Night Fury (major construction 5/20/2014)

b&m dive machine outerlimits659 scythe

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#1 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

Press Release:

After the Park's completion of Basilisk Rail, and a complete redesign of the park area and rides, the permit for expansion has been cleared. The expansion will double the available space for the park. The new space, will facilitate several flat rides that were moved to make space for Basilisk Rail. The swing ride and also the octopus ride are in their last stages of remodification, and once the area is cleared these rides will be returned for action at the park. The new expansion will also feature other rides, while not all the rides have been released at this point, there will be a coaster introduced.

Posted Image

The park has now officially confirmed the construction of a new coaster Night Fury. The construction will be under the direction of Ickus. Ickus was availible for a brief interview and stated that the coaster will be a slow undertaking as some new designs are being used. Ickus also suggested that the coaster will have a large influence in design from two B&M coasters that are currently in the works by B&M (taking separate influential pieces from each ride). Though the final layout is not being released at this point, Ickus also made suggestion of a possible Vekoma inspired elemented. Ickus stated "This will be a truly unique ride."

Construction has started and so far the lift has been completed. While the chain does work, some modifications are still needed and an additional motor is needed. As problems were found in one.

Enough talk here are the pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ickus305, 20 May 2014 - 02:39 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

Wow... LOVE the colors!! Nothing i have to complain about. How did you get so many pieces?

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#3 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

Ickus, marry me! You seem to like those tensions wheels I once helped you with :D

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

Holy crap, thats amazing! Your color coding makes it look amazing. May I ask were you got the long blue rods in the tube supports?

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#5 colintaylor

colintaylor

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

Yea, How the heck did you mnage to get all those color coded pieces?

#6 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Wow, that is probably the best color scheme I have ever seen done with knex, ever. The crest looks very nice and exactly the same as a B&M ride would have, and the elements should really be surprising. (I have a good idea of what the element is, but I am not going to say anything and see if I end up getting it right)
*Subscribed*

Posted Image

#7 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'm really fighting the need to say "HOLY CRAPMUFFINS" because this is the norm for you... still amazing

The colored rods are from the Starburst Spinner set right? or did you color them yourself?
Nice gearing, I can't wait for what you have next

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#8 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

The blue rods are probably from the Starburst Spiner.

I have to agree with them. Your colors and coasters are amazing, ickus305!

I think that the name fits more of a flyer. Just a suggestion. ;)

Formally RK500

#9 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

Love the colors! Great choice of colors! I can already tell this is going tob be a great coaster!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#10 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

8 posts in 2 hours, man you guys are fast.

scott
Re: Night Fury
Wow... LOVE the colors!! Nothing i have to complain about. How did you get so many pieces?

Thanks, I love the colours also. I spend a lot of time on E-bay and going to garage sales, thrift stores, etc etc.

Maxlaam
Ickus, marry me! You seem to like those tensions wheels I once helped you with

Max, I will keep my sarcastic comment to myself as I am afraid some people may take it out of context.

Yes, the tension wheels are amazing, and thank you for the help with them the first time!

pianoman910
Yea, How the heck did you mnage to get all those color coded pieces?
Today 06:29 PM
Knexrule11
Holy crap, thats amazing! Your color coding makes it look amazing. May I ask were you got the long blue rods in the tube supports?

Again, I search and hunt for parts non-stop. I have been collecting for this color coding since Jan.
The blue rods are from the StarBurst Spinner, as I believe it is the only set that has the blue rods (at least blue rods in a significant amount)

Jumpge
Wow, that is probably the best color scheme I have ever seen done with knex, ever. The crest looks very nice and exactly the same as a B&M ride would have, and the elements should really be surprising. (I have a good idea of what the element is, but I am not going to say anything and see if I end up getting it right)
*Subscribed*

Yay, a comment that actually gave me some info. I was very worried about the crest. The crest of what I am looking at for the lift into the drop is actually longer and more shallow, but I could not get the train to go over when I had it that way, so I did raise it some.

Also, the supports for the lift are inspired by the first B&M in progress that gave me some inspiration. The Incredible Hulk. ** Edit: The Green Lantern**

Cedars650258516
I'm really fighting the need to say "HOLY CRAPMUFFINS" because this is the norm for you... still amazing

The colored rods are from the Starburst Spinner set right? or did you color them yourself?
Nice gearing, I can't wait for what you have next

Well that is a new word??? But yes, I do like to colour code. Though it is a MAJOR PAIN sometimes. The long black rods are near impossible to find, and accumulate more than 1 or 2 at a time. Also, I had to get the one way purples from Europe, as I was struggling to find any in bulk stateside (though I did get them cheap, even after shipping).

I did not dye or paint. Actually, unless I feel I absolutely have to I do not like to permanently change a piece. I did modify some pieces on Basilisk's station (but they were already broken). Also, I do modify the trains and also my gears. I take the lip off of the red gears that pass a train with the chain to help with clearance, and also the grey gears are supposed to be crown gears, but I had to remove the teeth to allow the chain to fit.

Speaking of modifications, I am working on a serious modeling effort for the final trains.

RollerKid500
The blue rods are probably from the Starburst Spiner.

I have to agree with them. Your colors and coasters are amazing, ickus305!

I think that the name fits more of a flyer. Just a suggestion.

The name will fit, do not worry. The main layout concept is inspired by a flyer. And the Vekoma inspired element is typically only found on suspended coasters. (I say typically just in-case I'm wrong)

Kool Coaster Kid
Love the colors! Great choice of colors! I can already tell this is going tob be a great coaster!

Thanks

Building maybe slow....
I hope to get some building accomplished, but I have many other things I'm supposed to be doing instead of building currently at the museum, and also, I am still doing some part collecting, so that I can finish things in the colour code. I know I have enough for at least 3/4's (if not more) of the layout currently.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 griffon14

griffon14

Drum line captain

• 1517 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

My jaw doesn't drop very often, you've improved so much man. This will look amazing beside Basilisk.

Future member of the UNCC Drumline

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intimidator 305
Milf - Maverick - TTD - Dimondback - Griffon - Intimidator - Alpengist - Dominator - Thunderhead

#12 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

It's good to hear that Basilisk Rail was such a big success. Another coaster is great news! That lift simply oozes B&M. Right down to the chain-return. And the colors look beautiful.

I hope the issue with the motor gets resolved. Really looking forward to following this.

*Wow, so many subscriptions this month...*

#13 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Holy macaroni and cheese!!

Very cool colors blending everything!

My jaw drop with my eyes and I melted.

Help.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

Epic colors FTW! Really, You are setting a new level of realism to the world of knex.

And gump, Are you sure this guy didn't steal some of your parts?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#15 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Scratch what I said earlier. A Winglider whould fit the name best.

Formally RK500

#16 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

I know it seems like we're overdoing the praise, but this coaster deserves it. When I saw the picture I said out loud "THAT IS BEAUTIFUL"--really, it must have taken a lot of effort to get all those colors to match up. It looks so much better than when people just use whatever color rods are closest at hand.

You're very privileged to get to leave your coasters up permanently. Can I have your job please?

Actually, your lift spine looks bent in some places, like around the first and second tubes. Thankfully it's an easy fix, just adjust the length of the tubes.

#17 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

Epic colors FTW! Really, You are setting a new level of realism to the world of knex.

And gump, Are you sure this guy didn't steal some of your parts?

He ain't gonna steal, Gump has a super strong 25 layered vault where he put his knex and sometimes he forgot his code, just kidding.

Maybe he really has a lot of pieces and maybe he has a knex factory.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

Your color choices are orgasmic...

The shaping looks beautiful as always.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#19 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Looks incredible, love the colors. What's the layout? Secret?

Posted Image

#20 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

Seriously, I'm already in love with those colours. Give a bit more attention to shaping this time and it'll be perfect :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m, dive machine, outerlimits659, scythe