Cedar Point's "Project 2007"

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#1 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

Well, I bring you SSC's first ever update for "Project 2007." As previously posted, this will be an intamin coaster. The footers are exactly like Millennium Force's. Also, the picture says it all that Gump posted. Right now, I will show you some construction photos of the area and how much the area has changed.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some things to notice:

In some of the pix, you can see that there are HUGE foundations half buried and may be for a tall lift hill. Also, in the pond, the footers make a 270* circle. This will be a tight helix that dives, rises, and then dives again. You can tell by looking at the footers. There are still footers from WWL by the old station. There aren't many new footers in this area because they may still be removing old WWL footers, pipes, etc. I was really looking at the footer patterns and it looks like there will be a twisting drop as well as a helix and there may be interlocking corks. If not the corks, possibly two turns that intertwine with one another. The station may be built on to WWL's old station and that will turn into a queue house. Thanks for reading and I can't wait to keep updating. The fun has just begun.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#2 Spinout

Spinout

800+ Posts

• 1085 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

Awesome pictures. I can't wait to know what the layout is like!

Posted Image

#3 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

I say it's an Aqua Trax. Maybe the first looping water coaster?

#4 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:51 PM

^from what everyone said, the track is red. If I were a dude designing a watercoaster, I would be very stupid if I were to paint it red. Im sticking to an Intamin megalooper.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#5 Top Thrill Dragster Freak

Top Thrill Dragster Freak

Lead Engineer

• 1093 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

Why is it that the year after I move half way across the country that Holiday World and CP decide to build the big one?! Well, I think, and hope, it will be awesome!

TTDfreak :D

#6 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

^Maybe we could have an SSC gathering and all spend a day at CP.

On another note, At www.pointbuzz.com, they have a huge 2007 watch page. I took one of the ariel photos and edited it in paint to show you what we may see soon. Here it is.

Posted Image

#7 Top Thrill Dragster Freak

Lead Engineer

• 1093 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:50 AM

Well, I don't think your dreaming big enough! I mean if they started earth movement last year, it has to be huge! I hope that this ride adds the life to that area of the park...

TTDfreak ;)

#8 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:26 PM

You are too far ahead of yourself already drawing diagrams from footers...

#9 Top Thrill Dragster Freak

Lead Engineer

• 1093 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

You are too far ahead of yourself already drawing diagrams from footers...

Hey, we can dream can't we?

TTDfreak :D

#10 vortexfreak

vortexfreak

McRae=Legend

• 699 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

This looks good, very good. Speaking of HolidayWorld we will be going there on the first week of June. I'll have a nice story about the new coaster. :D

Old member, new interests

SSC's biggest Celtic Football Club Fan

#11 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:53 AM

Well, I have some new pix. They were actually doing some work on the "lifthill"(not positive) area. At the north end, they were setting up walls to pour concrete for the huge foundations and at the south end, they were popping off casts and prepping footers for whatever happens next.

Posted Image

#12 Swimming24-7

Swimming24-7

Go Apaches!

• 952 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

Wow. Only about a little more than a year till I get to go to CP for my first time ever. Glad it is going to be with the opening of this thing.

--cpfan101

#13 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

Wait, your username is CPfan and you've never been to CP? ...
I'm excited for this, I might get to go to CP for my second time next year.
Do you think its safe to say this is "Maverick"?

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#14 Swimming24-7

Swimming24-7

Go Apaches!

• 952 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:29 PM

Yes I know, ironic. I don't know about Maverick just that it's trademarked. However, what has been spotted is 3 rail track. Possibly Intamin. However, I don't quite even speculate what the ride is except that it is huge with all that space.

--cpfan101

#15 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:53 AM

^I will guarentee you that it's Intamin. The footers are the exact same as Millennium Forces. I would say that this is Maverick. I think it would fit; Frontier town, over water and land, old WWL station is still standing, the construction signs. The list goes on and on.

Posted Image

#16 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

Is it me or does it seem like there are footers all over the place? I doubt this is an aquatrax with all these large footers.

The Coasters of Westside7th

2003 - Thunder Twist | Iron Falcon | Insanity | Voltage | Banshee

2004 - Centaur | Polar Plunge | Chaos | Nessie | Eclipse | Desert Eagle

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#17 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

What's the "old WWL station"?
-TD

#18 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

http://www.pointbuzz...news.htm?id=900

Saw a red piece of track being unloaded. Definitely intamin. Possibly 500+. No definitive word coming from the park

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#19 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

^I was going to post that too. I guess I'm too late. I think I found out another clue that may give fuel to the dueling coaster theory. Some signs say "Back up Bronco" and "Hold on to your spurs". That could mean that one side could be named Bull or Bronco. The other sign that I thought about said "The winds are a changin", and that could mean that the other side could be called Twister or Tornado. This has to do with the pix on the CP blog with the initials BT. I'm probably wrong though.

TD: The old WWL station is White Water Landing's old station it used to have. For some reason, they kept up. Now everybody is thinking that CP is using it to take up space until the season is over.

Posted Image

#20 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:55 AM

If this is going to be 500', would they really make it the same color as Dragster? Don't think so.