cci giga intamin mammoth steel wood woodie

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#161 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

The "snow" looks great, you did a good job spreading it out. I like the layout so far, but I'd say you need to add a few more crossovers/near misses and that will make it much more appealing (not saying it isn't already). Wonderful!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#162 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

Wow, I now see why you're a builder. Leviathian just wasn't very appealing to me...sorry.
BTW, how do you have so much time to build? For me it's just like 0-10 minutes a night...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#163 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

LOL. I see bags of WHITE STUFF on the floor in pic seven. and the last picture = goose bumps. looks amazing.

One thing though. Are you planning on keeping this up untill Christmas or are you gonna take it down and build another Christmas coaster. Just wondering because your almost done and there's still a lot of time left between now and Christmas.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#164 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

Is your snow cotton balls that you have pulled apart or are they something else? Coaster looks good.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#165 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

The "snow" looks great, you did a good job spreading it out. I like the layout so far, but I'd say you need to add a few more crossovers/near misses and that will make it much more appealing (not saying it isn't already). Wonderful!

Thanks! There's gonna be one crossover (which you'll see in the update below), but I can't make any more because of speed and pieces.

Wow, I now see why you're a builder. Leviathian just wasn't very appealing to me...sorry.
BTW, how do you have so much time to build? For me it's just like 0-10 minutes a night...

Yeah, Leviathan wasn't my best work. I haven't really had much homework lately, so I spend a lot of time building...about 1-2 hours every night.

LOL. I see bags of WHITE STUFF on the floor in pic seven. and the last picture = goose bumps. looks amazing.

One thing though.
Are you planning on keeping this up untill Christmas or are you gonna take it down and build another Christmas coaster. Just wondering because your almost done and there's still a lot of time left between now and Christmas.

I'm planning on keeping it up until around Christmas time. After Christmas, though, I'll take it down ASAP to start my next coaster.

Thanks for all the comments guys...now for the update.

DO A CROSSOVER!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The last picture shows the area where the last element before the brake shed will be. I'm tight on pieces and speed, so I have two options: do a bunny hill, or do a water splash. I'm leaning toward the water splash since it would be unique, as I'm unaware of any other coaster with a water splash. Please comment with your opinions on this!

:rfro

#166 vv monster

vv monster

It Will Terminate You

• 219 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

looks good i say do a splash down.that track is really dark.

#167 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

Do a water splash, that would be cooler. But there have been other coasters with water splashes, but they're all really old.

I really like it! One question though. Do you still have a full 'footer' in the snow areas? Like, a 3D connector that has connections across and to the next 3D? Because a way you could save pieces if you were tight was take those out and replace them with half moon connectors. That way you'd save 3D's and granites. Just a thought.

#168 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

OY! Water splash is ours! BACK OFF! KTHNXBAI!

Just kidding, you can. It's not like its an idea that was stolen. This is looking really nice too.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#169 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

My main issue with this coaster is that the layout is all over place...Really hard for me to explain. I wish there were more then 2 crossovers. But the shaping is good, splash would be cool.

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#170 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

I agree with RB, it's not very compact, but I think the layout is original and it will be beautiful with the "snow" though. Can't wait to see a complete circuit!

Posted Image

#171 jakeryan9

jakeryan9

Construction Foreman

• 204 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

I am really liking this coaster, especially the theming and the station.I say do the splash!

#172 SFMMCrazy

SFMMCrazy

#Thrillsforallages

• 794 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!I see more white stuff and I think you should do bunny hops cause you lose all your speed in a splash down.

Thrill Capital Insider

Where Thrills Rule

#173 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

^ Well, this is the last element of the coaster.
On that note, I say...

DO A SPLASHDOWN!!...?

It looks awesome! I love the layout!

#174 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

Very interesting coaster. I'm really starting to like it a lot more with the snow. Also, definitely go with the splash-down.

#175 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

LOL...now everyone is saying "DO A ..." Definitely splashdown. Te wolv iz jeluz uv te mamot.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#176 SFMMCrazy

SFMMCrazy

#Thrillsforallages

• 794 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

I say do a splash DOWN:durh

Thrill Capital Insider

Where Thrills Rule

#177 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

A splash down would be cool, but I don't think that it would fit this coaster...or any wooden coaster. Splash down or not this is still an awesome coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#178 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

i like it so far i think a water splash would be cool

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#179 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:40 AM

Wow :durh that's gotta be a new record for most comments within a few hours of the update. Thanks for all the input guys, I think I will do the water splash. Sorry, pki, I forgot you guys were doing one...I hope you don't mind too much. And I would agree that the layout is a little random and not very compact, but I kind of like it. I should be getting 50 more granite rods tomorrow so I can finish the layout, and I've started the water splash.

#180 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:42 AM

sweet i wish i could build like you i love building woodies. off topic do you have any tips for woodie builders i have attempted 50 finished none except a mine train.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download