• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#1 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

Posted Image

Well, I'm back in action and I decided to start my winter coaster for this year. I am basing the ride off Bobsled and Luge since I just got back from a trip to an Olympic Training Center to train for Luge. I decided the closest thing you'll get to doing Bobsled is a suspended coaster, so here we are today. It will have an suspended coaster with an incredible first drop like Alpengeist's. Blurry pictures!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment! I will have better pics next time! Be Harsh!

Posted Image

#2 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

Looks cool. Hey, what happened to Turbine!? He he he.......

Formally RK500

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

Good luck! Just try not to lose all your speed on that first drop ;)

#4 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

Not much to comment on yet. But so far the shaping looks good. And make sure you support the drop ALOT. It will shake if you don't.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#5 W-e-s-l-e-y

W-e-s-l-e-y

Knex Builder

• 77 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

The supports are looking a bit weird for an inverted...

#6 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

Well, i have built the full drop and i am now working on the pullout. This coaster will still be suspended, but i was thinking about a corkscrew somewhere in here. IDK, just an idea for later. I have a couple elements in mind that i want to put in here that will make the ride look great. Here's the drop.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Comment! Be Harsh!

Posted Image

#7 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

I would recommend building the lift first. It will make your structure a lot stirdier, so you can know how much speed you have left.
The coaster looks good, nice drop.
I would need a video te see if its stirdy...

-Suck.

#8 finrollercoaste09

finrollercoaste09

Comming soon Typhoon X!!!

• 316 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 phatpug77

phatpug77

Tear down The Wall!

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

Nice drop!
I do agree with SUCK. Suspended coasters are infamous for losing speed very quickly, and a full lift structure would help.
Other than that, it looks great!

Posted Image

#10 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

I would guess that it is cold down there with that wimpy door.

Edit: Do an "overbank" like on Flight Deck at Kings Island. I know it is not an overbank, but i dont know what to call it.

Posted Image

#11 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Quote: phatpug77: I do agree with SUCK. Suspended coasters are infamous for losing speed very quickly, and a full lift structure would help.

I'm going to make this a suspended as of now and would lie to keep it that way. If all fails and the cars are loosing all speed, i will change to an inverted coaster. But the cars are weighted an the bottoms of the train, and i think that counts for some speed.

Quote: SuperTkdkid:Edit: Do an "overbank" like on Flight Deck at Kings Island.

I was thinking of using one of those, but it would turn out really weird and misshapen, but i have a great element in mind after the drop...

Update!

Nothing much has been built, but i like how his is turning out and i think this will be my best coaster yet! I have the pullout and the suspended cars made. Besides that, i have tomorrow for school, and then i have the whole week off! So i will get a ton of building done in that week. Pics of the pullout and cars that are actually nice quality...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Best pic ever!
Posted Image

Comment! Be Harsh!

Posted Image

#12 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

Looks cool!

I like your Rip-Stick.....

EDIT: I see striaght spots and sharp spots.

Formally RK500

#13 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

I see a few bumps in the 5th pic down in the pullout. otherwise looks great. Got your layout planned out?

#14 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

I think it would look better with more banking at the bottom, but other than that it's gorgeous!

#15 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

I think it would look better with more banking at the bottom, but other than that it's gorgeous!

So about the banking...

How do you think it should be banked at the bottom? Should it be banked at 45 degrees all the way to the bottom? Or should it be slightly banked all he way to the transfer. I'm having a tough time understanding what to do with the banking. Otherwise, thanks!

Posted Image

#16 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

It may be a swinging suspended but it still needs banking put that pullout at 35-35*

Hey, you've got a ripstick!
Do this to it.

#17 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

The track is looking very good. Indeed it could use some more banking, like said before.
Your supports look neat, but I hope they are sturdy enough to prevent shaking. Well, I'm sure you'll keep an eye on that.
Third thing is the name of the ride. I wouldn't call this Bobsled, it appears really confusing to me. At first I thought you were going to try a real bobsled type of coaster.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#18 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

It may be a swinging suspended but it still needs banking put that pullout at 35-35*

Hey, you've got a ripstick!
Do this to it.

^Lol, I beat you to the comment about the Rip-Stick. Any layout plans Jumpge? I'm really good at layouts.

Formally RK500

#19 Jonny

Jonny

Lead Engineer

• 1648 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

Looks like this is based of of Steel's Condor invert that was cancelled. I think that a little banking at the bottom wouldn't hurt and for some reason this coaster style doesn't seem for suspended cars.

#20 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Shaping is OK. A few straight spots and bumps. not really that hard to pick out. But your support to track connections are really bad. In pic 5 the supports are really far from the structure. I would be suprised if the whild thing fell over because of the weak supports. also what is up with your weights. They look weird. You said to be harsh and i felt some people wern't harsh enough.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: over banked turn, turn, woodie