The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44341 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

^First off, you should have a general idea of how much money you're going to need. make sure to include tickets, food, and since its Cedar Point I would recommend a fast lane for one day.
Once you have that figured out I would try calling family members and offering to do work. Before I was old enough to get a job, that's what I'd do to raise money for my crippling addiction to amusement parks. Usually, my family members would have some sort of lawn work or a car that needed washing that I could do to earn some money. When I went to CP last summer I spent about $400 (Including a $200 Platinum Pass and $100 neal plan). Hope this helps!

• Spaghetti likes this

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44342 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

^^ The corner is usually a good way 

#44343 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:00 AM

At least you won't get beat up like on United ;)

I'm actually hoping costs for United tickets will drop, and then it'll actually be a plus to ride with them. It is awful what happened but it's not very likely the same thing will happen to that many people, and I'm sure they're trying to be extra careful now with that type of thing...

#44344 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Still watching SpongeBob in season 10. The show just doesn't have the same "ring" anymore, and now, I think I know why. SpongeBob is still naive, Patrick is still cute and stupid, J and Q are both megalomaniacs... but the show has lost some character traits from SpongeBob. There are two particular ones that I've noticed, and I shall briefly describe each. 1) Worship. SpongeBob doesn't worship random stuff anymore. "What do you mean, SCM?" I'm talking about how SpongeBob would say "With this mop, I shape my destiny!" or "...to know what it means to be in a marching band..." or "Squidward! You didn't teach me how to use *dreamy eyes and angelic choir* The Cash Register." Oh, and those periods where SpongeBob thinks he's something else. "I'm an entertainer deep down, a people's person. We're on the same page here, right?" One of my favorite things from the older episodes was how he and Patrick treated everything so... specially. Maybe they got tired of doing this, maybe it just doesn't work out in these days... maybe too many parents complained "Mah dotta es worshippin a sanwic instea a worshippin da lawd." 2) Krabs' Cheapskate Behavior. I ALWAYS got a kick out of Krabs saying the cheapest things. "Watchu mean, boi?" Well... "If you're wasting time, you're wasting money, and that's just SICK." "Patrick! I am not not paying you to play 'Guess What the Idiot's Thinking' with Squidward! Now get back to work!" or my personal favorite quote from H, "Boy, I think those patty fumes have gotten to your head. Borrow Squidward's gas mask then get RIGHT BACK TO WORK."

Edit: In other double news, my rubber bands broke but I purchased some heavy duty ones online so hopefully the final video won't be stalled for too much longer. I've also finally unlocked N Tropy in CTR; Cortex Castle sure was a challenge for a time trial. Oxide will be a much bigger challenge, even in the very first level he's still kicking my ass. 

Edited by SCM, 18 April 2017 - 02:41 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44345 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

I'm actually hoping costs for United tickets will drop, and then it'll actually be a plus to ride with them. It is awful what happened but it's not very likely the same thing will happen to that many people, and I'm sure they're trying to be extra careful now with that type of thing...

I agree. When you're trying to search for cheap airline tickets, any airline will do. (Besides Spirit Airlines, of course. They can go burn in hell for the $3 they charged me for a cup of water.)

When is the least busiest day of the week to go to CP?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44346 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

^Honestly, all the days of the week other than Friday are about the same. The park was somewhat busy Monday-Wednesday, although the only rides with more than a 20-30 min wait were Valravn and Maverick. Like I said before, get a Fastlane Plus for one day just to make sure you get plenty of re-rides.

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44347 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

Having a good time at Disney this week! My son has really enjoyed rides so far. Be sure to check out www.floridathrills.net to follow my adventures with my family.

#44348 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

Ah, Disney. World, that is. I've been there about five or six times total. I love the place. The resorts are so nice and so stylish. Last time we went, we stayed at Coronado Springs. I really loved the architecture and the food was great, especially the huge nacho dish. That was my favorite food item of the trip... possibly of all trips. Always enjoyed myself at the parks. In Hollywood Studios, there is this one restaurant that is 1950's themed. If you happen to be in the area, you should go there because it's pretty funny. They're like "Put that phone away!" "No elbows on the table!" like in the 50's. The food is actually surprisingly good. The waiting area is like someone's living room from, you guessed it, the 50's. Can't forget the two huge restaurants. (Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex Cafe.) It's been a few years since I've been to Disney. Unfortunately, we never got to go into the Beauty and the Beast restaurant. The rock formation alone was MASSIVE. The entire restaurant area? HUGE... and I'm sure it looks oodles bigger from the inside. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44349 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

Last time I went to Disney World was 7 years ago. I'm surprised we flew to Orlando, because we were just one state over. I remember staying at the Dolphin Resort and riding on Thunder Mountain once. I think we flew AirTran? Man, I can't believe they're gone. 

I'm selling drinks at a couple sporting events this weekend. I've researched the laws and everything is ok. Hopefully going to get some good business.

#44350 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Selling drinks, eh? *customer buys a drink* "Excellent choice, Sir. Our 1851 Coca Fancy Cola pairs most exquisitely with any of our hors d'oeuvres." Good luck, though. :) 

Yesterday, I went to a Chinese buffet. Whenever I go to a cultural restaurant, such as Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, etc., it's always awkward for me because I don't know how I'm supposed to act... and I don't want to seem rude. At the buffet yesterday, I didn't know if it would be disrespectful or something to eat a lot, so I just delicately grabbed a few samples. I still ended up using two plates and became pretty full regardless... this is something that I often have a good laugh about when I talk to myself. :-) 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44351 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

Disney trip was a success. My son loved each ride he was able to go on. We head back down there May 12th for Mother's Day weekend. Be sure to keep checking out Florida Thrills for reports and photos.

#44352 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

It's good to hear that his majesty had a fun time. *bows* ;) Edit: ZOMG that was weird. I swear I remember myself making this post while rendering a file in the background and looking back at the post to think "wow this happened before". Maybe in like, another timeline or something? Yes, that must be it. Edit 2: I just watched Dragon Quest. (MLP: FiM) It's one of my least favorite episodes, so I hardly ever watch it. Anyway, Twilight forgot she is a powerful unicorn with more than enough magic to defend herself and her friends, but instead, she just teleported herself and her friends out of the way. Would've been a sick battle between ponies and dragons.... honestly, I don't think dragons would stand a chance against Twilight... and I guess I'm still watching this show since shortly after I got my SSC account. So many memories with this fandom and the show. Yes, Wooden Toaster and MicTheMicrophone, I'm looking at you. Today I watched [PMV]Great to be Different Music Video | Brony Dance Party. It's been several years since I've watched it. It still makes me want to cry... I'm losing manly points for that, but it's okay. I have one more thing to say; 

I'm happier now than I've ever been. Not even a year ago, I was suicidal and self destructive. I believed that things never got better; they only got worse. I only saw darkness ahead and no reason to go on. Now, I'm emerging from the darkness that has consumed so much of my past; I'm becoming a part of you. Knowing what I've been through and how I was back then compared to how I am today just gives me hope... I mean, I would've never of believed things would get better. Now, though, I see that they do. 

Edited by SCM, 25 April 2017 - 06:02 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44353 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

I had some Deja Vu the other day. It was strange.

#44354 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

I was just at Disneyland for two days on a band trip, and I got to go to California Adventure for the first time too. I'd say my favorite ride at California adventure was Grizzly rapids, but it's close between that and California Screamin'. Also we got kicked off a ride... for some reason... My freinds and I went on a Grizzly Rapids night ride with a short line and the operator pointed us to raft 29, but it wasn't anywhere. So we got in a different one with enough seats and she got mad and put us in a different raft and said "Enojoy your ride, this'll be your last". While we were riding we thought we would try and ride again and see what happens. When we got back to the front she recognized us and said that we got in the wrong raft and lied, then she told us to leave and go up the stairs. Definitely the first time I've had a bad experience with a cast member.

Edited by KirbyCoast, 25 April 2017 - 07:22 PM.

#44355 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

Going to be a stressful day for me tomorrow.... Going to visit the financial aid office of the university I was accepted to recently (yay!) to figure out how I'm going to cover the 2/3 of tuition not being covered by government loans. Finances are what killed my college endeavors two years ago, so hopefully tomorrow will go well. If not, I'm pretty much out of options for university. Ughhhh, I'm probably too stressed about this, but I know tomorrow is one of those pivotal days that will shape he rest of my life - I just want it to work out one time.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44356 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

Good luck, LaMbChOpZ. I hope everything went better than expected. Edit: *as in will have went better than expected

Edited by SCM, 26 April 2017 - 02:02 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44357 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Well, it wasn't all bad this time. Found out the government is shorting me on my loans by a few thousand, so that brings me a bit closer. However, there's not much other funding available from the school besides another loan (Parent PLUS) or private loans. I had to confirm my enrollment before Monday, May 1st, or my admissions offer is rescinded, but I can't file a PLUS loan until June. I have to bite the bullet and submit my non-refundable deposit. I'm getting to school some way in the fall, it's jut a matter of exactly how, now. I've become so distrusting of the system  that I'm not really getting my hopes up, but hopefully I'll be surprised.

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 26 April 2017 - 02:54 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44358 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

Are you still considered a dependent of your parents?

#44359 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

It's rained 146 out of the last 208 days here. That's above 70%. Why can't the weather chill out for once? 

#44360 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

I'm no expert on the matter, but wouldn't that mean flooding is a risk? (worried)

Edited by SCM, 28 April 2017 - 05:47 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master