• 382 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

a loop would be nice btw the c roll looks great

#22 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

^^dude he has a 5-5 rubix cube thats insanie! the cobra roll looks perfict to me as for after it a vertical loop into an immlemann then turn around the cobra roll then do a corkscrew into some bunny hops then bring it around to the station. A nice cool compact layout.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#23 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

you have so much ROOM! :sdd

I say, do a zero g roll into a buckel or an inclined loop or something....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#24 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

Spaghetti bowl! Spaghetti bowl! Just start doing a bunch of helixes, turns, immelmanns, heartline rolls, and corkscrews all in one giant knot around the cobra roll.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#25 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

Yes! That'd be so amazing. Only CC10 has made one (Joker's Jinx) but nobody has made a custom one. It'd be great. Even if you give up half way through, at least you can say you attempted it.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#26 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

yeah what rollerdude said would be awesome and really unique and i think you could do it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper

#27 KCM32

KCM32

knexcoastermaker

• 351 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

Yes I can solve the cubes.
fastmanxc the only reason I dont have room right now is because my other coaster is still up.

I think I am going to go with rollerdudes idea and make it kind of like jokers jinx. I will try to make it as long as I can and have all kinds of turns and anything else I think of. Do you guys think I should use boosters instead of jespers launch. I will also be able to make the ride longer with boosters. Thanks for the comments keep them coming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Racing Woodie

(Under Construction)

My Videos

#28 rollercoasterfreak

rollercoasterfreak

SSC what?

• 966 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

If your doing a jokers jinx type coaster I would use boosters rather than the jeepers launch because it will give you more speed so you can make those quick turns and sudden drops. Looks really good so far and can't wait to see it when completed.

Posted Image

**^^ Jesperdude^^**

IM BACK BABY

SKULL

#29 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

No, stick with Jesper's launch. It's too much of a pain to get the boosters to work 100% on the SS trains. If you want more speed, add one or two more rubberbands so it'll stretch longer.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#30 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:48 PM

The Jesper's launch is much more realistic. Do you have a plan for the bowl yet?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#31 rollercoasterfreak

rollercoasterfreak

SSC what?

• 966 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

No, stick with Jesper's launch. It's too much of a pain to get the boosters to work 100% on the SS trains. If you want more speed, add one or two more rubber bands so it'll stretch longer.

But if you add the rubber bands wouldn't it put more pressure on the chain, causing a bigger percent chance of it exploding into a billion little pieces:)

Posted Image

**^^ Jesperdude^^**

IM BACK BABY

SKULL

#32 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

It shouldn't, the speed needed for this won't coaster wouldn't need an amount of pressure that would rip the chain. Plus if all the links are facing the right way, it shouldn't break.

SSCoasters Staff

#33 DJMK

DJMK

Lead Engineer

• 1604 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

Well, when I tried experimenting with it, and it exploded, the chain didn't brake, it just snapped off the pullies that were on the rubberband.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

Yeah in order to make it go through a lot the launch needs to be preaty fast and when i made me launch go fast for Pyro it snapped preaty often. So if you can use boosters and that way it will run on its own.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:

#35 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

What you have to do is add the amount of rubber bands you think you'll need. Stretch them out until it clears it or explodes. If it explodes, stretch the rubber band a gray rod less than before until it doesn't explode. If it doesn't clear, add another rubber band, but do some math. If you stretched it 5 gray rods max, then stretch it 5+5-1=9, so the tension is reduced. If it still doesn't work, than go 5+5+5-1=14, and so on and so forth until enough tension has been dispersed so it works.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#36 KCM32

KCM32

knexcoastermaker

• 351 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

I have decided I will use the jespers launch at the beggining and if I need any boosters farther in on the ride I will put them in. Thanks for the help on how to calculate the number of rubberbands and how far to strech them that helps me a lot. I will try to have a layout done within the next couple of days. Yhanks for the comments.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Racing Woodie

(Under Construction)

My Videos

#37 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

wow the coaster in the back ground looks great I hope this one turns out that good.

you should make the top of the half loop a little sharper just to make it look and maybe work better

I think you should make a cobra role then a hill... the rest I have no idea.

oh ok never mind (I love spaghettie bowls)

#38 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

^ He's making a spaghettie bowl. They are compact coasters; they dont' have a hill leading away from the knot except for at the beginnning and end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#39 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

Yes I can solve the cubes.
fastmanxc the only reason I dont have room right now is because my other coaster is still up.

I think I am going to go with rollerdudes idea and make it kind of like jokers jinx. I will try to make it as long as I can and have all kinds of turns and anything else I think of. Do you guys think I should use boosters instead of jespers launch. I will also be able to make the ride longer with boosters. Thanks for the comments keep them coming.

you should use the "jeepers launch" (I have no idea what that is. is it a chain launch or something) then also use boosters throughout the ride. this way you can make it as long as your pieces will take you.

I knew what I was talking about ,except the jeepers launch thing.

#40 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

It's called the jesper's launch (it is a chain launch), and he knows that. BTW, dont' suggest anythign unless you know what you are talking about ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: construction, roller coaster, southern cross