woodie or hyper?

contest drop flying no limits pretzel loop

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

• 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:58 AM

could i build a woodie roller coaster with just one rippin rocket set(and some other non roller coaster sets except for my renagade run) I have around 1500 pieces. I would like to build a awesome woodie but i don`t think i can. if not that do u think i could make a hyper twist roller coaster wich would be like 7 feet high? what should i do. thanks to any one who helps me

#2 VVBuilder

VVBuilder

Formerly Loop De Loop

• 155 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:10 AM

A nice 2 foot hyper is perfect for the pices you have. DO NOT START TO BIG LIKE EVRYOTHER NEW PERSON HERE!!!!

Posted Image

#3 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

With the pieces you have I don't think you even have the pieces de finish a 7 foot lift.

Let alone a woodie...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#4 larry marak

larry marak

Construction Foreman

• 129 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

Taylor, start small, and build segments of a coaster, i.e. a drop ending in a loop, even an original historic coney island coaster...the first American coaster was built by a railroad company, it was a one way ride, the car was brought to the top of the drop by an elevator! By building in segments, you can test designs and determine what sort (and how many) additional pieces you need. I recently built a one way coaster in my sister-in-law's living room while she and my wife were out shopping for 5 hours. Just minimum supports and lots of track from the Looping Lightning set. When they got home their first words were "My goodness how big is this thing, followed by Get that thing out of my living room!" :-).

#5 Taylor

Taylor

• 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

haha nice story that`s funny. well i finished my roller coaster. it is like 2-3 foot and has 3 turns(one i stuffed up which was like a inverted turn.) one of those turns was a over banked ane. it also has one big hill and a half loop. if can upload the pictures to facebook is that ok with you guys. i only go on this site on my dsi and the dsi can only upload to facebook.

#6 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

Um, I dont think you can make a lift with just one rippin rocket, the cars don't even have a chain dog! (they can't grip onto the chain) I think you should get a SS before you attempt anthing else, and never try a woodie with only one coaster set.

#7 Taylor

Taylor

• 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

well you guys thought i couldn`t but i did, i made a 7-8 foot hyper that works perfectly! i used 2 boosters to get it up, but because of lack of track it could only go up the down then it goes into a over banked turn, straight and finaly another turn into the booster again. if u want pics please comment

#8 VVBuilder

VVBuilder

Formerly Loop De Loop

• 155 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

I want pictures.

Posted Image

#9 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

well you guys thought i couldn`t but i did, i made a 7-8 foot hyper that works perfectly!

It's not a matter of if you can do it or not, it's how well. This will defiantly be a shitty coaster...

You could put some pics up though and try to prove me wrong...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#10 dragon rides

dragon rides

Construction Worker

• 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

I dont have a lot of pieces either... and it is frustrating, but what you should do is save up some money and devote a few bucks of it to knex. within time you'll probly gain alot more peices.And no, dont start building big with what pieces you have, you wont finish it and you'll just have to take it down

#11 dragon rides

dragon rides

Construction Worker

• 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

I dont have alot of pieces either...and it is frustrating sometimes, but what you should do is save up some money and devote a few bucks to knex, and within time you'll probably have a lot more pieces. And no, dont try building big right now, you wont finish it and you'll just have to take it down

#12 Taylor

Taylor

• 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:37 AM

ok here r the pictures just follow the link sorry for the weight i have been on holidays. The roller coaster is the last 4 pics

m.facebook.com/album.php?r2da69008&aid=157&id=100000541892201&p=0&refid=2

#13 mynci321

mynci321

100%

• 664 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

I don't have no facebook account. Can you please upload it to the gallery here or photobucket?

Posted Image

#14 Taylor

Taylor

• 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:45 AM

roller coaster

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, drop, flying, no limits, pretzel loop