bases coaster dynamix scorpion selling tubes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Is there anyone out there looking to sell thier CD (scorpion) stuff?? I'm particularly interested in scorpion bases, the long 12" tubes, some 6" tubes, and any joints. I have plenty of flex spine and track (rail) and would even trade rail or spine (the nice yellow stuff) for some structure parts.

#2 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

I have a Scorpion that I am never going to use again. But if I do sell it, it would be sold whole. Not in parts. If you need parts, go to CD's website. I think you can buy parts there.

KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#3 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

I've been to their website and while you can get alot of stuff, the certain things I am looking for they don't sell online. I will gladly take that whole scorpion off your hands, i am located in the US. Just name a price.

#4 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Well thats kinda the thing. I don't know how much these go for. And I'm not sure I can sell it. If anyone would like to share how much used scorpions go for, I would love it.

My scorpion have been build once. was up for a year. In a house with pets (Dogs and cats). The reason I took it down was I could not get it running. Pet hair kept getting in the cars. And they never made the full track exept for about a 2 weeks in which I had spent like 4 hours taking all the cars apart, and cleaning them. And I had to wash them, becouse the silicone spray I put on them made the hair stick worse.

KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#5 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

you know, that really turns me off of buying it, however, I still would because I have a new train. All I really need badly is the bases and support structure, so as long as they are intact I could just wash the pet hair off 'em! (lol). Seriously, a new scorpion cost about $200. At Ebay auction they would go as high as 175 used. If you'd like to name a fair price I would still buy it off you. Get a second opinion of course...any help here??

It's funny that you said that about the silicone spray, I live in a house with 2cats and the silicone made the hair stick real bad to the lift spring on my phoenix.

#6 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

Help needed here! Does anyone even check this forum?? Please, if you know coaster Dynamics stuff and are familiar with thier prices, give us a second opinion on the value of a used Scorpion set.

#7 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

I'd estimate 60% of the new price if in excellent condition, 40-60% otherwise.

#8 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

thank you, that sounds about right to me also.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bases, coaster dynamix, scorpion, selling, tubes