I305(trackless pics)

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#41 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Okay, I finished the turn and first half of the second hill. I like the shaping, but I'm sure you guys will point out a few problems. What I'm really happy about is the speed, and remember, the train in the test video is 4 cars and unweighted.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Test video:
Posted Image

#42 colintaylor

colintaylor

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

This looks perfect to me. Your speed is phenomenal!

EDIT: By the way, what does 'IMO' mean?

#43 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

In My Opinion.^
IMHO is the same, but with H being Honest.

Posted Image

#44 colintaylor

colintaylor

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

In My Opinion.^
IMHO is the same, but with H being Honest.

Thank you :)

#45 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Looks pretty good, although not as strong as I would have liked. Are these cars weighted?

Edit: you caugh me. I see that they are unweighted. I suggest a stronger radii turn. Also you can connect the radii in the center like how steel did in the pre-Steel Force build. http://www.sscoaster...767/index3.html

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#46 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

I'm surprised that you retained that much speed--props on that. Hopefully when you weight your cars they will go even faster. But go easy on the weights, too much could actually make it lose more speed by bending the supports.

#47 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:52 PM

Wow. That's some fancy "train juggling". It looks even cooler in 3rd person.
As stεεl said, your speed is very good.
Only thing I can see: Are you going to have enough room for this?

#48 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:32 AM

I305 got a 'new' turn:

Have you thought about building this one?
It might be an option, but it is OK to me if you just continue with the 'old' turn, the one you have now. Shaping looks great!

Posted Image

#49 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

Speed looks great, you might actually finish this!

Posted Image

#50 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

you dont look like a old hag int that video. ;) Anywho the 'new' drop might give more speed but if it makes it right now i would keep it. Adding more supports to that turn put some rods into the 3ds or something but more supports are needed if you weight the train.

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#51 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

Looks great! I wouldn't bother with the new turn, your speed looks goos as well.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#52 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Looks really nice, as well as your speed, (it might be a little too late) but I think your pull-in is a little too rushed in the end compared to the actual ride. It really isn't that rushed, but more gradual and starts when the turn is a little off parallel to the lift, which quite a bit earlier than you have it right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

This looks perfect to me. Your speed is phenomenal!

EDIT: By the way, what does 'IMO' mean?

Thank you.

Looks pretty good, although not as strong as I would have liked. Are these cars weighted?

Edit: you caugh me. I see that they are unweighted. I suggest a stronger radii turn. Also you can connect the radii in the center like how steel did in the pre-Steel Force build. http://www.sscoaster...767/index3.html

Supports will be added as needed, but for now I would like to keep the trains unweighted just so the uncompleted 2nd hill structure doesn't go through too much stress.

I'm surprised that you retained that much speed--props on that. Hopefully when you weight your cars they will go even faster. But go easy on the weights, too much could actually make it lose more speed by bending the supports.

Thanks, and I hope the weighted trains will tear over that hill.

Wow. That's some fancy "train juggling". It looks even cooler in 3rd person.
As stεεl said, your speed is very good.
Only thing I can see: Are you going to have enough room for this?

Yeah, at least I'm 95% sure about the space. The outermost part of the layout is the end of the first turn, and I have room for that. I have plenty of space on the other side of the lift for the rest of the layout.

I305 got a 'new' turn:

Have you thought about building this one?
It might be an option, but it is OK to me if you just continue with the 'old' turn, the one you have now. Shaping looks great!

1. The new turn would just suck up more pieces and
2. I think the original turn looks better.

Speed looks great, you might actually finish this!

I know, I was really happy with the speed once I got it going that fast.

you dont look like a old hag int that video. ;) Anywho the 'new' drop might give more speed but if it makes it right now i would keep it. Adding more supports to that turn put some rods into the 3ds or something but more supports are needed if you weight the train.

Like I said before, supports will be added if the need arises. Right now I wouldn't want to risk stressing the current structure too much.

Looks great! I wouldn't bother with the new turn, your speed looks goos as well.

Thanks!

Looks really nice, as well as your speed, (it might be a little too late) but I think your pull-in is a little too rushed in the end compared to the actual ride. It really isn't that rushed, but more gradual and starts when the turn is a little off parallel to the lift, which quite a bit earlier than you have it right now.
[image removed]

Odd, I thought it looked pretty accurate compared this picture, which I was using as a reference (compare this to the 3rd pic in the update)
http://rcdb.com/4520.htm?p=24557
http://rcdb.com/4520.htm?p=24557
Plus, if I started the pullin earlier, the hill wouldn't cross under the lift at the right point.

#54 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Good news: more Timmy for all of us!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I laid out the rest of the ride in masking tape, it should all go well....
Posted Image

Test video (still unweighted):
Posted Image

Bad news: I am literally almost completely out of granites, save for a few strays lying around the floor. I really need a big lot of knex to continue on...

#55 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

So far i think your good as long as you get more parts loving it so far!

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#56 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

YOU. BETTER. NOT. CANCEL. THIS. OR. I'll get my little lamb buddies to take you out and force you to rebuild this (with all the parts you need) blindfolded with one hand. You would not be fed until you finish and element, and the blindfold wouldn't come off until you finished half the ride; it'll be off for 10 minutes, then it will be put back on until you finish it, and you will have 5 hours a day to sleep.

OR you could use possibly x2 whites maybe or go on ebay, but it's your choice. Tell me when you're ready to get mobbed by little lambs and they'll be there as quick as you could say, "OHAI!"

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#57 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

Don't worry, the thought of cancelling disgusts me. I just need to buy more pieces.

#58 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

Good.

"sorry little lamb buddies, maybe someone else..."

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#59 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

The hill is way to steep and sharp. Look at this picture:

Posted Image

And I think the turn to the left of the bin is way to small too. But other than that its good!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#60 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

Your drop is too steep and the pullout is too early. It should be pulling out during the turn.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300