burrito launch master speed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dhabi Dude

Dhabi Dude

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Hey I just got started with these little k'nex addictions... I bought a few of the loopin lightning coasters but those are entirely different tracks than what I've seen you guys building.

I don't even see that style of coaster on the official k'nex website. Whats the deal??

#2 Pyro

Pyro

mike and his mommy

• 2140 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

K'nex discontinued that track type a long time ago. I suggest you go on ebay and look up "Screamin Serpent".

#3 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Ok. If you want to make coasters like us you will need alot of sets. Like Screamin serpent, rippin rocket, shark run and strom mountain. Those are all of thye coustom coasters....I think.... Hope this helped:)

#4 KnexKat

KnexKat

"Sarge"

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

Also, they usually go for about $70, without shipping, used. It's hard to get them for a decent price now, because there are alot of bidders when It comes to that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never Give up....because people will always complain about you giving up

!

#5 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

^Not exactly. I've seen some sets go for a grand total of $30 on eBay.

It's really a question of patience. You have to be willing to look around and wait awhile for the right deal to come around, then you "pounce" on it. Also, don't bid until less than a day before the auction pops; that way, you can get it before everyone gets the first bid. Many people will give up on an auction even if only one person has a bid on it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#6 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, stop bidding the prices up!

I got lucky on the sets I bought before Christmas, got most of them for under $40 including shipping. Actually scored one RR for less than $25 including shipping and it was in the best shape of the four I bought.

I am still looking for more parts. Getting ready to take our first working coaster apart and know what I ran out of.

Q: I have more than enough cross ties and tubing because I bought some of that seperately. What other non-coaster sets come with the most 3D connectors, Granite, Green, and Blue rods? (or equivlaents (i.e Yellow, Red etc....)

#7 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

^if you want a much of everything you should have a big air ball tower:

pieces:

19 gray rods
129 red colored rods
95 yellow colored rods
180 blue colored rods
94 3D connectors dark blue
196 3D connectors grey.

And if you want very much 3D's and blue and yellow rods you have to buy a big ball factory. (or just buy both, than you'll have a nice package.)

-=TK=-

On topic: If you live in Europe you also can go to knexeuropegroup.uk or .nl etc.

Posted Image

#8 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

Craigslist is another possible place to look. It could be slightly more expensive, but it's at least as reliable since it doesn't ship to you; you actually go and pick it up from somewhere.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burrito, launch, master, speed