holiday blitz riddle

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

they than we are alreay with 4 peaple :)
my,jochem.max. and you
hope more peaple will come

-killer-

#62 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Good luck with this Jochem it looks really incredible.

#63 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:41 AM

Thanks. I haven't been working on this lately. I experienced the train will need much speed going through the first corkscrew to make the second one as well. The part in between is very twisty and drains speed. I'm afraid there's not much to do about that, so I'll just have to gain enough speed in the straight section (loop, zero-g, loop) to complete the twisty section.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#64 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

I see what you mean it starts to twist right away after thee first invertion.
Posted Image

Blue: Zero G Roll
Yellow: cork Screws

#65 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

As you may have noticed, this project has been dead for a while.

I was having a hard time getting the train to clear both corkscrews. I needed the dive right before the first cork to be relatively tall and I didn't have the room to make up for this extra speed loss in the corks. I wondered and wondered and wondered some more. Even if I managed to get the train through the corks, the train would need a massive speed throughout the part between the second loop and the second corkscrew (most of the speed was lost in the banked turn between the corks). That wouldn't, first of all, look realistic and, second of all, I would get into problems with the second loop. Since I would've needed that massive speed, the second loop would have to be rather large. The position of the loop has its limits, 'cause the loop would be located in between the second cork and the turn in between the corks.

All these complexities made me delay construction over and over again until the point I decided to get rid of it all.

Like I posted earlier, I will have to build a roller coaster for an exposition in August. That means I will have to work out one of my other plans... and I happened to have started construction already... stay tuned, as I plan to open a new thread within 24 hours.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: holiday blitz, riddle