magic mountain six flags

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

Yesterday was the best day I have ever gone to Magic Mountain. I went with a friend, and we got there around 10:20, about 10 minutes before it opened. We had enough time to get our season passes registered, and we got into the park at around 10:40.

First, we headed over to X2 to see if we could get on. And the line was all the way down to the lockers. Since we didn't want to wait for 3 hours, we checked Viper's line (which was also way too long).
So we decided to head over to Revolution. The line was longer than usual--about 5 minutes. We got some middle seats, and it was a great ride. The newer trains are much nicer than the old, beat-up ones.
Next, we hiked up to Tatsu, one of my favorite rides there. The line was about an hour long, but it was completely worth it.
After that, we ran for Riddler's Revenge. There were about 6 people in front of us, and we got in the third row within a minute or two. My friend jumped right as the seats locked, and he was stuck off the ground for the whole ride. He said it hurt.
Next, we went on Jetstream, a water flume. It has a nice drop at the end which got me somewhat wet.
Next, we walked over to Scream! Since the line isn't very long on a crowded day, we weren't surprised to find that only four people were in the station. We rode once in the front seat, and then again in the third row without waiting in line.

After that, we ate lunch at Johnny Rocket's. I had a double cheeseburger and a chocolate shake (which together cost about $18). By then, it was about 1 PM.

We decided to go on some smaller rides so our food could digest. Since we were already near the Gotham City backlot, we rode Atom Smasher and Grinder's Gearworks, two flat rides, several times each.
We headed over to Viper, and on the way, we went on a water ride called Yosemite Sam's water flume (or something like that). I got thoroughly soaked.
Next, we ran over to Viper and got on twice in a row without getting off. It was fun, and I really enjoyed its 'classicness' with its incorrectly-banked turns and sudden bumps. It also seemed to go faster since they repainted it.
After that, we rode Revolution 3 times in the front row. We also tried out the middle, and the very back just for fun.
We went on Superman after we got bored of Revolution. It was really fun.
Next, we walked up to Tatsu again. We waited for about 30 minutes, and got in the front car. A few minutes before we got on, it started to rain, along with getting colder. I also realized that I was left in shorts and a T-shirt since I left my jacket in Gotham City. It was really fun riding Tatsu in the rain, but I got really cold.
Next, we went on Jetstream again. I had an Icee with me, and thankfully, none of it got on me.
We were also walking past Goldrusher, and my friend and I decided to go on it just for fun.
We went on Tidal Wave, a big water ride that makes a huge wave. This also got me kinda wet.

It started to drizzle at about 5 PM. Some people left, but most people didn't mind.

Next, we met my mom over by Scream! She wanted to go on some flat ride, but then we saw Riddler's line. It wasn't too long--about 10 minutes. By the time we got to the front of the line, it was pouring outside. The cars were coming into the station soaking wet. Finally, we got on. The rain was plting us in the face the whole ride. It hurt to even open our eyes, so I ended up squinting the whole way. We pulled into the station laughing.
After that, we went up to ride Superman again just because it was raining. Unfortunately, it was closed due to the rain. So instead, we rode Ninja twice. It also seemed to go faster since being repainted. Also, there are huge black flaps above each car. When we went down the first drop, a ton of water spilled out of it, just missing me.
We then decided to ride Goliath. By now, the sun had gone down, and peple were beginning to leave. There was no line when we got on, but there were some people waiting in line when we got back.
So we decided to go on Colossus next. We got to ride it twice.
Next, we went on Scream! We went on it 4 times in a row, two of those rides being in the front seat.
Next, we went back over to Viper with my mom and rode it twice more. Then my friend and I went back to Goliath. There was no line once again, and I texted my mom to come too. We rode it two more times.
After Goliath, we rode Colossus again. It was about 8 PM now, and the park closed in an hour. So we rode Colossus two more times, and then went on Scream! once more. We only had a little time left, so we rode Colossus either 3 or 4 more times--I can't remember.

We never rode X2, Deja Vu, and Batman because the lines were long (over an hour), and because we didn't really want to.

It was really fun, and the park looked beautiful at night. I was amazed that we got on so many rides, and was sad when they made us get off Colossus and go home.
It was the best time I have ever been to Magic Mountain.

#2 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

Nice TR!! I envy the fact that you guys are having log flume weather over there. It's still in the 40's where I'm at. -_- That rainy ride on Riddler sounds fun too.

BTW, I've been wondering something about Goliath....are the forces during the helix really that 'extreme' compared to other hypers around that size?? I've just heard some reviews that sound slightly exaggerated...

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#3 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

You could have just done what I do to get on X2 without having to worry about a wait. Just get in the line right before the park closes and if they filter out the lines like they do at Cedar Point, you could ride it and it doesn't matter how long you wait.(I do that almost every time I go)

It seems like you got on a lot of rides, which is always good though. Did you take any pics?

EDIT^ The forces on Goliath's helix aren't super forceful, but they're still enough to offer a good helix.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#4 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

i also noticed that the rides seemed faster did you notice that ninjas turns were even more swingy(for lack of a better word)?

Posted Image

#5 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

BTW, I've been wondering something about Goliath....are the forces during the helix really that 'extreme' compared to other hypers around that size?? I've just heard some reviews that sound slightly exaggerated...

On Titan at SFoT, almost a clone of Goliath, you can sometimes black out in the helices.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

i'd say the helix on Goliath is pretty intense, both times i rode it, i lost vision for about 4-5 seconds, never really been on any other hypers,but i'd say they're pretty intense...

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#7 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

^^Speaking of blacking out, my mom saw something on Dr. Phil...

NEVER HOLD YOUR BREATH ON A ROLLER COASTER!!!

(Sorry for breaking the CaPs rule, but my point needs to get across)
You'll most likely black out, and get neck and spine injuries from your head bobbing around.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#8 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

i also noticed that the rides seemed faster did you notice that ninjas turns were even more swingy(for lack of a better word)?

Yeah! Both Ninja and Viper seemed faster/more intense.

Maverix: I took some pictures of Terminator with my phone, but all I could get was the overbank. And those pictures are already on RCDB.

Goliath's helix is pretty intense IMO. I have lost my vision several times...and it doesn't come back until we're halfway through the next turn. The same happened on Batman near the end :/ Goliath is known for people blacking out on the helix.

#9 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

I believe you are graying out, not blacking out. Blacking out is much more dangerous.

#10 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

Those Giovanola hypers pull about 4.5 gs in the helixes, and they are sustained. Holding your breath making things worse seems like a myth, but it does prevent oxygen from getting to your brain so there might be some validity to that.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#11 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

Graying out is awesome. It used to happen to me all the time on Shockwave. Suddenly all color would disappear...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#12 LCAL

LCAL

Only I Can Live Forever

• 1823 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

Wow, graying out would scare the living shit out of me. Well, then again I cant say because i've never experienced it.

http://www.youtube.com/knexer13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSC Member June 11th 2007 - January 1st 2011

Posted Image

#13 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

Graying out is actually fun. It's not like closing your eyes, because it's not black...it's nothing. It's really fun.

I never noticed how bad Viper was...the drop is banked wrong, and it's really jerky, and the pullins to the twisty elements are sideways. On the corkscrews, I was sliding back-and-forth in my seat because the pullins/outs were banked wrong. I guess that's what happens when you don't have modern computer programs...

#14 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

Sometimes I gray out on SooperDooperLooper's loop. The first time I rode it, I lost vision as we came into the pull in, and regained it when the loop was over. I have to say, it was cool.

You are lucky that it is warm enough to have rides open. I think Hershey Park will have rides open when it's 50 degrees, but I don't know.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#15 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

My mom and I also grayed-out on goliath's helix.

''Mom WTH I can't see''

''Me too''

Lol, it's weird at first but it's not that bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#16 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Blacking out is horrible. You don't know what the hell is going on, and you feel like you're going to puke your organs out.

Graying out is tingly, like when you're laying down and you get up and you gray out. Feels nice.

#17 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

I gray'd out right before Laser's loop at Dorney Park. Also, it was the first ride I rode that day...

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magic, mountain, six flags