[Aminspec] Burrito Speed (FINAL VIDEO AND PICS)

burrito launch master speed

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

I present to you Burrito Speed! It will feature a automated station and chain launch, It will be full or twists turns ,and inversions.
Cobraz run ferz yo livez
Posted Image

BTW I fixed that sharp spot.
Posted Image

Just HAD to get this view.
Posted Image

Posted Image

my un-finished launch
Posted Image

#2 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

ROFLMAO, the name sounds like some new age drug combining speed and burritos. I can't see the pictures though.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#3 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

WOW!! Another coaster already! The cobra roll is awesome!! I don't know how you are going to get the cars go threw the cobra roll with that little launch....Good luck!!;)

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

The side view makes is looks like it's vertically squished. Other than that, it looks absolutely amazing!

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

Looking very good, but I simply have to comment on the tubes. Not all your footers are that great. Like the ones in the center. And I'm not sure how sturdy your tubes are, 'cause I don't see that many triangles.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#6 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

I agree, I definitely think you should put laterals on all those supports. It looks a tad squished too...

#7 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

Best name EVER. LOL I'm eating a burrito right now. you should definitely do what Gump said.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#8 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

ROFLMAO, the name sounds like some new age drug combining speed and burritos. I can't see the pictures though.

Lol they are now.

The side view makes is looks like it's vertically squished. Other than that, it looks absolutely amazing!

I think that sharp spot was causing that it's fixed now.

Looking very good, but I simply have to comment on the tubes. Not all your footers are that great. Like the ones in the center. And I'm not sure how sturdy your tubes are, 'cause I don't see that many triangles.

Well I know I'm still gonna add atleast 2 more on here ,but as of I just finnished the drill launch and it dindn't shake like I thought it would.

All my footers are fine when tje tubes are on an angle you dont need them and the ons that arn't on an angle have fine footers.

I agree, I definitely think you should put laterals on all those supports. It looks a tad squished too...

Like I sayd I'll be adding atleast 2 latterals on here. Tha squashieness is fixed.

Best name EVER. LOL I'm eating a burrito right now. you should definitely do what Gump said.

thanks.

#9 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

I like how it is so far and can you make a tut on your launch?

#10 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

Posted Image
There's four footers in this picture that aren't supported correctly. Under high pressure, the supports will tend to sink down to the floor.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#11 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:17 AM

It would help if you'd circle them I think. I think the tubes look weak (because they're tubes) and the half loops are all weird.

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#12 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

Ok, here's what I did from
your last post I don't have pics I'll get new ones in the next update but I edited this one.

red means gone now blue is new and black is footers or connection points. now the only thing that will keep it from shaking is building more track. to keep it from being able to pull on the tubes. maybe I'll try some tiny laterals
Posted Image

Now there are only 2 weak footers I'll try to fix those next time.

EDIT: i jsut remembered I made the loops higher by an inch so they're fixed now.

Cough* the burrito had a pepper that looked like a a dive loop in it cough*

#13 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

That coaster is looking good. I don't see any misshapen parts in the CR. And i hope for you this coaster will turn out good. Sorry, this is just some dump writing lol.

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#14 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

Update!

I got a dive loop done ,But I haven't decided what to do next...
EDIT: Did I seriously just forget a a pic of the cobra roll!?!? oh well I'll get a pic in like 10 mins.

[IMG]http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/attachments/f82/5316d1265080572-aminspec-burrito-speed-dscn9004.jpg[/mg]

[img]http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/attachments/f82/5317d1265080572-aminspec-burrito-speed-dscn9005.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/attachments/f82/5311d1265077883-aminspec-burrito-speed-dscn8998.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/attachments/f82/5312d1265077883-aminspec-burrito-speed-dscn8999.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/attachments/f82/5313d1265077883-aminspec-burrito-speed-dscn9000.jpg[/IMG]

Something looks weird here.
[IMG]http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/attachments/f82/5314d1265077883-aminspec-burrito-speed-dscn9002.jpg[/IMG]

Here's your launch pick love4knex
[IMG]http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/attachments/f82/5315d1265077883-aminspec-burrito-speed-dscn9003.jpg[/IMG]

#15 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:49 PM

I love the uniqueness. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it's not realistic. The cobra roll/dive loop combo is interesting, but it's the good kind. Looks intense and fantastic for how compact it is. Awesome!

SSCoasters Veteran

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#16 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

Looking GREAT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#17 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

The dive loop is pretty circular but I'm liking the look of it...You really need to clean up your knex! lol

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#18 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

I love the uniqueness. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it's not realistic. The cobra roll/dive loop combo is interesting, but it's the good kind. Looks intense and fantastic for how compact it is. Awesome!

Thanks! It's not that unique it's just an element after another element lol thanks though I'm glad you think that.

Looking GREAT!

thankya.

The dive loop is pretty circular but I'm liking the look of it...You really need to clean up your knex! lol

I actually cleaned up a little before the pics lol Ill do some more sorting tomorrow.

Next up! an emmelmann!

#19 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

Looking good apart from two things related to tube supports again.

The tallest support on the dive loop is a single support at an angle. This shouldn't be a single beam, 'cause now it allows rotation around the footer.

One of the lowest supports on the dive loop is at an angle of about 45 degrees, this should be far less.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#20 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

• 2879 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

scratches head nervously* yeah that support does look weird now that you mention it. I hardly think tha tall support not having a second tube is a problem... but I guess I'll give it a small lateral , my special red connector tubes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burrito, launch, master, speed