Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

PM the database link to me.

#22 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

PM the database link to me.

I'll do that, but it isn't in the database jet, I'll have it up by tonight I think.

#23 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

Posted Image

Summer Heat is something that has never been attempted before on this website. It is a movement to embody the whole free spirit of summer with time to explore new possibilities and visit new places, with, of course, some bias towards roller coasters and amusement parks. At the heart are several contests which should appeal to everyone who builds in some way. But to be connected, we want you to share your whole experience of summer with the members of SSCoasters. Instead of a usual construction thread, we want you to keep a journal of your summer adventures. This should include your building, as well as the other things you do. Watch or go to a movie? Share it in your journal. Visit an amusement park? Tell us about it and post photos if you have them in your journal. Just sit around and hang out? Well, share that too. This is an event that should create a far closer community than this site has ever had.

Now as for the contests, the major component is what used to be called Model of the Year. It will now be called Summer Heat. The MOTY contest always had several options that you could build. Summer Heat enhances this idea and brings several more to the table.

Contest 1: Flat Ride
Your goal is to build a non-roller coaster amusement ride out of K'NEX. It can be modeled after a real ride, or it can be of your own imagination. There are no limits to what you can build and how many pieces you can use, it just can't be a roller coaster.

Due August 1st, 2010

Contest 2: Kiddy Coaster
Kiddy coasters in real life can be very simple designs that are very tame, or they can be rides that pull some actual forces and get kids interested in roller coasters for once they are tall enough. You goal is to create a kiddy roller coaster. It can be as long as you want, but it can only contain one three foot tall lift hill, with no launches, and no inversions. This contest is for those that do not have a plethora of pieces to go around. I want to see some creative coasters come out of this.

Due September 1st, 2010

Contest 3: Recreation vs Recreation
The premier event of Summer Heat is the Recreation vs Recreation contest. Your task is to either recreate a real life roller coaster or recreate a classic roller coaster design on this site that was made before 2005. A great place to get started on a classic roller coaster is by browsing through the Old Gallery. Any rides in there are fair game to be recreated. Of course you can add your own modern twist by using the latest building techniques. You must get your coaster approved before you can build so as to have no repeat coasters in this contest. Models that are already in construction have priority of course. A thread clearly labeled for this purpose will be posted.

Contest 3 entries are due September 31st, subject to adjustment.

Models must currently be in construction (or have been finished since June 24th) to be entered into any of the three building contests. Any roller coaster building set is allowed in contests 2 and 3. Only K'NEX is allowed in contest 1. You may only enter one model in each of the categories.

Contest Judging
The judging method for the contests will be determined once the level of participation is known.

Contest Prizes
I am not sure about prizes right now. There will be tags for winners and possible promotions. Monetary prizes are possible if participation is excellent.

A separate thread will be create for questions about any of the rules. These rules are subject to some changes. A separate thread will also be created explaining how to create and use your journal.

Please use this thread just for general comments on the contest.

Remember, this is the summer. Enjoy it!

Is The kiddy coaster contest until the end of august are not.

Posted Image

#24 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

my kiddy coaster is done Kiddy Flight - SSCoasters Rides Database

Posted Image

#25 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

Now that Summer Heat has ended and the winners have received their deserved tags (yaay!), I'd like to thank Spitfire for making this tags. Simple, but oh so great. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#26 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hell yeah, thank you spitty!

#27 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Now that Summer Heat has ended and the winners have received their deserved tags (yaay!), I'd like to thank Spitfire for making this tags. Simple, but oh so great. :)

Hell yeah, thank you spitty!

You're quite welcome, guys. :D Glad you like them. ;)

(cop) SSCoasters Staff (cop)
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Posted Image
Maverick | Millennium Force | Ravine Flyer II | Top Thrill Dragster | Kumba

#28 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

Doesn't BGTKing deserve a tag for a host of this? ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2010, contest, rules, summer heat