2010 flurry jonnycoaster mcc winter

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

I really think that the first picture has that straight spot that i do not like at all. I really think you should fix that and you'll be good to go!

Posted Image

#22 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

Bases create stronger coasters when building with tubes. Besides It's an expo requirement for us unless we don't have the pieces for it. It's much easier to move a big coaster that way.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Bases create stronger coasters when building with tubes. Besides It's an expo requirement for us unless we don't have the pieces for it. It's much easier to move a big coaster that way.

so are you hinting at that this will go to an expo.....????

Posted Image

#24 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

^No, he also said when building with tube supports bases will make it stronger ;)

Posted Image

#25 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

It's all fixed by now and an update will come soon. Tom is to a Sting concert this evening but we builded a looping, a kinda turn and now a sort of thing i dont know the name of is comming.

Update tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or so.

Or today Koen ;)

I really think that the first picture has that straight spot that i do not like at all. I really think you should fix that and you'll be good to go!

Look 1 update above the one you were looking for, you can see that there really isn't a straigt spot. And thanks!

Yeah, it really is stronger

so are you hinting at that this will go to an expo.....????

Nope it won't, but i would like it:)

^No, he also said when building with tube supports bases will make it stronger ;)

Yes it is:D

I will tell why bases are much stronger. If you build a tube-supported coaster with only a base from the point where the supports have to be connected, the base can move a lot. If you build another floor on it, it will shake less. If you just make a base that is 1 part, the base can't move at all (or you have to push it by hand) that's why bases are stronger.

UPDATE:

Sharp spot isn't anymore. Loop has been build, Famous Vekoma turn thing (from the SLC standard version) has been build, and we took pictures.
So let's go to those pics;)

Overview:
Posted Image
Loop:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Turn-ish thing:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Guess what the next element will be (not to hard) :
Posted Image

The coaster doesn't shake at all, and we would appreciate it if you comment, so be harsh and enjoy!

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#26 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

I think that you should layer your crossites on the loop more evenly and the loop is a little lopsided. The overbank is fine. Is the next element a wingover?

#27 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

^Lolwut???
Overbank?

Ahh well, this is looking great so far!
I think the loop is just fine...
Build on!

#28 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

Everything looks great, shaping and all... except on the loop. The loop looks like an oval when it should be more teardrop like this.

Posted Image

That turn looks fabulous but i think that it is so under-banked that it will kill speed!:nevs I think the best thing t do is to make the turn more like this. I think this will help with speed but the supports are fine. Looking great and hope this will help, Jumpge.

Posted Image

#29 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

The looping looks good its not a very good teardrop but it is a tear drop. By the way nice playseat i also have one :b.

Posted Image

#30 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:08 AM

I think that you should layer your crossites on the loop more evenly and the loop is a little lopsided. The overbank is fine. Is the next element a wingover?

I can't because the flexi's end over there, so i can't layer them then. And the loop is lopsides because the drop is 165* and not 180 ;) (next element is not a wingover)

^Lolwut???
Overbank?

Ahh well, this is looking great so far!
I think the loop is just fine...
Build on!

You got it right, and thanks

Everything looks great, shaping and all... except on the loop. The loop looks like an oval when it should be more teardrop like this.

Posted Image

That turn looks fabulous but i think that it is so under-banked that it will kill speed!:nevs I think the best thing t do is to make the turn more like this. I think this will help with speed but the supports are fine. Looking great and hope this will help, Jumpge.

Again, this is a Vekoma coaster, not B&M, if you take a look at the loops of Vekoma you'll see that those are rounded a lot more.. but thanks :D

The looping looks good its not a very good teardrop but it is a tear drop. By the way nice playseat i also have one :b.

Thanks man, and those playseats sit very nice ;)

Update:
An overbank has been built, and it is not a 180* turning overbank because it is a 270* turning overbank ;) The overbank is 5 granites tall and it makes it over with a nice speed. Please comment!!

Overview:
Posted Image
Overbanked turn:
Posted Image
Banking:
Posted Image
Cross-over with dive onder base:
Posted Image

Please comment, and enjoy!

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#31 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

That is what I meant. I thought that a wingover was a overbank for inverts. But, It looks awesome!

#32 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

very awesome, cant wait for more results

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#33 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

This looks incredible! The only thing that I can point out is that in the first picture at the top of the overbank, there is a dip in the track in between the supports.

Posted Image

#34 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

The supports look really weird. At least it makes it smooth and the look strong so you know there working. Good luck I really want to see this finished. Is there going to be a video with this?

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#35 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

That is what I meant. I thought that a wingover was a overbank for inverts. But, It looks awesome!

Haha, okay, thanks man :D

very awesome, cant wait for more results

Look down and you'll see more :D

This looks incredible! The only thing that I can point out is that in the first picture at the top of the overbank, there is a dip in the track in between the supports.

Fixed ;)

The supports look really weird. At least it makes it smooth and the look strong so you know there working. Good luck I really want to see this finished. Is there going to be a video with this?

It's almost finished, and yes a vid will come :D

Update:
More track has been built, another element where i don't know the name from. A twist thing through the loop, and the start to the last turn. Actually the coaster is almost finished, but these pics were taken in the morning ;) so tomorrow 1 of the last updates, then we can finish + theme the coaster, because K is going to stay for 1 night here :)

Pics:

Overview:
Posted Image
Part that is built:
Posted Image
2x Twist:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well, thats it for today, please comment and enjoy!!

-=TK=-

Posted Image

#36 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

In the second pic, bottom right corner. The pullin to the little hill looks funny, fix that.

Other then that it looks amazing! One of the best tube supported inverts so far!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#37 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

so far it looks great except for the transition from the hill to the cork. Fix that and the cork will ook better too, it looks a little bit weird :S

Posted Image

#38 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

In the second pic, bottom right corner. The pullin to the little hill looks funny, fix that.

Other then that it looks amazing! One of the best tube supported inverts so far!

Actually I think this is just the best tubesupported invert so far...

It's looking really good TK!
^was right about the pullin though...
Also, wouldn't you make that hill a little higher?

-Suck.

#39 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

I'm loving this coaster great job. I love how it's so compact.

#40 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

This looks really good. I really love how this ride is turning out. Hopefully I could learn from this and try a tube supported coaster out someday...

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2010, flurry, jonnycoaster, mcc, winter