Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

Appreciate the influx of Quick Pics!

#44382 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:41 PM

Appreciate the influx of Quick Pics!

I honestly didn't know what they were for until you explained it earlier. If I'd have known I would've started using them awhile ago. They're like a place for mini-updates or random progress, and I LOVE using them instead of waiting until I have the time to sit down and make a real update.

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44383 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

Mystic timbers is really great guys. Awesome pacing, nice first drop.

#44384 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

I actually rode mystic timbers on Friday for the first time, really nice, even in the pouring rain >.<

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#44385 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

I wasn't impressed with my first ride, but it was during early ride time on a chilly morning. I rode it again Friday afternoon and it was much faster. Solid, fun ride.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#44386 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:17 AM

Speaking about riding coasters, it's hard to believe I haven't ridden a coaster since my trip to Six Flags New Jersey in 2015. I can't believe it's been so long. I'm making a trip out to 3 parks this year though, Knoebels, six flags NJ, and Hershey Park twice. I look forward to going to theme parks again. After years of visiting theme parks. I've learned something. I used to be 100% committed to riding all the coasters as many times as I can. I felt like I had to prove that I liked coasters. Now... it's a different story. It took me way too long to realize this, but it's not about the roller coasters, or the food. It's about the people you go with. As long as you enjoy the moment with the people you are with, nothing else matters. Yearly trips to my local park Knoebels were my favorite part of the year.

Edited by Connector1o1, 08 May 2017 - 08:46 PM.

Signature not available 

#44387 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:52 AM

Heading back down to Disney World later this week for a Mother's Day trip.

#44388 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Everyday, I am coming closer and closer to my trip to Ohio this summer. I'm not working, but instead selling items.

Looking forward to it!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44389 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

What are you selling?

#44390 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Everyday, I am coming closer and closer to my trip to Ohio this summer. I'm not working, but instead selling items.

Looking forward to it!

I been counting down the days to my trip to the Midwest too. (23 left!) I'll probably post the trip report here, as well as on Carowinds Connection. Last summer my friend and I made a massive trip report of our Pennsylvania trip (http://carowindsconn....php?f=4&t=4596) and I wrote one for our Cedar Point trip (http://carowindsconnection.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4627).

#44391 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

Oh how I miss going to theme parks. All I can really afford to do now are those relatively unsafe state fairs... Forum, I have a question that is one of life's great mysteries. I can't figure it out, and no one I know seems to be able to figure it out; 

How do servers get the money that customers tip? I understand if it's physical money, but if the customer writes the amount on the check, how does the server get it? 

Okay, so I go into a restaurant, right? Once I'm done eating, I'm presented with the check pad. I put my card in, and they take it back to get the money out of it. They give me it back, and I'm presented with the receipt. I may or may not add a tip - I ALWAYS add a tip, even if the service wasn't that great, because they don't make enough otherwise. Once I've added up the total and signed it, I get up and leave. 

I understand how they get the money through the credit card, but that was before I wrote down my tip. Do they still have my card info in the system so they can take it out and give it to the server? Do they have a psychic forsee how much I'm going to tip? I'm sure the money comes from me, so my theory stays with the most realistic theory between the two I described; Cisco vibes into the future and tells the restaurants how much people tip. 

Edit: Trying to get giant interlocking leaning loops in ORCT2. I know it's possible. I've done it before, timed them even, but I'm having a hard time. I promised myself I wouldn't touch the park without time lapse, but for this I'll make an exception. Trust me, it would be boring to watch me try to interlock two giant loops. Normal loops are so much easier... you just have the bottom loop's pullin at 0ft and the next loop up's pullin to 20ft (25ft if you want to do more than two interlocking loops). Giant loops are much less forgiving. 

Edited by SCM, 10 May 2017 - 12:46 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44392 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Speaking of count downs I leave for Cedar Point in 8 days :)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44393 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

What are you selling?

The weather has finally shown up here, so every weekend I've been selling drinks at PeeWee Baseball games. I buy a twelve pack of Coke and a couple waters, and sell them all for a dollar each. I make a good profit each time.

EDIT: Is the chat down for everyone else? Mine isn't working.

Edited by Spaghetti, 11 May 2017 - 10:36 PM.

#44394 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one, then. The chat is down for me, too. Probably because no one ever really uses it much and there's not much sense in paying for something that doesn't get used. 

Edit: Oh before I forget, today is a day that is marked in my personal history book. (I should make one. An actual textbook.) I have finally completed a puzzle game without looking up any answers! The game in question is 3D Logic (the one for Android)... I finished level 70 earlier today. I've been working on that game since 11th grade.... O_O 

Edited by SCM, 12 May 2017 - 03:17 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44395 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

Is there a plan to bring back Summer Heat this year? I'd definitely enter.

#44396 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

I second that. I'd enter as well, even if I am super busy this summer with Vacation.

#44397 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:12 AM

Ugh, I really need to force myself to finish up with Neutron Star's final video before summer gets here. Just in case we do have Summer Heat, or if we don't, so I can at least get started on resurrecting an older ride I didn't finish. ;) Now, I know I'm not going to actually do anything if I'm doing it for me. So, in the name of SSC, I shall finalize and upload my video as soon as it is completed. There. Now I'll have to finish it. 

Forum, this next part in the post will be in hidden content because it contains a spider picture. Arachnophobia Warning

Spoiler

This picture was sent to me by my mom. She saw the spider chilling out on the front door. The outside part, of course. I'm honestly jealous that I wasn't there to see it in person. I've never seen a spider this colorful in real life before. Just the boring, standard gray, brown, and black. This thing is green. That's so effin' cool. My parents asked me to tell them what kind of spider it was, and I had no idea. Luckily my dad told me it jumped, so I knew it would be a jumping spider, and that really made searching easier. It doesn't look like a jumping sider, but it is, and just for the illusion that I know what I'm talking about; species: Lyssomanes viridis. Common name: Magnolia Jumping Spider. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44398 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Had a great vacation! Now back to reality unfortunately.

BTW, Chat does not work because they discontinued the chat product we were using.

#44399 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Ah. If chat ever does reappear again, I hope it's like the chatbox - changing post colors, forum coding, looking through chat archives... it was an awesome chat. My personal favorite - even more so than the blue chat. Still, probably not much sense in getting a chat until the site gets more active... if the site gets more active. This site is so inactive it makes a knex isle look overcrowded. 

Edit: It's been a while since I haven't been the one to start a new page. :P 

Edited by SCM, 18 May 2017 - 07:02 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44400 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

I usually sit in chat but there's been nights where i sit in there for 3 hours and no one stops by

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing