• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#21 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

Aww, it shrunk! :(

But I'm okay with seeing a Redline Jr. going up! :P Easy contest winner right here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#22 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:31 AM

It's hard to critisize one of the most skilled members here but I have a few problems.

1. The turn should be bigger
2. The turs should be less banked
3. Tripple tubing.
4. Better turn supports.
5. Awsome cars!

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#23 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

1. The turn should be bigger
2. The turs should be less banked
3. Tripple tubing.
4. Better turn supports.

Here's how i'm addressing these "issues"
1) The car has hardly any speed in this turn, so why waste track and space?
2) I've already addressed this.
3) Of course
4) It doesn't shake, therefore it doesn't need any more supporting.

Sorry to be harsh, but guys, this is just a turn from the station to the lift. It's not going to make or break the ride.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#24 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

His turn is fine, it's a turn out of the station. In comparison to a B&M Hyper, this is how big that turn is.
Also, what's your problem with good looking cars? ;)

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

#25 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Damn Fine.

I like the nice mid-lift support.
And, those cars are, LUSH.

#26 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Why would he need to over support a near force-less turn?...

Silly silly...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#27 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

And that just proves that LdL has absolutely no idea what he is talking about...

You know what I think...

• Jplaz likes this

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#28 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

I happy now that I can finally see a rollercoaster built by one of the greatest builders here. Everything looks fine and I hope you don't lose interest in it this time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Loop De Loop

Loop De Loop

Entry Engineer

• 849 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Well I have looked over your payout plan and I may spot one problem After the drop and the immelman are finished You will still have decent speed; but that's not the point. I personaly enjoy compact layouts, And you also seem to build compact layouts. So with all that distance between the imalman and the station. I hope you have a good layout in mind. Im not saying you don't have enough spped to get back to the lift, what im saying is that i hope you have enough speed for a long compact rest of the layout.

I really enjoy the lift. The coler is nice. I love the orange rods. ( I have only like 50 of them) But on the contrary I have many gray rods. Also the trains are very creative.

A few questions...

1. How long did it take you to build what you made in the first picture?
2. WTF is up with those trains. How long did thay take to make? Those trains are beast!

Posted Image

^^^^Thanks Airdog^^^^

TOP TEN
Top Thrill Dragster
Incredibul Hulk
Mellenium force
Maverick
Mantis
Maginum XL200
Flight Deck
Wicked Twister
Raptor
Beast

#30 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Well I have looked over your payout plan and I may spot one problem After the drop and the immelmann are finished You will still have decent speed; but that's not the point. I personally enjoy compact layouts, And you also seem to build compact layouts. So with all that distance between the immlemann and the station. I hope you have a good layout in mind. I'm not saying you don't have enough speed to get back to the lift, what I'm saying is that i hope you have enough speed for a long compact rest of the layout.

I really enjoy the lift. The color is nice. I love the orange rods. ( I have only like 50 of them) But on the contrary I have many gray rods. Also the trains are very creative.

A few questions...

1. How long did it take you to build what you made in the first picture?
2. WTF is up with those trains. How long did they take to make? Those trains are beast!

This is CC10, he's a legend. I think he knows what he's doing. You're in no position to criticize him, especially on something like the layout.

#31 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

^Don't forget payout!

^^And that's quite unnecessary...

And thanks to everybody else who commented. I'm going to keep the layout (minus what i had previously built) somewhat of a secret. The layout that i HAD build is: lift, 135* turn, loop, immelmann. the rest, well, you'll just have to see.

First of all, there was a sexy loop between the drop and the immelmann. *secretly hugs loop*

Second of all, he knows what he's doing a lot better than most of us. Look at Nitro. And that was even a few years ago, and he still conserved speed nicely (especially for the time).

But you will make the loop almost the same...right? And will it be next to Honest Abe again?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#32 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

And will it be next to Honest Abe again?

I'm one of those that, got that. He, he.

Undeniably looking forward to this one CC10. Good luck! But, you probably don't need it.

Posted Image
I play too many MMO's and MOBA's

#33 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

Love it! That turn is beautiful. I don't know why, it just looks awesome. ^^I got it too. ;)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#34 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

To everyone divided on the turn: I'm working on making it more like nitros...idea is to have it drop a bit, but there's not very much room to drop so it's not looking so great right now. Also, i finished the crest and put on the chain, and i'm about to go back down and try and fix the turn as well as put the motor on the lift.

And just a general comment: I appreciate some of the members trying to defend me by saying things like "He's a legend" or "he knows what he's doing". Well honestly, it's been forever since i've built and things aren't coming as easy, so any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is encouraged. However, when the criticism picks apart a simple element like a turn to no end when it's really not necessary, i find that to be less constructive than annoying.

As for abe: the loop won't be as big as the old one obviously due to size issues, but i will make it as large as possible. I'm not planning on building the loop separately this time, but maybe i'll just throw in a picture in an update for the lulz. Thanks everybody for the continued compliments.

-CC10

Posted Image

#35 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

i cant wait to see this, redline was awesome.(well what was there)

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#36 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

I really hope you finish this, I was so mad when you cancelled the first RedLine. The trains look great too.

#37 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

What's up with abe...he's been dead for around 200 years...

• fastman xc likes this

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#38 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

^There's a water-stained chunk of cement in my basement that looks like a profile of Abraham Lincoln. Check my old redline thread...should be near the beginning.

Anyway, small update. I did some work on the turn although i'm not totally happy with it. The station side is giving me fits. Maybe you guys will be able to suggest something that'll work. Also, added the motor and chain, made the crest and started the pre-drop. Yes, it's abrupt, but as per beemers like apollo's chariot and dominator, i'd say it's consistent. Pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Again, i'm not totally happy with the turn, so any ideas are welcome. Comment and enjoy.

-CC10

EDIT: and as for time into this so far, i'd say around 8-10 hours. Trains took probably 5-6 hours with taping off and painting, then re-assembling everything. It was a pain, but the overall result's pretty good. Some of the lines are a bit frosty and some paint has chipped, but from far away and moving the trains look good.

Posted Image

#39 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

Look great, even though I thought it looked fine the way it was before, but this looks cool!

http://www.youtube.com/metallicais1337
^My YouTube Channel (FL Studio songs, Custom Guitar Hero charts)^

#40 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

The pre drop is dropping a little too much, maybe raise it up a small gray rod. This is the only picture I could find showing a predrop,

Posted Image

The turn into the lift looks good, maybe a little too drawn out right before hitting the straight spot, but I can't find any pictures other than these two, and they don't show enough of it to tell, http://rcdb.com/ig720.htm?picture=1 http://z.about.com/d.../a/SFGAdv37.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image