^As do I.

-RCT2123

Posted Image

#22 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:38 AM

To me it seems that the pull-in is sharp and then gradually decreases, however it should be the other way around.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for the comments. I fixed the pull in I think. I did a lot of work on the hydraulic launch system, Actually it works but my drill doesn't work fine for the launch. It takes quite a lot of time before the drill breaks down when it reached full speed, so I can't launch it at full speed. Well, maybe I can find a way to borrow someone's drill which is better :)

the tower
Posted Image
Posted Image
pull-in
Posted Image
the slight slope the launch area is built on
Posted Image
the winchdrum
Posted Image
tension wheel (the left wheel)
Posted Image
this is where the cables seperate (the end of the launch area)
Posted Image

:cool:

Posted Image

#24 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Maybe you could figure out a way to un-mesh the gears so it can stop faster?

#25 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

I think the top of the top hat is to tight. That is only minor though.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#26 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image

Your gearing here is backwards. A small gear to large gear will slow down the launch. You want a large to small gear so the axle rotates faster than the initial axle.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#27 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

^yes I know I geared it down, but I did that because the drill was way too fast. The problem with my drill is that it has to be used for a constant speed, so it's absolutely not the right power source for my launch. To launch the Kingda Ka, I should use something as a power source which is very powerful, and it must be able to release all it's power at once and break down very fast. With the result you create a launch instead of constant speed. I may try something with air pressure or compressed air, I'm not yet sure about that. I would like to hear some suggestions for the source of the launch.
I have finished the top of the top hat, and I'm busy with the 270* spiral. Actually my shape is fine now I think, but if I put flexies on there it gets bumpy. I don't know how to solve this problem, and I don't like haveing a 270* spiral without flexies. Well, pictures now :)!

the tower
Posted Image
Posted Image
the top
Posted Image
POV spiral
Posted Image
Posted Image
I just had to take this picture
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

I think it looks awesome! LOL, that last pic.

#29 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

With a power source that would release all its energy all at once, you wouldn't have an accelerating launch at all. It'd be equivalent to literally slapping the car with your hand. Once the energy transfer from source to car is over, the car is losing speed. With a drill, you'll at least have the car at full speed all the way to the end of the launch run. And it takes your drill a few milliseconds for your drill to reach full speed right? That's an accelerating launch right there.

You're dealing with a scaled down (not consistant scale either) toy here, its not going to be completely perfect. Gravity can't be scaled, the co-effecient of drag and air resistance can't be, and if you go into fluids, those can't be either.

I applaud you for wanting to take the next step though. Your reasoning and logic just didn't make sense there.

And your track work looks great!

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#30 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

^Thanks, that made me a lot of things clear. I will try to make a video which clearly shows how fast my drill reaches full speed and how fast it can break down ;)

EDIT: here's the video, I hope this explains a lot :)

Posted Image

#31 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Different drill would solve it. You are using a really heavy duty drill too, maybe consider get a smaller one that comes with a battery pack, those generally stop faster.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

WOW!!! Those supports are great and very realistic!
First I thought that the top hat was to small, but I compared it to the real one and it was exectly the same! Go on Maarten!

Posted Image

#33 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

the supports look like the real thing good job!

#34 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

So, how's this?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:16 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are just one amazing builder who ROCKS! You show so much skill with tube supports! Have you tried the launch yet to launch it up the hill? I don't see any flaws or errors! Otherwise, I'm just in awe right now. It looks so much like the real ride and TTD[wich i rode:)] Just flawless! Keep up the great, and i mean great, work.

Posted Image

#36 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

Best turning drop ever!

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

GOSH! ;) That coaster is going to be AWESOMETASTIC!! I love the twist. You took a coaster like that and make it loke 5 times as aweosme! and your not even finished.

#38 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

You sure know how to build the best KK recreation. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#39 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Epic. Purely Epic. Awesome job Maarten. I think I see a builder tag in someone's near future...

#40 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

I think it needs to twist sooner, the very end of it seems jammed in there. (I know that sentence came out so badly) But damn, that is still fantastic!

SSCoasters Staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: entry, top model 4