Night Fury (major construction 5/20/2014)

b&m dive machine outerlimits659 scythe

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#61 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

I knew it was going to be a Sea-serpent roll, and I love the way it has turned out on this! Only things are the bottom of the pullout looks a bit too sharp for a transition point between two elements, and the random straight spots. As you said, you weren't finished cleaning those up, so I am fine about that and am sure that you will easily be able to do that. Otherwise, love the dive and the roll.

Posted Image

#62 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

I would like to see the valley deeper than it is. It just doesn't look right there for a sit-down.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#63 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Nice work. I would love to see this finished, so cancel it ever!

BTW, it's called a boomberang.

Formally RK500

#64 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

Nice work. I would love to see this finished, so cancel it ever!

BTW, it's called a batwing.

That is not a batwing. This is:
Vortex (Kings Island)

Posted Image

#65 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

That looks amazing! What makes it even better is the colour scheme! Your amazing Ickus!

#66 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

Amazing layout, amazing colorscheme! There's one point that's bad right now:
Posted Image
At the point where the support hits the track (where the track just has roll-over to not-inverted) the track should be more down, there's a bump in it right now.

Move on!

#67 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

I think the twist between the half-loops should be lower, as if you cut a Corkscrew in two, and arranged it the other way around, so entering from the halfway mark and dropping down.

I really can't explain stuff.. xD

Imagine you had two cobra-rolls that were cut in half and stuck together in opposite ways.

#68 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

My mouth cant be further more open then know (imagine how it looks :P)
The collors are awesome and i love the shape.

Posted Image

#69 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

Wow that took awhile to find the thread so I could make an update. I was on page 3... Ouch :)

Ok so, I wanted to get some feedback so I can build tomorrow and finish the SS roll.

I am liking the looks of this much better, then how I had it previously, but I want to make sure others agree before I finish things up.

I realize it has some bumps and straights, (I have to reset many a flexie). But I re-did my supports to mimic B&M better, and reshapped the pull in, the first half of the roll, and also lowered the valley. I will make the center supports once I have my shaping done, so that I can correctly match the height of the support to the track. And just incase it is not obvious the second half of the SS roll is not really supported very well, just generally in position this makes it much easier to fix.

So feedback please, so I can build some more :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you for the help. I think something looks fine, but for me I need an outside source to actually do it right.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#70 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

I can only spot ONE thing wrong with it

Posted Image

hahahaha anyway It looks nice, still looks cool. You must like a lot of inversions in your roller coasters haha.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#71 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

The valley's radius looks inconsistent.

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#72 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

The SS roll looks fine to me, but there is a sharp area halfway down the drop.

EDIT: If I were you I'd add a support here too.

EDIT2: VVV That includes me :D

#73 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

Fancy, but unless you support the valley a bit more it will start to misshape the entire element. Or you need a seriously strong backbone.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

For the valley, There will be a minimum or 1 support, but probably 2. (depends on the spacing when I get to it.)
This was just to double check that general shaping is correct. Before I actually spend a lot of time to get it to work correctly tomorrow, and then find out, I screwed it all up :).
because before the roll was too tight and the valley was way too shallow.

Thanks Eggo, I will work on the radius a bit more.

Cedars650258516: seriously, with all of that going on, how did you notice that rod, was out of place??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#75 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

James, you don't have any idea how much kids are getting jealous because of you ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Do you really plan on building this whole coaster without taking your other one down? you must have a ton of knex

#77 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

Looks really good, but the orange clips on one support irritates me. Please change them into black ones!

#78 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

Did i miss something? this whole thread so far. I tried to read as much as i could...but where did these blue long rods on the tubes come from?? Awesome colors dude. Your tubes do rock. And all blue tubing now? Someone has a S#!tload of Knex!!

-CD33

Posted Image

#79 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:22 AM

^includes me too, I really love the shaping (and of course the colours :P), it's improving!

Posted Image

#80 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

That's amazing, your second attempt (posted attempt) at the element and it's near perfect.. O_O

Support the valley and maybe fiddle with the curve on the valley. But otherwise, it's beautiful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m, dive machine, outerlimits659, scythe