• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hi everyone!

This is my first custom coaster, Legion of the Serpent, Currently it has a lift hill and into a raised turn and then a drop into a corkscrew, but I need hlp on any pointers or if theres anything I need to fix/ re-shape, and most importantly what element should I do next and which direction? Left or have it crss over the existing/ go under the esisting track? I was thinking maybe a over banked turn with a zero-g or heartline roll at the top or maybe an immelman or a helix, thanks guys and please feel welcome to be as harsh as possible, take it out on the noob haha I have to learn sometime right? Here are the pictures

http://www.sscoaster...9&pictureid=612

http://www.sscoaster...9&pictureid=611

http://www.sscoaster...9&pictureid=609

http://www.sscoaster...9&pictureid=610

http://www.sscoaster...9&pictureid=608

http://www.sscoaster...9&pictureid=607

#2 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

Well basically, you need to make the corkscrew about 4 feet taller.
Seriously, each element should be almost as tall as the one before it...as high as you can make it go so that it works.

For your first custom coaster, you should really start off with maybe 2.5 feet MAX height...smaller coasters always turn out much better. Also, you will improve much faster if you make really small coasters and shape/support them well.

#3 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Yeah what he ^ said.

I mean the lift and hill are actually pretty good for your first custum. Just listen to peoples advice and you should have a nice coaster here. Good Luck!

P.s. Nice station

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#4 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

Also your drop needs to be curved. Your pull-out needs to be bigger. Your shaping on the corkscrew needs to be smoother.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#5 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Also your drop needs to be curved. Your pull-out needs to be bigger. Your shaping on the corkscrew needs to be smoother.

What do you mean my drop needs to be curved? And yes I knew some one would tell me bigger pull out, I am working on it right now actually, and I took out the corkscrew

Smaller coasters I have made them before. and Im sure they havent had the greatest support or shaping possible but they wernt too bad, I just had not been a member of this forum at that point, so now should I make it a larger corkscrew, immelman, hammerhead, etc, basically what element and how big should come next?

#6 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

Instead of a strait drop do something more like this:
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#7 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

are you talking about curving the crest or the pull out? because I Just fixed the pull out, if you want I can put a quick picture up

#8 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

Basically, your drop is straight, a real drop has no straight spots and is curved from top to bottom.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

Thanks, I have worked on fixing that, so guys what should my next element be, I am thinking either an immelman or loop, but if anyone has anything better? Lets hear your opinion :) Thanks

#10 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Before you move on, you HAVE to make the corkscrew taller/wider. A LOT taller, otherwise the speed you gained from the tall height of the lift will be gone way to quickly.

#11 knexems

knexems

Aminspec Employee

• 887 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Well, considering this is a hyper, I would just do a plain, simple hill and take out the corkscrew.

In case you didn't know, hypers don't have inversions.

Posted Image]

Posted Image

Posted Image <---If only...

#12 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

In case you didn't know, hypers don't have inversions.

Sadly I didnt know that? What pre fix is for a coaster with inversions?

And ^^ as posted earlier I already removed the corkscrew..... so i need to know what to put at the bottom of the hill

#13 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

^ [SS Looper], and put a simple loop I guess. A hyper would be easier for your first though.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#14 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

^ [SS Looper], and put a simple loop I guess. A hyper would be easier for your first though.

Ok thanks, and as for a hyper, I've built coasters like that, just before I had joined the site, I dont want to waste time building one to prove I can build when I can prove that plus more by building inversions

Also I think I am putting a switch track in here

#15 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

I thought this was your first custom, or did you mean on this site?

and I would not suggest putting in a switch track, it does really go well with loopers.

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#16 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

Yeah its my first custom on the site, and as for switch idk it just seemed like a cool extra element lol, it looked like itd be fun to mess with, but anyways anyone on what next element? I heard someone say loop, but any other suggestions?

#17 spooffa

spooffa

Seagulls like grapefruit

• 447 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

yeah loop

you can probably put a switch track in at the end if you really wanted to.

SCREW THE WORLD!!!

#18 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

Should it be a loop or immelman? I was thinking ifit was immelman it could drop out and connect to the supports of lift but if loop make overbank over station and make a zero-g or barrel roll under the lift and through the loop

And as for switch yeah it would be at end in the station, where else would it be? lol

#19 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

Can a mod please change the prefix from [SS Hyper] to [SS Looper]?

Sorry for the double post guys

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks ~stεεlspectrum~
Posted Image
Believe in the Impossible

#20 BuilderBoy

BuilderBoy

Boy that builds

• 336 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

i think you should post some pics of the improved drop before you think about elements...

Posted Image
^You Rock Immelmann!^

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

My Coasters:
10-G's Icicle Sidewinder

Built By Me:
Rodney the Rocker

Under Construction:
Freefall Tower

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hyper, legion of the serpent, serpent