drill lift tutorial

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

How to make a lift hill using a drill instead of a motor. This could also be used on a drill launch.

1) What you need: 11 silver spacers, 3 blue spacers, 1 long grey rod, 2 snowflake connectors, 3 small connectors with the 'nose' on the end, and 2 red gears:
Posted Image

2) Put the 2 red gears on the grey rod and add the two clips with the noses on them. Make sure the red gears are facing the right way, and make sure the noses go into the holes of the red gears:
Posted Image

3) Add 3 grey spacers+1 blue spacer followed by a snowflake connector. Do this on BOTH sides:
Posted Image

4) On ONE side, add 4 grey spacers, followed by a nose connector on the end of the grey rod. Either side is fine:
Posted Image

5) On the OPPOSITE end, add 1 blue spacer and 1 grey spacer. Note that this will change depending on the deepness of the drill:
Posted Image

Overall of what you should have:
Posted Image

This side of the grey rod will be attached to the drill:
Posted Image

6) Twist the bit until the rod is tightly attached:
Posted Image

7) I used a tied sock with a safety pin to hold the sock in shape, but you can also use Duct tape. It will take a lot of adjusting to get the right speed, and the sock will loosen some, slowing the lift down a bit.
Posted Image

Finished product connected to the lift. Note that you want another connector before and after the motorized one. I mean don't put the drill at the beginning of the lift, where the cars attach to the chain. It must be pushed back a little, or it won't work:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope this helps. I just elevated the drill with a Harry Potter book :).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#2 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

Nice, but I would use a stiff black rod instead of the gray one, it's stronger.

#3 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

lol I just was thinkin' about making a tutorial on how to make a working chain launch. I think I still will since most people wont be able to build some thing low on friction.

I built a drill launch for fire dive the beginning part is the snow/ice part and now every thing from the launch to the station is going to be fire.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drill, lift, tutorial