b&m eagle invert

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Sorry for bumping this but I added a rubberband to the chain catcher thing to help it connect the the chain. I tested it and it stoped on the top of the loop. :( I could try re-lubing the trains, (I havent lubed them in over a month) but that usually dosent work. Or I could just cancel and build a hyper, or looper, or something else. But if I keep building I'm thinking about doing another cork around the the first drops pullout.

Sorry for not building alot lately, but I have track every day during the week and after I'm to tired/busy to build. I really could use your guys opinion, so please comment.

#102 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

I would keep building, you're almost done! Seriously, you could probably finish building this coaster in a week if you really wanted. Also, sometimes just dipping my trains' wheels in water for a couple seconds works better than lubricants. I would suggest trying it.

#103 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Have you weighted your trains? Weighting the trains makes a huge difference, especially with how much you support the track.

I have to disagree about lube not helping. Every time I lube my trains I am very surpised at the increase in speed. Not once have I not seen an increase in speed after a good lubing. You should definately lube your trains again.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#104 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

when you put the rubber band on the chain dog it make's it rub on the mid tubing on sharp crests. that's why it stops on the loop. try using a softer rubber band.

#105 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Well I moved the coaster down stairs to where I usually build because my parent didnt want the coaster upstairs any more. Its making the loop again and I actually made some progress. I'm making a turing drop under the first drop into a cork/barrel roll insted of the cork over the pullout of the first drop. I still havent lubed the cars but I'm not going to now sense in makes it now. Pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I havent re-built all the drops supports yet, but I will after I finnish the turning drop.
Posted Image

Dont expect any updates for a while. My cousins are comming over the weekend and after that I'm going to Florda for Spring Break. Comments!

#106 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

I think that turn needs more banking.

Looks nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#107 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

If it doesn't go fast over it, it doesn't need any more banking.

I like where this is going, it looks really nice. It is very smooth, but with a ton of strong supports. Great, I can't wait to see how the corkscrew/barrel roll turns out!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#108 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

Wow this thing is smooth. I think the turn needs a little more banking and it should be good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#109 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

It looks really smooth. You might need more banking, but maybe not if it's going slow (like RCF919 said). The supports are also superb, nice job.

BTW, this coaster kind of inspired me to build Falcon (whoa! they're both birds of prey too).

#110 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

I would say barrel roll, since you just did a corkscrew. Just my 2 cents. (Where the hell is the cents symbol on a keyboard?) But I like where this is going.

#111 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

lol. if you have enough speed, i'd like to see interlocking corks ;)

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#112 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

DDRman: that's just one of life's mysteries, I guess ;)
G Force: I wish I had as much patience as you when I build. You have SO many connections that I don't know how I can look at my coasters as "well supported" The coaster looks great though.

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#113 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the comments!

Well Eagle is almost complete! I still have to add stairs and a entrance sign, but I have finnished the hard parts.

I had to use a sidways wind mill thing, like on Nitrocarbon on the final turn to give the train the extra push to the lift. But I'm very happy on how this coaster turned out, it much diffrent that I expected at first, but its my best coaster so far. Pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The final video should be finnished over the weekend. Comments!

#114 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

This looks great. I love the way you support your coasters. Looking forward to the final video.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#115 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

This turned out really good! The station area looks a little tight, but that's no biggie. How fast the the train go through the station?
Can't wait for the final vid!

#116 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

Wow 2 months, and the 5th page of the construction forms. Well Its not really a final video, but I just want this coaster finished. It doesnt make the loop any more and if it gets past that it doesnt even make the final turn to the lift.

Sorry for the bad quality but I took the video with my little picture camera. Look for my next coasters thread tomorrow or sometime in July. Comments!

#117 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

That is one sweet coaster, I wonder why I didn't see this one before...

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#118 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

^Thanks.

I took some pictures of the finnished coaster, but Im having trouble uploading the pictures to my computer. I'll try to get a gallery going sometime in the future. Please Comment

Edit:Nevermind I got it to work! Here are some of the pictures.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m, eagle, invert