Cedar Point's "Project 2007"

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#41 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:51 PM

My bad, I was basing that off of a concept art of the ball coaster where the cars ran along the side of that track, instead of sticking out of the sides of a car that ran on the under/overside of the track. I'll try to find what I saw, but I can't guarantee anything.

It looks like a floorless for me though

Umm...This is Intamin. Only B&M makes floorlesses, although Maurer Sohne does have a concept for it. And the chances of intamin making a floorless would be slim, not to mention it would be a prototype, which CP is pretty much outlawing.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#42 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:42 PM

Oh, I didn't know for sure it was B&M, sorry. I doubt it would be a ball coaster. Does intamin make 4D's? I know it won't be a boring coaster like every other ride is like...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#43 Spinout

Spinout

800+ Posts

• 1085 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:12 AM

Intamin has plans for a 4D coaster, but has not actually made one. I can't wait to see what this turns out to be!

500th post, halfway to elite.

Posted Image

#44 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:38 PM

CP gave up on covering the tarps. There is a bunch of red track lying out in the field now(about 12 pieces). Also, I noticed these black and yellow stripes on the rails. I wonder if they were painted on or are just straps for cranes or something?

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#45 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:32 AM

They keep on coming!
Link to image

#46 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:04 AM

Right now, I'm pretty sure it's either one of those Intamin multi-looping coasters, an Aqua trax, or maybe even a combination of the two. The only reason I still believe there's a possibility of a water coaster is because they took out White Water Landing for it.

#47 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:37 AM

That's got nothing to do with it...Example-they took out the old log flume for Raptor.

Posted Image

#48 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:01 AM

Well, We know there's going to be a lot of Verticle G's. Almost every track curves up(ish).
-TD

#49 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

Woah, that section looks like it may be a big loop. We know it's not a 4D any more... This is insane I think. The track is huge, like MF's. Can't wait to see more of the track and supports.

EDIT- ^ Your right, like Expedition G force!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#50 Physix

Physix

The names six...Phy-six.

• 801 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:15 PM

Come on guys, it's obviously Intamins first looping kiddie coaster!

...anyway. I was wondering, does it seem a little early to be starting construction on this? I mean, Patriot's track didn't even start arriving until a week before WoF closed. It must be a pretty decent sized coaster, because at this rate, it will be done by August!(Probably not, just seems like it)

Posted Image

Check out Centrifuge - Coming soon to a gallery near you!

#51 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

Interesting that there are no box and only triangle pieces there now.

#52 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:05 PM

I saw some 4-rail track...
http://pointbuzz.com...ery.aspx?i=3731

*Insert signature here*

#53 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

^This makes me positive that it is a mega coaster (either looping or "hyper" type"). Here's a picture of goliath at walibi world. Notice that there is four rail track (maybe for the lift?), but also three rail track.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#54 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

The lift track is a special one though. It would have some specific design on it to allow the chain or cable to go through.

Posted Image

#55 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

Coastergeek, thats not four rail track. If you look in a different pic, it shows the pieces are really close together.

I saw in another pic from an earlier update that there was a piece of track that looks so tight, the only explanation is heartline roll.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#56 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:59 PM

I looked through all of the pics and that one piece looks like a four railer, but I could easily be wrong because of the angle

Posted Image

#57 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

www.pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?i=3828
look very carefully at that picture. Quads don't have those circles on the bottom of every end.

Posted Image

#58 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, its just an angle of two tri-rail pieces.

The most reasonable thing would definatly be a looper or an Aquatrax.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#59 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:35 AM

^Thats what it's narrowed down to. And the Aqua-Trax isn't looking to good anymore.

Posted Image

#60 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:18 AM

Still hard to tell. Still no flat track, which is used for barrel rolls and such for Intamin loopers. Colossus (http://rcdb.com/id1412.htm) uses all triangle and flat, and no box. We'll have to see what other pieces show up.