• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44321 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

I hope she does too, sad to hear that. :(

I didn't know SSC had a Twitter account... not that I actually have a Twitter. 

By the way, this is amazing: 

Edited by SCM, 08 April 2017 - 03:59 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44322 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

Just watched that movie recently haha. Someone had a lot of time on their hands in RCT2...

#44323 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Me too. It was one of those movies that I've been looking for, I saw it at Best Buy. RCT2 is what all the real animators use. 

In other news, it's pretty crazy that SpongeBob SquarePants is at season 10. O_O I own seasons 1 through 8, but I might stop there. Season 9 and onwards, the animation gets really, uh, bouncy. I mean it's not bad but it's almost like a separate cartoon. I guess they're not doing those hyper-realism shots anymore? I really liked those... come to think of it, did they have to stop doing that because of the creepypasta? 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44324 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

Last day of the NHL regular season, playoff time is coming up this week! The lightning were on point out of the playoffs, well they lost some easy games at home and had a few injuries to deal with, I'm sure they'll be rested and healthier for next season. Lets see what teams are for real and who are pretenders towards the Stanley Cup!

#44325 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

In the past 12 hours, I've seen/watched/read how nine of my high school classmates are now engaged (and none to each-other!). Adulting is crazy; who knew April 9th was so romantic.... :P

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 09 April 2017 - 10:32 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44326 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:02 PM

Is there anyone else here who just can't escape the friend zone? Often times I'll be attracted to someone, but I won't say anything because I don't know if they're single or not, and I'm just like "Well, she's probably taken." Honestly, I wish people would wear a shirt that said "I am actually single" on the front and "It's true, this isn't the last clean shirt I had left" on the back. 18 years and I've never really had a gf. It gets quite depressing seeing young couples. Maybe it's my low confidence, too afraid to ask someone out for fear that they're already taken and things would be awkward or something. I don't want to die alone... maybe something will happen one day? I'm cautiously hoping. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44327 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

I might be building the London Eye soon, it will be a lot harder than my last ferris wheel so I'm not looking forward to it lol. But it will be sick when it's finished so I have to at least try, and my brother is really set on doing this. I also want to make at least 1 roller coaster by the end of the year because its been a really long time.

#44328 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

18 years and I've never really had a gf.

21 and in the same boat.... :P I've gotten (I guess we'll call it) "offers"​ and ​"suggestions"​ of girlfriends, but never pursued any of them. I was oblivious to some girls' passes on me and others were a bit more upfront about it to me, but all ended the same. Even had one classmate go so far to post about us being a couple on Facebook after a few days of chatting through Facebook. It was a strange few days trying to clean that mess up with friends and family.

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 10 April 2017 - 09:33 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44329 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:43 AM

It will happen when it will happen. Try not to get discouraged. I happen chanced to meet my future wife as a sophomore in college at wedding. That was my first relationship too,

#44330 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

@LaMbChOpZ and BGTKing  - I see what you're saying, what you're both saying. It's good to know I'm not/wasn't the only one. Thanks, guys. Really. :) 

I'm hoping to get a good amount of Neutron Star edited today - first I have to film it, of course. I downloaded the free version of Davinci Resolve. You may be wondering, "SCM, why are you not using MovieMaker? You TRAITOR!" Well, it's because I hate using that to edit knex final videos. It always crashed for Krampus and Sakura. It was by some miracle that I even had the Krampus final video done. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44331 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

^Get Tinder, it does miracles 

#44332 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

Or Grindr, should you be that way inclined. ;)

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44333 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

I'll definitely be looking into it, thanks again, guys. :) I'm surprised how much help I have gotten with that... 

I just got through a nightmare: seeing a roach. A live one. It was huge and on the wall near the ceiling, right above the stove. We sprayed it and I squashed it. Luckily, it had the decency to come down to the floor. Now, I don't like killing. I always feel a bit bad when I have to kill spiders and I'll even try to capture and release insects outside, but roaches... to hell with them! I used to live in a roach infested house and there was a closet outdoor that was a NEST full of them. It was so crowded that they were overlapping each other. So unreal. So disgusting. If they all died, I wouldn't give a sh!t. God, why? You mean you couldn't have replaced them with butterflies? If they MUST exist - because you kept getting an error in your software - make them have a biological urge to stay the f*** away from me. 

Edited by SCM, 12 April 2017 - 08:52 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44334 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

^^^As a 17 year old (almost 18) I must say, I haven't really had the desire for a girlfriend. I'm just too busy, between work, studying, and playing video games I haven't had much time to mingle. I mean, seriously playing Final Fantasy 7 is more important than a significant other isn't it? Or is that just me? :P
All jokes aside I must say that I'm not even sure being in a relationship is for me, I prefer to be alone.

Speaking of studying, I am taking "pre college courses" which are basically practice tests for college. Trouble is, I have no funding whatsoever, and I don't even know what I want to take. I know I'm going for an engineering degree, but I am not quite sure what kind. I am thinking about something like mechanical engineering or robotic engineering. I know they are two quite different fields, but I like them both. So who knows?
But does anyone have any advice regarding how to go about getting college grants? And if you have any suggestions on what I should go for, feel free to respond. Any tips on college would be highly helpful. I think I heard someone talk about your GPA of high school has a lot to do with weather or not a college will except you. I think I'd have a decent chance because my GPA was 4.0 but I don't even know if it matters.

Edited by Connector1o1, 13 April 2017 - 03:50 AM.

Signature not available 

#44335 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

I'm saving my money so I can go to Cedar Point this summer. Frontier Airlines does $54 flights directly from PDX to CLE and back. Looking forward to it!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44336 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Plus all the fees they charge you unless you are only taking the clothes on your back.

At least you won't get beat up like on United ;)

#44337 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Your GPA was 4? Woah. Mine was 3.5 or 3.6... something like that. Now, I'm no expert on colleges or even GPA numbers in general, but I'd say that 4 is really good... but I'm sure colleges don't look at just the GPA score itself...  yeah. No idea what I'm talking about. :P

Edited by SCM, 13 April 2017 - 01:08 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44338 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

I don't even know what I want to take. I know I'm going for an engineering degree, but I am not quite sure what kind. I am thinking about something like mechanical engineering or robotic engineering. I know they are two quite different fields, but I like them both. So who knows?

Something I discovered recently is Purdue University (Indianapolis) has a Roller Coaster Dynamics class in their engineering branch. This is the exact quote from Purdue's website.

ME 297: Roller Coaster Dynamics – CRN 69906 - This course is one of the most popular and unique classes in Purdue's Engineering Curriculum. The course introduces the students to the fundamentals of modeling and dynamic analysis, through an application-first approach with sound technical footing. Students not only reinforce their understanding of basic kinematics and kinetics, but extend this understanding to the design of their own rides; starting with hand calculations and ending with visually-appealing 3D simulations.

I'm actually looking at that myself.

#44339 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

Happy Easter, Forum! Is it Easter? Google doesn't have a special logo. Were too many people complaining about holiday logos for religious reasons or something? Anyway, I'm curious to know what kind of candy you guys got. :) I'm especially looking for stranger candies. The weirdest candy I've ever gotten was sour spaghetti, and it's been years since I've seen it, but I actually saw it in the store the other day. Edit: I really should not be eating candy... I'm already fat as is. I almost miss being able to eat packages upon packages of sweets and somehow lose weight... actually true for my Christmas of 2014. Edit 2: Oh BTW, last night at work (I was greeting people at the door, about the most social I am), this old lady came in. She was probably in her 70s or 80s. She told me that her mom was coming in. I instantly thought of the SpongeBob clip (shown below). So her mom came in, and she was totally ancient. I wouldn't be surprised if she was over 100. So yeah, the video basically has my reaction. :P 

Edited by SCM, 16 April 2017 - 02:16 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44340 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Here's a quick update on the whole Cedar Point situation: I got the housing taken care of, as I have some friends in the Cleveland area who have happily invited my friend and I to stay for a few days. I sold some stuff on eBay and now I have $150. I need to raise more money, but I don't know how. Would anybody be interested in sharing how they can raise money? 

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok