Welcome New Members

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#101 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

It will e-mail you updates when something happens with the ride, like a new comment.

#102 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

Ok I've recently been having some trouble on my home page, I was previously a member of two different groups, they showed up on my page about a month ago, but now they don't and in their place is the quote "you are not a member of any groups." I am not sure if I was kicked out of the groups or if there is something else happening. I am also wondering how to make friends, is there a way to request a friendship? Oh and one more thing, it seems as though my page has stoped recieving views and comments for a while now. Is it just because no one is looking at my profile or is something wrong with my account?
Thanks
-Cowman

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#103 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

All groups are gone now. And nothing is wrong with your profile.

#104 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

thank you very much

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#105 Brochacho

Brochacho

the new guy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm somewhat new to making knex coasters, i've made two before joining this site. I've also been watching SSC for some time...I finally stopped procrastinating and joined the site. Excited to be apart of this site now.

#106 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

Welcome Matt! Feel free to post a thread and show us your work. Looking forward to seeing your skillz.

Posted Image

#107 Brochacho

Brochacho

the new guy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

thanks. unfortunately the pictures i do have, which are of my most recently built coaster, are taken with my crappy phone camera (3.0 megapixel).

#108 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hello, I just posted a rollercoaster called Alumni and I realized that it was not showing up on the home page so I posted it again and it posted successfuly yet again it wasn't on the home page. I just searched the rides data base and found it under roller coasters that were posted a few days ago. Could you delete one of the Alumni posts as I posted the ride twice. Thank you:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#109 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

^One is deleted now.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#110 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Thank you very much!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#111 Sputnik

Sputnik

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

Newbie here,... brand new,...
I've been assigned the task of building a roller coaster display for a christmas decoration. I've done an O scale Train setup the last 2 years. This year I suggested a roller coaster, and it came true. I just purchased 3 K'Nex Screamin' Serpent Roller Coasters on the company cc, haha. After reading posts on this forum, I may have overpaid (Amazon). oh well :)

I will continue to read this awesome site and educate myself on the construction of my company's new K'Nex coasters.

my question:
With 3 ss sets, i should be able to create something pretty cool, yes?
Any suggestions on things I may need that are not included in those 3 sets?
Has anyone created welded trusses to hold the track in place? I would like to make a Matterhorn type mountain for the coaster to go through around etc.

I think I found a new hobby.
thanks in advance

#112 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

Welcome, Sputnik. :)
Seems like you found a great hobby there, haha. A suggestion, get a couple of K'NEX electric motors (12V_DC), since you want to put it on display.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#113 Sputnik

Sputnik

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

What is the voltage of the motors that are included with the sets?
if i need 12vdc motors can you direct me where to purchase?

My plan was to have a relay open and close the switch to the motor. I set up our train set on a relay as well, limiting run time and damage.

#114 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

You probably have one like this, which runs on 2 batteries and thus it's 3V.
Posted Image

The 12V motors can be bought through K'NEX.com, but there are more ways to get them.
Posted Image

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#115 ajsemtb

ajsemtb

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hello. New here, thought I'd check in. My experience is I was a kid when Knex first came out, so I had a few sets from the beginning. However, grew out of them (sort of) a few years after. Now I have kids and still have my sets and have started playing with them again. My wife bought a tote (huge) from a used toy seller for $10 and it has hundreds ?? of pieces in it and orange plastic tubing. I know from the tubing there is a roller coaster in the midst. However, there is no motor or cars with the track. The tubing is orange, and there are several large black gears and some smaller (though big) red gears as well and chain links. How would I find out what track I have and where to find instructions for it? I would like to make a model first so I can see how the mechanics/structures work before I start making custom tracks. But my set did not come with instructions and I don't know where to start. I have been on Knex.com but I'm not having luck finding orange track on a set listed nor instructions. Thanks. Aj

#116 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

I'm 99% sure you have not bought a SS, RR or VV track. While VV track might be orange, it's actually not a tube. You may very well have your hands on the Original Rollercoaster. I'm not entirely sure, but you may be able to e-mail K'nex and ask for a copy of instruction. It's also possible you own the BBF (Big Ball Factory) which also contains small portions of orange tube.

Have fun on the forums btw :D

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#117 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

This is probably the stuff you have. :) Welcome to the forums.
Can you confirm that this is the tubing you have?

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#118 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hello all found your forum just looking around for places to chat and show my builds. I primarily only have coaster dynamix stuff but recently picked up a few knex coaster sets. I am not quite sure how to post pictures on here yet but will do once I figure it out thanks for having me

#119 Devious

Devious

SPACE MOUNTAIN

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Ah good ol photobucket hope this works here is my first coaster design. Not sure how to upload video yet.

Posted Image

#120 ajsemtb

ajsemtb

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hello all again, yes it is confirmed i have the original k'nex roller coaster. I chatted w/ someone on here a few days back and he gave me a ton of information. I have since assembled the coaster (plans from knex.com searched the model number) and it doesn't work. The orange tubing was wound similar to what you would think of an extension cord or piece of rope, so its very bumpy and not perfectly straight. However, I'm not giving up. I found 2 storm mountain sets online for $50 for both sets, and I have found a ferris coaster and serpent spiral for the same price. I only spent $10 on the parts for the original coaster and it came w/ a TON more parts than were required, so I'm sure there are other parts from another set in there... i.e. a ton of the blue and purple "snowflakes" that connect to make the corner pieces. I know now that there are 2 different types of tracks listed in the sets I'm getting, but I figure w/ the SS style from the storm mountain sets I can try designing w/ that system, and the W system from the other 2 I can try my hand at that, and figure out which system is better for me. Regardless, I have TON of parts for little investment. Any thoughts/suggestions?