Park Advice Thread

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

Thanks guys for the tips. I'm not sure if we will be there at 10 since aer are leaving my house at about 8 and its a 2 hour drive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

Push to leave a little earlier. It'll be worth it.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#23 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Going to SFGAdv the last week of July. I'm thinking I will need 2 days there?

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#24 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

Dude.
Holy crap.
We have like the exact same plan. 2 days in the last week of July.

#25 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

I was thinking the 26th and 27th (Tuesday and Wednesday).

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#26 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

I'm going Monday and Tuesday.

#27 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

^For you two. Go to Kingda Ka first, if you get there right at the opening, you might be able to get on in half to a full hour. Then I would probably go to GL, Superman, and Toro in that order. Also try to get on Batman either in the morning or evening, a lot of its queue is indoors and you will pretty much get cooked in there. After that, it's your call. Nitro & Bizzaro have had pretty nice waits under an hour anytime we went to them. Also try to work in at least another ride on KK, Nito, & Toro, they're the best rides there ;).

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#28 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

We may be going to canada's wonderland this summer. I want to go on Behemoth for shure, but I dont know what elce to go on. When would be the best time to go on behemoth for shortest lines, and what other coasters/ rides are a must?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#29 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

Ride Time Warp for the credit, then never again. But really, ride everything at least once, especially with your coaster count. For you, just get the experience.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#30 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

^^I was there last week. It was a thursday, and all rides were walkons. Even Behemoth. But yes, just try to boost your coaster count. Ride everything once, and then Hop on Behemoth for a few circuits.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#31 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Ha, that sounds great, but just in case, is therw any fastpasses you can buy?

And actuley, I now have a bigger coaster cound, I just havent updated it since I got back from Florida. I will go do that now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#32 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

I am unsure on what day I'm going to SFMM, but I want to know what the best plan is to get the most rides on the best coasters there. I know August is the busiest season so I need your help. (steel, any advice?)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#33 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

We have decided to go to Laronde in montreal now. What good rides are there, I want to go on Goliath for shure. Other coasters I would like to go on is Monstre, Cobra, Vampire, Ednör, Tobogan Nordique and Super Manège Also, should I buy a fast pass?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

#34 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

Just wondering, any reason for the park change? Because it's closer?

SSCoasters Staff

#35 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

Ok, so in a couple weeks I may be going to SFGAM , so I would appreciate some tips from anybody. I really have no idea how to work through the park...

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#36 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

Can Someone please give me the lowdown on SFMM. I really want to get the most rides possible.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#37 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Ok, so in a couple weeks I may be going to SFGAM , so I would appreciate some tips from anybody. I really have no idea how to work through the park...

-OL659-

For great america I usually start at Raging Bull, its best in the front or back row, and then go to Viper right after I get off. Ride Viper in the back car and you get good airtime over all of the hills. Then pick a side and start to go down towards the front of the park. The lines this year havent been very long, especialy when the water park is open. So if you dont plan to go to the water park do the rides like Superman, Batman, and V2 while itis open. For some reason on batman people will forget about the very last row so look there if you dont ride in the front which is by far the best. Those usually have the longest and slowest moving lines. So you wait a long time for all 3. Raging Bull will always have a long line but it eats people so it moves fast. For some reason dark knight always has a long line and you spend most of that not moving inside a metal tube. Its just about the only ride you relly dont have to go on. Iron Wolf never has line. It is kind of painful, but you might want to go on since this might be its last year. Whizzer is a lot of fun but has a long line since all of the families love it. The line is usually shortest around lunch. Demon has a median wait most of the time. I will be going monday. I'll try to type up a trip report when I get back.

#38 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

^^When I went on a Monday the lines wern't that long. Ask ~stεεlspectrum~, he'll know.

^Letr me tell ou something: that was goo info a few days ago, not today. Raging Bull was the first thing I did, but after that, my route was completely different. ;)

This was the thread that would of be helpful few days ago... the line where horrible there... even a kiddie coaster line...

Formally RK500

#39 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

^Really how long dd you have to wait? Ususally its not that bad.

#40 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

^V2 was an hour, Batman's looked long (and I ran out of time so I didn't get to ride it), and Superman's line was two hours. The watermark rides line started at the bottom of them (even Skull Island's)!

EDIT: Can I come? :D

Formally RK500