b&m eagle invert

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Well construction has started on my newest coaster. It will be a B&M Invert similar to Raptor but it will also have a never before seen element, secret to everyone but me! Yes it will be called Eagle but if someone has something better please post it. The coaster will also be built in a diffrent area because it is has gotten very cold in my basement and Im sick of people wrecking my stuff. Anyways Pictures!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Heres the room I have.
Posted Image
Comments! Gosh we have a lot of family pictures around our house.

#2 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Looks good so far, all I can say is that you won't be getting very many elements out of a drop that small. Let me guess...an inverted sea serpent?

#3 PlanetSaturn56

PlanetSaturn56

Rockin' your world.

• 2391 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

That crest is way too small.

Having fun at other people's expense

#4 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

^^Well I'll try to get as many as possible.
^I think I fixed it.

I started the drop, but I dont think its shaped right, what do you think. I also added the custom cars.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Fixed crest
Posted Image
Comments

#5 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Could you maybe get some pictures from further away? It's kinda hard to tell from that close.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#6 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

Are these pictures better?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comments

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

It's probably needs more banking and less dropping at the very beginning of the drop. Maybe a bit steep too.
Posted Image

But still, very good job with the drop. I love it.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#8 christian

christian

Lead Engineer

• 1662 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

It looks great to me. And yah, just do what ^ said.

-MIBB)

#9 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

Name has been taken, it was a CD coaster built by NitroRyder33, IIRC.

[/CC10]

Posted Image

#10 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

I think I fixed the drop, but I dont have time for pictures. Im about to leave for a late breakfast. I might have time latter today or tomarrow.

I checked the trademarking threads and I didnt see Eagle trademarked by anyone. But isnt CD trademarking seprate from Knex trademarking. Sorry if Im wrong.

#11 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Sorry for the double post but I finished the drop! I still think something is wrong with the shape in the last picture, but It could just be the angle. The pullout is also small but it the cars get very close to the floor so I cant really make it bigger without making lots of changes with the supports. B&M Invets usually have small pullouts. But what do you guys think, keep it, or change it?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comments

#12 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

Yes, last picture is not good. If you were trying to heartline it, you did it the opposite way than supposed to. The track is heartlined to a sit down instead of an invert. It should be fine if the pull out is moved to the right (picture perspective) a granite rod.
The rest of the drop is perfect though.

SSCoasters Staff

#13 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

I think I would change it....pullout is way too small, and the drop's too steep. Make it more like this....
Posted Image
Posted Image

You can see, it should be more gentle sloped. I think your banking's pretty good just change the angle and enlarge the pullout.

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#14 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

I actually tried to make the drop more like Katun at Mirabilandia.
http://rcdb.com/ig764.htm?picture=25
http://rcdb.com/ig764.htm?picture=24
As you can see the drop is much steeper and the pullout is small. But I see what ^ was tring to say sense the coaster is based off of Raptor. But I probably will fix the pullout because the trains get to close to the ground.

I did fix the heartlining problem. I just moved the pullout a small white rod, it isnt heartlined but Raptor and Katun arnt either. Ill try to get pictures tomarrow. Next is a loop, it will hopefuly be around 3 gray rods tall. The drop supports are 5 gray rods tall. Comments

#15 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:00 AM

You're just looking at it from an angle that makes it appear steeper, when in reality it's not.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

Well I fixed the heartlining problem and made the pullout bigger. But I didnt fix the steepness. I think it would give more of an adrenaline rush if the drop was steper. I also have a space limmitation so I want to get loop and a turnaround in and I dont want the loop to be super small.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comments

#17 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

OH i diddnt even see this.It looks a little to steep to me but other then that it looks good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

I like steep...

Nice cars.

#19 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

I have to agree with MP thrill with this one, but i think the banking is good.

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#20 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

What is wrong with freaking steep drops on inverts? I think it would be thrilling as hell...

I like it, move on...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m, eagle, invert