• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

I finnaly found the time to post this.

We left school around 7:00 on thursday night. It was a 12 hour bus ride down and it was not fun. The first couple of hours on the bus were fine, we were playing games and talking and stuff. heres a pic of the two girls in our jazz band that i was sitting beside. (The red head is probably the coolest person i've ever met).

Posted Image

We got to our hotel at 7:00 in the mourning after sleeping on the bus. it sucked. We stayed at the All-Star Music resort. It was a pretty cool hotel. there were a bunch of larger than life instruments. we stayed in the country section, which was right by the bus stop. heres a couple of pics from our room.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Around 8:00 we started walking around the hotel and towards a bus stop to go to MGM (Rockn' roller coaster ;) ). Here's some pics of the hotel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We made it in to MGM around 9:00 and went straight to Rockn' roller coaster and the tower of terror. Pics. That red head in the red hat is really annoying, we ditched him later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Waiting in line for Rockn'
Posted Image

Rockn' roller coaster was really fun. it was my first spagetti bowl and i loved it. the themeing was awesome and the intensity was there through out. i give it a 8/10. As we left i bought some drum sticks in the shop.

Next up was lunch. we walked across the park to the indiana jones section and got some food. We then walked back to ride tower of terror. It was pretty fun but because it wasn't just a drop tower and it actually moved around i gave it a 7/10. The red haired girl got scared and held my hand from the que line till the end of the ride ;). After that, The two girls, my friend (in the picture below)and I decided to go over to Epcot and ditch the others.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Epcot was pretty awesome. we went on mission space and test track. I give both a 6/10 because the lines were terrible. We had to be back at MGM at six for our competition orientaion so we started to head back. We all really wanted a turkey leg but the stand closed at 5:30. we left epcot at 5:00 and literally sprinted from the exit of epcot to the turkey leg stand. we made it with 2 minutes to spare.

Posted Image

After our orientation and guest concert it was 8:00. Me and a group of other friends (including my band teacher) ran to Rockn' roller coaster so we could ride it before the park closed at 8:30. We got in line at 8:25 and didn't get on the ride till 9:00. we sat in line watching youtube videos. We got on the ride and i got to ride with my band teacher (who really likes roller coasters, he's the only teacher i've told about my knex roller coaster).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We got back to the hotel around 9:30. all the guys got into one room and played poker till 12:00. I won $80.00 that night :).

The next day was probably my favorite day. Me and three different friends woke up early to get to animal kingdom when the gates opened. When they started letting people in, they held them back by a rope. we were at the front of the rope. the park officially opened and every one wanted to run straight to everest (including us). the people with the rope walked slowly to everest, keeping people from running. we, on the other hand, took off on a side path, jogged all the way around the park, and beat the crowd by a good five minutes. Heres the awesome part. they wouldn't let us get in line yet so we all got fast passes, got in line, rode the ride, came back thirty mins. later, got in the single rider line, rode it again, and when we got off, we went through the fast pass line. 3 rides in under an hour. Pretty damn good for a disney park. i gave it a 7/10. the backwards section was awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We then walked back to dino land and rode the wild mouse. pretty fun. 5/10.

Posted Image

ME
Posted Image

after that we left the park to go perform. we did pretty good but we could have done better. we came in 5th out of 30 bands. after we performed, we went back to the hotel, changed, and went to magic kingdom. we went over to space mountain and got in a 1 hour and 30 minutes line. after waiting that long, we were ready to get on the ride. THIS IS COMPLEATLY TRUE: we were the next ones to get on the ride and you know what it did, it broke down! we had to leave the station but we all got a fast pass to whatever we wanted to ride. We headed over to the haunted mansion which we rode 4 times. 9/10 for a dark ride it was really fun.After that we went over to thunder mountain and used our fast passes. I give it a 7/10. really fun.

The next day was pretty simple. we went to magic kingdom again and rode space mountain. FINNALY. I really liked the new renovations. the ride was much smoother and faster from what i remember. 8/10. we then went over and rode piretes of the carribean. not so sure i liked the new movie theme though. 6/10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After that we rode our last ride of the trip, thunder mountain. it was really fun but i liked riding it at night better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Splash mountain was closed, which pissed me off.

no water :(
Posted Image

The Trip was really fun and i hope we get to do it again next year.

Comment :).

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

Seems like you have a thing for the red head.

#3 /\ero

/\ero

CP dodgeball 10-11

• 846 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

This was actually a fun trip report to read! Good job in your competition, that's really good! I would have to agree with BGT as well.

#4 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

^^ yeah, mabye a little bit. we're just friends right now though.

^thanks, i had fun writing it.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#5 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

The female red head, Gump Approved. ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#6 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

Looks fun. I've never been a fan of Disney because no matter when you go your not going to get short lines. But if I had the chance I wouldn't give it up.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cedar point, plan, trip