woodie winter coaster

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#41 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

I've seen Gump build so many times before. All those tubings and colors are temporary.

No idea what's happening at the bottom. I'm guessing a slight turn down there?

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#42 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

That's truly awesome I like the ovalness of the drop how it curves into itself. I like it!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#43 LukeIsLuke

LukeIsLuke

Entry Engineer

• 637 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

Great Job. The bottom is really confusing me. This is looking good.

At first I didn't read through and thought that those box supports were final :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

#44 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

I actually like the different pieces of tubing for some reason. Everthing looks nice and smooth. I also like your tubes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

nice, nice.
whats up next? how tall do you think you can make the loop?

#46 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

Haha, at first I thought that there was going to be a loop around the lift. I like what you've got, except the pullout. It just looks kinda... weird.

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#47 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

I like it, but if you were going after a B&M style drop it needs a bit of work:
Posted Image

'course, if you weren't going for that, don't worry about it. It looks cool as it is, just not beemerish, which i can't help but sense that was the look you were going for.

It also seems like the heartlining is a bit excessive in the pullout. Not sure if you were planning on changing it but at this scale it seems a bit much where it is at the moment.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#48 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

"The Gumpinator"
A loop emerges

Kaatsheuvel, The Netherlands - August 16th, 2009 - Dutch Details has begun construction on the loop that follows the first drop. With temporary supports, the workers have tried to create the shape of the track. However, CEO Jogumpie has his doubts.

Jogumpie: 'The pull-in into the loop is not shaped perfectly and although we know that the train will make it through the loop, we are wondering if we should go back to the track and redo that part.'

Many people criticized the unfinalized pull-out of the drop. With extra footage, Dutch Details hopes to show that the banking is sufficient enough and lateral g-forces won't be as high as feared.

Jogumpie: 'Following are pictures of what has been built so far. Please give us your opinion on the loop's pull-out.'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jogumpie, 14 March 2013 - 03:33 PM.
Updating all my construction threads.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#49 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

Beautiful. just straight up sexy. there is a small straight spoot though in the last pic. in the pullin to the loop between the last tube support and the box sopports.

other than that its amazing.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#50 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:38 AM

I don't think that loop is shaped right at all. It's too wide, i think.

Also the pullout is better but it seems like there's a lot of lateral motion without any banking at the very bottom (first picture). Currently i see it being "Unbank-straight-bank-unbank" where it should just be "unbank-bank-unbank" then into the loop.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#51 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

yeah as you stated the pullout and pullin to the loop are kinda weird. the pull out of the drop is small and the pullin to the loop has a large strait spot in it.

#52 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

I don't really like how the drop turns/banks to the right at the end, it just doesn't look right. The loop is a little wide too.

#53 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

"The Gumpinator"
The loop nears completion

Kaatsheuvel, The Netherlands - August 17th, 2009 - "The Gumpinator" is about to publish its next element. But first, the loop needs to be completed. Construction workers have removed the temporary supports and are currently working on the final supports.

The pull-out between the drop and the loop has been tweaked a little again. Minor bending and movement of the track reduced the straightness and made the pull-out one more fluent piece of track.

The banking of part of the pull-out has been changed as well. A connection between a support and the track has had a minor change, which increased the banking by a few degrees.

Jogumpie: 'From certain angles it is hard to see that there is actual banking on the pull-out. We don't feel we need to change the pull-out again, though.'

The loop's exit will be closer to the ground than the entrance and the track will move towards the right after the loop. That is all that Dutch Details can say about the rest of the layout.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jogumpie, 14 March 2013 - 03:47 PM.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#54 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

I think the loop looks 100% better now. You shaped it great!

EDIT: Whats with the news type of updates?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Is a direct sideview possible?

Looks good from the angles provided.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#56 Millcreek47

Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

a side view would be great. from what i can see it looks perfect.

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#57 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

The drop looks incredible in that second picture. From what I can see the loop is grand, but like said before, there isn't a true sideview.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#58 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

Looking very good, Gump. The drop is much better than before, and so is the loop. How's the shaking?

#59 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

Posted Image

I still don't like it. Yes, you did increase the banking, and that's fine, but there's still a lot of lateral movement that's going to kill speed. Right as the loop starts, you can see more lateral movement into the loop, and this is caused by the pullout.

Edited by Jogumpie, 14 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#60 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

there isn't a true sideview.

True. It is very hard to make a perfect sideview, because the lift is right in front of the loop.

How's the shaking?

No shaking at all. Only the pull-out drops down about 1 millimeter when the train passes by.

I still don't like it. Yes, you did increase the banking, and that's fine, but there's still a lot of lateral movement that's going to kill speed. Right as the loop starts, you can see more lateral movement into the loop, and this is caused by the pullout.

What would you want to see changed? And how? The drop turns slightly more than 180 degrees, and since I wanted the loop parallel to the drop, I needed the pull-out to be turning to the right. I see no hope in changing it again, especially cause I don't see what it should be like in your view. Then again I have to say that this angle makes the unbanking/banking process look like it's very short. I should try to get a picture of the pull-out from right above it, or perpendicular to the track.

O yeah, there's a change in the tubing (on the right) in the pull-in of the loop. I'll replace the tubing next time, cause I feel it creates a bump in the track.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: woodie winter coaster