Cedar Point's "Project 2007"

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#61 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

Ok, I was watching a show called SuperCoasters... And it really showed how Cedar Point likes holding records. They keep trying and trying, but someone else keeps taking their ideas and making them bigger. And knowing intamin, they do the sdame thing. I mean serious look at their past few coasters...

Magnum XL 200- Took first in tallest and fastest, record broken by another coaster, so they built...

Millenium Force- First giga (300 ft) along with fastest coaster ever (93 MPH), got broke by Steel Dragon 2000 By 8 FT higher and 2 MPH more. So they finally built...

Top Thrill Dragster- First Strata Coaster (400 FT), along with fastest coaster (120 MPH), Got beat by Kingda Ka shortly after which is taller by 30 feet and 8 MPH more...

So... what do you think? Record or no?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#62 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:52 PM

LOL...I watched the exact same thing it was awesome especialy the part when they talked about a 5 mile coaster droping from 770 feet into a air hill causing 11 SECONDS!!! of air time....and then go 5 miles into a electro magnet launch up the golden gate bridge on one side of the cable....freakin awesome. Ok I agree with IMC for once Intamin keeps getting beat out by the slightest of margins....I doubt this will be a record breaker but I am sure it will be great....but come on how ugly can the Intamin flat track be?? I hate it can someone say why they even use it??

Posted Image

#63 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:59 PM

Please don't start a fight about types of track. I already read a page of it on Pointbuzz. And to proove anyone wrong in the future, Intamin does have coasters that use tri railed track for heartlines(Storm Runner, Volcano, some others).

^Intamin built KK and TTD so how did the company get beat out? Also, I liked how they talked about KK and said "Its tall, Its fast, and most of the time, it doesn't work!" I started laughing so hard.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#64 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:53 PM

Actually, that was TTD.

Either way, i just learned that in early august, my family and I are going to Holiday World, CP and SFGAmerica (formerly Geuga (hard to spell) Lake)! I'm really stoked to ride Voyage and i'll get to ride TTD for the first time, although it will be about the same as KK. And, if there is some construction happening, i can take some pictures for you guys! (that is if its not already up/not all there yet)

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#65 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:48 AM

Im sorry to shoot down your post but here it goes. I clearly remember the tarp over the KK train in the video. I am 100% Positive it was KK. Also, SFGAm(In Chicago) was never Geauga Lake(In Ohio). Thats awesome that you get to ride the Voyage.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#66 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

I do too. That was when the bolt came off the launch track, not when they were talking about TTD being unreliable.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#67 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

Yeah and its not in Chicago...its in Gurnee....also there are 2 SFGA's im pretty sure.....that part was hilarious in the video becuase it is true...could you imagine how much a 700ft would break down??...unless they use magnets instead of wheels makes sence eh?? like the Maglev no friction equals no replacing parts....Have fun at those parks CC10....I would recomend you go to SFGA in Gurnee it is a real cool park..lots of good rides!!

Posted Image

#68 cotton_eye_joe92

cotton_eye_joe92

Entry Engineer

• 979 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:52 AM

Back to Project 2007...

Another Intamin. Ugh. Let's hope it'll be reliable as I assume it will be (if it's not a launched coaster). I'm gonna guess that it'll be a looper. The park needs more loops if you ask me. Also, earlier in this thread, I read some post saying that Cedar Point probably won't have another record breaker. Now think about that. Every year they get a ride, the get a new record of some kind, so that shows you no sign of slowing down. Whatever it is, I can promise you that many will enjoy it and be suprised. Looks like a nice sized coaster. Can't wait for 2007!

I'm going to the park this Saturday, maybe I'll take pictures.

-Joe

Bulking to 200...fooooood

#69 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

Well, couldn't it be a record breaker being a looper? Most inversions... 10 is currently the record.

#70 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

^I doubt it. The way the footers are placed suggest lots of large turns.
But it could be... I hope its like collosus, that looks like fun. the airhill after the loop looks awsome.
-TD

#71 cotton_eye_joe92

cotton_eye_joe92

Entry Engineer

• 979 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:00 PM

Well, couldn't it be a record breaker being a looper? Most inversions... 10 is currently the record.

Maybe you didn't understsand what I meant. I was saying that this will be some sort of a record breaker to the guy who said that Cedar Point won't make another record breaker. Sorry If I didn't say it very well, but I do agree that this will be some kind of a record breaker. All their past rides have been record breakers.

I'm also hoping for a looper similar to Collosus. Tommorow night when I go I'll try to get to the track and check it out. I can see them craming loops in a lot to make the ride out of control and intense. You can never know what exactly Cedar Point is going to build unless they announce it :lol: .

I'm sure we'll be pleased. As long as it's reliable and fun which, cahnces are, it will be!

-Joe

Bulking to 200...fooooood

#72 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:26 PM

Exactly! I'm with you. When Top Thrill Dragster was built NO one would have guessed a 400 ft tall twisting coaster, we really need to think outside the box, and go big, not small. I doubt it will break hight records according to the footers, but knowing them they never go small.

Cedar point does need a looping coaster, but one with 11inversions would be insane. I still think the track looks like expedition G forces, the way it was bent and shaped. not just the triangular part of it.

My good guess is that this will be a high G force ride, does anyone else agree?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#73 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

Cedar Point is going to purchase 500 tons on sand and fill in part of Lake Erie to make room for their new 900-foot coaster. I will be called Renegade because it just shows off up there acting all cool and just like a renegade. It will use an elevator lift system like MF but it will cruise at a cool 30 mph up the lift hill. It will dive under the lake once AND feature twenty-eight inversions, all of which are heartline rolls. Some guys found this picture in a trash can next to the construction site.

SSCoasters Veteran

The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#74 ssfan313

ssfan313

Entry Engineer

• 953 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

Haha, nice! I heard it will go 353 mph!

#75 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

^^That is the dummest thing I've ever heard:p.
-TD

#76 sixflagsfreak56

sixflagsfreak56

GADV Park Serv Supervisor

• 2962 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

The things people will believe...

#77 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

^Notice the :P. Yes I was sarcastic.
-TD

#78 Physix

Physix

The names six...Phy-six.

• 801 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:11 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is a link to a clip about a coaster going into Port Aventura. This may also be what the Point is getting in '07.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OfPbmQ3J4FQ

Posted Image

Check out Centrifuge - Coming soon to a gallery near you!

#79 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:47 PM

Er... wow. I think you may be correct. It's like a 4D but dose't spin. The track is the same, the color,style, shape (Lots of turns). I think it's final, this is it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#80 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:24 PM

I thought Cedar Point had said that they weren't going to build any more prototypes. That's still a stong possiblity, though.