bottle rocket

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#21 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

Nice, but the lauch is really bumpy, and the launch I think it should be a Jesper's Launch but only it hits a switch and it launches it.

#22 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

Aofar so good I'd recommend maybe building the other side's pullout leve excess tubing in between each pullout then add like 20 crossties in the gap with no flexies ,just mid and edge tubing. Then shape it how you want and build supports up around the track then add the track to support connections add more crossties and flexies etc.

That's how i'd do it anyhow.

Yeah. That's how i usually do it...Usually. But now i will always do that so thanks.

SKYROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!
Anywho, the ride looks great! I love a good max X-tie roller coaster! I think the drop is perfect, And I love how many different connections you have!

I love the max x-ties and connections too! Thanks!

Well. That pullout is bugging me. So I drew somthing for you;)

Posted Image

Black: Were the track should be. Your pullout started to suddenly. And it is uneven.

Red: The parts of the supports are weak spots. Little connections to hold up big section of support.

Blue: How to fix weak supports.

And then I overlapped your overbank picture for you;)

Posted Image

After that you should be good!

WOW! Thank you so much! This will help a lot for me . Thank you and thank you!

Wow, I love that overlap. And oh, yeah, the model looks good too. The pullout looked fine to me at first, but you should really implement the suggested changes.

Ok, i will fix it like i said.

Nice, but the lauch is really bumpy, and the launch I think it should be a Jesper's Launch but only it hits a switch and it launches it.

The launch is still in the works and right now It's not on my top priority but when i make the launch i will make it nice just for you.:wub: And as for the launch, i have my ow in mind...

Any other things i should fix before i start construction?

Posted Image

#23 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

DOUBLE POST!!

The pics say it all...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The drop is pure EPICNESS! The overbank thing i think has a straight spot. Please tell me where bad spots are, for the children...

Just comment please.:lolo

Posted Image

#24 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

I think it need to start turning earlier. and for the children. do you watch i carly...........?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

Wow it looks really good to me! Wait for the more experienced users though. ^ Dude i watch iCarly and im 15 I watch pretty much anything on nick except fan boy and chum chum. Worst. Show. Ever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#26 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

Glad you were able to resolve the launch issue. Coaster looks good so far. That overlapped overbank picture is awesome.

^I watch iCarly too sometimes. I think it's funny. And I think Sam's cute.

#27 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:44 AM

Well, i have noticed that my track work has improved over time and i would like this coaster to be a five star. The track looks really bad right now so please help me. Here's the horrible pics...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Every pic is horrible except the last one. The last one is dead on the picture that Knexrule11 showed me. Please help me out guys!

Posted Image

#28 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:50 AM

I think need to see the hole thing done before I can say that it is fine....Right now i can say it is " OK ".

#29 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

There are quite a lot of minor bumps, for the rest it looks good. I think a lot of people have said to you that you should smooth out your track, but not how. I think the best way to do it is to take some middle tubing and put some x-ties on it. Then, point out for yourself where you want the track to be, make a few track to support connections and add the normal tubing. Check wether the track is bumpy or not, then add flexies and make as much as possible track to support connections. Good luck :)!

Posted Image

#30 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

What you need to do is when you start the banking, the track should pull up. Look at this photo:

Posted Image

Then pull up should never stop. The track always is curving. The banking just changes the curve from the pullup to the pullout. If you need more help. If you get a a picture from ^that picture was taken. I do an overlap.

KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#31 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

I don't know why but it looks like the top of the overbank could be a little more sharper IMO. Looking great so far! Keep it up!

Posted Image

#32 floris2burn

floris2burn

Software Engineer

• 414 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

I am so mad right now! I tried making Rollercoasterfanatic919's launch on Palisade and i made it perfectly, but the thing gives me so many problems and i still cant find a launch that's fast enough! The car's front triangle point thing axle broke because it was put under too much force!The drill launch didn't work and even at full speed, it doesn't make it over the tophat! What is a better launch that will be able to launch when the car enters the launch like Palisade's launch. I want the beginning to make a turn out of the station a granite rod higher then the launch and launch like Sky Rocket at Kennywood. Comment and give me your best opinion!

I haven't read every post after this, but here's my opinion on launching:
If you try to launch a train, the lighter it is, the more speed it will get. Though, it'll speed down faster due to friction.

But keep in mind what kind of mechanism you are using.
Mechanisms like a weight drop (what i'm building right now) and a drill launch should be giving a consistent acceleration. The longer they're pulled/pushed, the higher the speed.

Launchers like a rubber band/spring have less force (acceleration) the more they release their force.

I don't know how good drill launches are, but I've seen "tomisdabomb02" on youtube and he seems to have a good drill launch mechanism. (look at "Air Strike")

#33 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hey! AWESOME UPDATE!!

I finished the overbank thing and decided to make this into an intamin launched coaster! I got inspired by Superman the escape at movie world but it will have 2 inversions. I've said too much already. Here's the pics...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here's the new pullout/pull in
Posted Image
Posted Image
Cool pic
Posted Image

There is a straight spot at the end of the track and i will fix that later.
Comment please!
I do watch i carly...

Posted Image

#34 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

If this coaster was a girl I would do dirty stuff to her...
Looks awesome, but shouldn't you do the pullout mirrored to the pullin?
The trackwork looks nice, build on!
I don't watch ICarly anymore, they started voice-overing it, and the Dutch voices are álways the same.
Carly's voice is in at least 4 more shows on Nickelodeon.

-Suck.

#35 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

That coaster looks great! In the first picture the overbank turn looks like Rollercoasterfanatic919's overbank on Ion.

#36 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

Looks like my advice payed off (if you followed it) because it looks pretty great!

You could raise the top about 1 cm to make it a bit more pointy.

#37 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

UGH!

The next element was suppose to be a zero-g roll but it turned out really bad. Take a look at my failure...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The pic above the last one shows a side view. The ending of the roll will be mirrored to the first half of the zero-g when its a finalized roll.

Comment on my failure.

Posted Image

#38 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

And what is wrong with it? it does look a little odd but it's pretty much fine just try to make the top a bit more pointed.

#39 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

It looks pretty good from a side, but can you do a pov?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#40 kingdaka876

kingdaka876

kingdaka876

• 132 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

thats really cool the track is very smooth but can you do a test video

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kingdaka876
Link to my rides:http://www.sscoaster...rs-revenge-571/

http://www.sscoaster...bra-looper-628/

Link to my youtube account: