Night Fury (major construction 5/20/2014)

b&m dive machine outerlimits659 scythe

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#81 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:13 AM

Shaping is very good, so just stabilize it in whatever ways possible to avoid any shaking if there even is any in that loop. I just don't want to see the thing shaking like crazy when it is a beautiful element.

Posted Image

#82 W-e-s-l-e-y

W-e-s-l-e-y

Knex Builder

• 77 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

^^^^ Blue rods are from the old Starburst Spinner (or something) set.
Nais shaping, it looks awesome so far. Reminded me of a 4D coaster somehow..

Discord: Wesley#2400

#83 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

your next coaster could be with orange rods

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#84 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

^shhh don't give away my plans.... :)

RNB: I used all my brown ladders for the ferris wheel, the oranges are just temps till I get more brown in.

Ok soo, got some work done. Fully supported (not much movement at all!!), and it just barely makes it thru, so by the time this gets some run time in on it, it'll make it beautifully. I took the pictures and noticed one or two spots to fix, but overall it is done!!

Any ideas on what to do next? I was thinking maybe an immelmann and then maybe a rising turn into an MCRB?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, I am going to be moving Night Fury out of the lobby for awhile, because the museum has two major conventions coming up shortly, so I will be unable to build for a little while. But do not worry, things will completed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#85 MichaelG

MichaelG

Architect

• 504 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

In the second to last picture the pull out has a big straight spot in it. Other than that I think it is great!

:EDIT: Also, halfway throught the main drop it seems to have a large straight spot as well.

#86 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

please, don't add a MCBR, i don't really like it on coasters like this.
I don't now what you should take next, but make it twisty, and loopy!

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#87 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

Looking very good with supporting and shaping so far on this ride. The clean look of the color scheme and the sheer smoothness of the track impresses me, and the rest of the layout I hope will amaze me.

Posted Image

#88 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

That is the best tube supported coaster ever!!

#89 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

^It's good, but I wouldn't say better (in order to keep GUMP happy :P )

I kinda say that an MCRB would be good to have going through what you have now, but I'd add another element or two before you consider getting it.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#90 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Okay, Haven't been following this, but his is incredible. I'm impressed at the color scheme, as well as the shaping and supporting. I can't wait to see the rest of the layout. Please continue, nothing's wrong.

Posted Image

#91 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

I don't think an immelmann should come next, since the previous 3 inversions are so similar. Maybe a twisting element, like a large corkscrew?

#92 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

Maybe go for the MCBR first then add a different inversion other than the ones you used.

Anyways the coaster is getting better and better, I love the color scheme.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 Mikecoastermaniac

Mikecoastermaniac

Where'd He Go?

• 1770 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

I think a dive loop will fit very well with the flow.
Do one of those to the right, have it come down into a rising turn-around then MCBR then S dive down into interlocking corks. Simple layout, Will look amazing
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Watch My Coasters!

http://youtube.com/u...CoasterCreation

MaXair732865 (9:31:57 PM): seriously, i need a really compact layout
TehMike23 (9:32:07 PM):drop, loop, diveloop, zero-g, up into break run, helix..
MaXair732865 (9:32:12 PM): im not going to post this, dont worry
TehMike23 (9:32:15 PM): cockscrew, then station
MaXair732865 (9:32:28 PM): cockscrew? what the hell is that?
MaXair732865 (9:32:44 PM): sexuall? Innuendo much?
MaXair732865 (9:32:55 PM): Dang
TehMike23 (9:33:06 PM): ahahahah

My Top 5 Coasters
1-Maverick
2-Top Thrill Dragster
3-Millenium Force
4-Griffon
5-Apollos Chariot

#94 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:14 AM

^looks good to me :). There are a few sharp and straight spots in the pull out, this might be the cause of wrong layering of your grays, not sure though ;).

Posted Image

#95 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

I think a dive loop will fit very well with the flow.
Do one of those to the right, have it come down into a rising turn-around then MCBR then S dive down into interlocking corks. Simple layout, Will look amazing
Posted Image

Alright, but make the MCBR parallel to the lift, and before the interlocking corks make a drop underneath the lift, and after them a turn to the 'current' side of the lift, into the brakes.

#96 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

Mikecoastermaniac: I like the dive loop idea, but how about wrapping around the first drop and doing the MCBR thru or around the lift supports. Then from there I would like to do a flat-spin, and maybe a helix or something and then a heart line, before a brake run, into the station

RNB & Kev: we'll see what happens, but I would like to use an MCBR, in hopes of maybe someday (who knows if ever) using a blocking system. this will be like BR and be up for a long period of time after it is finished.

timonator: I said it in the BR thread also. There are a lot of things I am learning while I am building, and a lot of other better coasters on this site. And w/o those before me, this would not be possibly. I do appreciate the enthusiasm, but I have a long way to go.

steel and ham:
I know the first drop and the drop out of the SSR roll look similar and I like the effect a lot, but yes I would like to use something that looks different now :)

maarten12: yes it does in a few spots, and I will re-layer the greys once I extend the track work, right now things aren't supported fully and they shifted some..opps

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#97 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

Can you please make a test video?

Posted Image

#98 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

Whenever MCM appears from nowhere to advise.. follow it.

I think MCM's plan would look good, but it's your coaster, so do what you want ;)

#99 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

Okay, I know I'm appearing from nowhere and am not adding anything to the suggestions, but I must say that James, your coasters are the most aesthetically pleasing works I have seen, in terms of color coordination/theme and supporting. Excellent attention to detail, sir.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#100 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

I agree very good color scheme.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&amp;m, dive machine, outerlimits659, scythe