contests ssc sscoasters

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

Welcome to the RCT hall of fame. The winners of each monthly Roller Coaster Tycoon contest will be showcased here.

The first entry to the hall of fame is a partly custom coaster based on Fahrenheit at Hersheypark, apply named 'Celsius'. It impressed me mostly because of its style and theming. Its simple yet effective snow village theme is remarkable given the particular restraints of rct2, namely the lack of realistic snow theming. Overall, a fantastic achievement by Maverix.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Factoid: The coaster uses merging, a hack using a 'trainer' (8 cars per trainer). This is when two track types are merged together to allow for more realistic layouts.

Feel free to congratulate and offer praise to the winners if you wish in this thread.

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

So these are going to be monthly ehh? I like it :)

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#3 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

The second entry to the RCT Hall Of Fame, Mirka!

You may ask why this coaster is here, as it was the only entry in the December contest. However, this shows that Lazor is the only one who decided to work and enter, even if nobody else was bothered. Also, the coaster itself deserves credit for a number of reasons:

- A very unique layout
- Some very good theming for the constraints of the RCT options
- A nice landscape to fit with the theme

Here are the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Factoid: This coaster goes through 11 inversions!

Next entry coming soon!

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

???, I dident even hear any thing abot the december contest! Becides, the january contest says contest 2. So, I enterd in the one Maverix won, was that November?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#5 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

Rofl I forgot to annouce I won by default. Thanks for posting it!

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#6 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:53 AM

^^I originally thought that the December one didn't work out, so it stopped. Therefore, I guess the current one is the third contest.

I wonder if there will be an rct3 winner?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

^Yep!

RCT Contest 3 (althought the thread was 2) winner:

Valkyrie by Reaperdoctor!

Valkyrie has a unique layout while it still retains the signature "Vekoma Flying Dutchman: look. It also incorporates landscape into the second part of the ride to make it feel like you actually are flying, not just "flying" over a concrete square.

Posted Image

Factoid: This is the first RCT3 entry into the database.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contests, ssc, sscoasters