• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hey everyone!
This week I have Spring Vacation, I now have 8 more days till it is over. I decided that I wasn't just going to sit around talking about building these awesome coasters so, I just decided to build. This coaster will be for the 1 week Challenge buildoff. I have 6 days left, I started yesterday night. Here are some pics of what I have so far. BTW, I'm going to make the pullout bigger in the next update...
Pics:
Overview/Drop:
Posted Image
180* turn around:
Posted Image
Space that is left for the coaster:
Posted Image

I'm still thinking on what to build next and I think right now to build a 90* turn thingy. I will have another update when it is done like tomrrow or earlier...

Comment!

#2 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

If you dident have just 1 week to build this, I would say go back and make the turnaround bigger. But becides that, and the pullout, witch you said you would fix, its great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#3 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

OK, as you said make the pull out bigger, maybe make the pull in a little bit bigger and try not to make that drop straight, I'm sure you can fix that. Especially you've holidays now and enough time hopefully ;)!

Posted Image

#4 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

If you dident have just 1 week to build this, I would say go back and make the turnaround bigger. But becides that, and the pullout, witch you said you would fix, its great.

I can go back but, that is how I wanted it...

OK, as you said make the pull out bigger, maybe make the pull in a little bit bigger and try not to make that drop straight, I'm sure you can fix that. Especially you've holidays now and enough time hopefully ;)!

yeah, I have everything fixed, thanks to your post telling me EVERYTHING that I need to fix ;) BTW, I couldn't really understand the last senece from you.

Ok, I fix the drop and made it less straight and now the pullout looks good. I think that next I will have a 270* turn. Whoever gets a pic or drawing of what king of 270* turn looks like get a plate of French fries and ketchup! :)

Start guessing!!!

#5 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

^oh, with holidays I actually meant vacation. So I mean that you've got enought time to build, isn't it? ;) and I like to see another update :)

Posted Image

#6 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

Update!

I got a the turn thing but it will go 180*, it is not done yet. I also finished redoing the drop and the pullout?/pullin. Here are some pics:
overview:
Posted Image
re-did drop:
Posted Image
Posted Image
pull-out/pull-in:
Posted Image

I'm taking thoughts from you guys of what do next. Remember the turn will be 180* in the next update.

Comment!

#7 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

That looks much better! And the hill/turning drop looks nice too. A buckel would look very nice after that turn.

#8 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

Looks really sexy!

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

That looks much better! And the hill/turning drop looks nice too. A buckel would look very nice after that turn.

Thanks but, I just sawyour comment and itis too late for a buckel, I alrealdy did a hill....

Looks really sexy!

Really? Thanks!

I have already did the hill but, I don't feel like uploading 1,085 picture on the computer again then, having to upload each picture on photobucket so, i will just gat the hill in the next update. Now can you guys pic A, B, or C?

A: Have a 3 cars train will red tape
B: Have a 4 car trian will one of the cars with blue tape
C: Have two 3 car trains will one tarin blue tape and the other red tape.

Comment on what you think!

#10 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

That looks great! The only thing I should do is add some laterals to that turn thingy. Especially at the bottom. And I choose option C.

Posted Image

#11 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

That turning drop should start pulling out way higher than it does right now. I realize you are already onto the next element and only have a week, but if your going for quality shaping, I would try to fix that up.

The rest looks good though. Good work.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#12 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

The pullout/in is kinda lopsided but everything else looks cool!

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#13 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Now that I was testing the coaster will different cars, I think that I have to go will a fouyr acr train because it goes through fastest. I don't think that I am going to re-do the turn due to time...

#14 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

I have already did the hill but, I don't feel like uploading 1,085 picture on the computer again then, having to upload each picture on photobucket ...

if you have over a thousand pics on your camera that are also on your computer why not delete them from the camera? Best practice is to burn them to a CD or DVD too just in case....

Alternatively if you put the card in a card reader instead of hooking the camera up to the computer you could just copy select images. It would look like a disk on your computer.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#15 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

I like it so far. It has a pretty good amount of banking, and you didn't lose much speed at all. Nice job!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#16 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

I like it so far. It has a pretty good amount of banking, and you didn't lose much speed at all. Nice job!

I did what you said about the Silicone spray on chat and it worked! thanks!!!:)

#17 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Yep, you're welcome. :)

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#18 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

Quick update!

I'm still working on the hill, the turn needs to still be suported, the track after the turn will be a hill, And now this is a PTC woodie/GCI woodie....

Posted Image
Posted Image

Next update will have two hill and a helix...

Comment!

#19 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

Well, that train looks really nice. But I really want you to take a good look at the hill. You have to make the pull-ins and pull-outs bigger, because it's almost steeper than the first drop. Please fix this, and can we get a few pictures of than turning thingy? Good luck! :)

Posted Image

#20 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Man, this is really good for how fast your building! Your skills have progressed so much. There are quite a few sharp/straight spots, but since your crunched for time, it's not that big a deal. Keep it up!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hornet, j-boy, wooden, woodie