that day and I was so tired. Oh well. Where did the time go?

Edited by CW5X, 25 May 2017 - 03:36 AM.

Tyndrum

#44419 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

It's pretty crazy to know that some other members and I have been on here for 5 years. Well... almost 5 years for me, but still. Somehow that's more of a shock to me than the members who have been here 6 to 10+ years. 

Edit: v (next page) 14.5 years? Pffft. That's nothing. I know that some threads on here were made in 1969... and that's like.... a long ass time ago. :P

Edited by SCM, 25 May 2017 - 08:39 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44420 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

What about BGTs 14.5 years? That's probably the craziest thing for me.

Tyndrum