launched ol659 the illusionist

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rexdino5

rexdino5

Construction Foreman

• 150 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

If I have 1 Rippin' Rocket set, and am getting 2 serpent roller coasters could i make one big drop and a few twistes turns and loops like a figure 8 coaster or could i build it longer with loops and everything?

#2 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

Yes, very intersting....

What ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#3 purepout

purepout

Construction Worker

• 40 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:56 AM

If I have 1 Rippin' Rocket set, and am getting 2 serpent roller coasters could i make one big drop and a few twistes turns and loops like a figure 8 coaster or could i build it longer with loops and everything?

Your grammar and spelling is absolutely incorrect, so I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. If you mean, how long can my coaster be with 1 RR and 2 SS then it depends on how much non-coaster k'nex you have, to build supports etc. If this is the only k'nex you have, the longest you can get is probably a hill, drop, looping, and some twists and turns. A station will be hard because you need alot of small pieces for that, and those do not come with RR/SS.

#4 rexdino5

rexdino5

Construction Foreman

• 150 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

Well the pictures should speak for themself:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh ya and i was to lazy to take a picture of my rippin rocket set. I got a few strips of orange tubing 2 from my cousins. They could only send half of there knex becuase they had so much knex. Oh ya and i bought a few other sets like the sepeant tower roller coaster and the ferris wheel.

#5 purepout

purepout

Construction Worker

• 40 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

Okay, I don't know if I was clear enough in my previous post, so I'll say it again, uppercase this time so you might understand it better: WATCH YOUR GRAMMAR + SPELLING

Oh ya and i was to lazy to take a picture of my rippin rocket set. I got a few strips of orange tubing 2 from my cousins. They could only send half of there knex becuase they had so much knex. Oh ya and i bought a few other sets like the sepeant tower roller coaster and the ferris wheel.

Now in normal english, with in bold the changes:

Oh ya and I was too lazy to take a picture of my Rippin' Rocket set. I've got a few strips of orange tubing from my cousins, too. They could only send half of their k'nex because they had so much k'nex. Oh ya, and I bought a few other sets, like the seapent (?, so misspelled that I don't know what set you mean) tower roller coaster and the ferris wheel.

Anyway, with this amount of k'nex you can probably build a coaster with a hill, drop, looping, c-roll, crockscrew, heartline roll/0-g roll and some twists/turns.

My coasters:
Maelstrom

Currently working on:
Thundershell

#6 decaxxeca

decaxxeca

just call me Ten

• 974 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

^dude stfu all your doing is backseat modding it aint cool.

Posted Image

#7 iam2fast4u

iam2fast4u

No Brakes = Louder Horn

• 205 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

^^ why couldnt you have just answered his question to begin with? his spelling doesnt really matter as long as we can still understand it and know what he means. I could understand it just fine.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks ~stεεlspectrum~
Posted Image
Believe in the Impossible

#8 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:03 AM

It makes it harder for me to read though...

Anyway, with that amount of knex you can do a small box supported coaster. Don't start too big by making a 5ft lift though, keep it to 3ft or something along those lines.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 rexdino5

rexdino5

Construction Foreman

• 150 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

I don't know an Idea on how many feet 3 feet is. i can't find my yard stick so can someone give me an idea on how big 3 feet is. It seems small.

#10 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

3 feet is enough for a good layout. if i were you i would start at 2.5 feet. the smaller the coaster is the better it will be. i would start with a hyper it wont be to hard to mess it up unless you make a huge one.

Posted Image
^^^Thanks Spitfire!^^^
[SS Inverted Launched] Triton:http://www.sscoaster...d-launch-10703/

#11 Dirtcrusher

Dirtcrusher

Dirt(y)crusher rules!!

• 259 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

3 feet=0.9144 meters
2.5 feet= 0.762 meters

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:o Oh no... I cant talk Englich verie wel! :o

Knex is not a toy. Its a way of life.

(DO IT! quote me on that!!)

#12 rexdino5

rexdino5

Construction Foreman

• 150 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

I know what feet are i live in the us i don't know what a meter is.

#13 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

You dont know what meters are???

#14 Dirtcrusher

Dirtcrusher

Dirt(y)crusher rules!!

• 259 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

Wait, if you don't know feet and meters, what do you use then?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:o Oh no... I cant talk Englich verie wel! :o

Knex is not a toy. Its a way of life.

(DO IT! quote me on that!!)

#15 MFFreak

MFFreak

President Of Sentamin

• 275 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

Right Now, I am VERY Confused about what is going on..... lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: launched, ol659, the illusionist