Park Advice Thread

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

V2 and Superman always have the longest lines. I never go in the water park so I have no clue about those.

#42 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

I will be headed to Kennywood here soon. It will be on a Sunday we may only invest in the night rider passes. What would be the best plan of attack to get all the major rides done in time? Thanks

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#43 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:14 AM

Okay, I'm going to Chessington WoA sometime this month, my annual pass lets me fast track rides after 3pm. My goals are:

Dragon's Fury, multiple times
Black Buccaneer, multiple times
Vampire once
Kobra, multiple times
Runaway Train, once.
And if I'm feeling it, Rameses Revenge once. /wimp

#44 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

So I'll be at Cedar Point monday, I know how to work the park but I was wondering what kind of wait times to expect for the early entry at 9:00. I'm staying at sand castle so that means I can get in early. The main two I want to know about are the times for MF and Maverick. Anyone know?

#45 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

Next friday I am going to SFMM. My parents aren't very smart and planned Friday to be our day there. Can someone tell me which rides are best and worth the wait for? From what I see, I might only get 6-8 rides in.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#46 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Somthing came up, and we have to go next year, but we are going to canadas wonderland again... Now, I imagin that there will be alot of people there because of the new coaster, but I dont really know what are good ride times. I imagin that Behemoth will be shorter lines. I would like to go on the new one at the end of the day, but if the line is shortest in the morning, I might have to go then...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#47 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Leviathan is going to change the whole scheme of the park, just as Behemoth did. My prediction (off DBack's opening year) is that Leviathan will be busiest in the morning and early evening. Avoid most of the crowd, start with Behemoth and work around the park clockwise. While the crowd should mostly be going counter-clockwise, you will meet it somewhere around Vortex or the Fly (12:30 PMish?). At that point, go back to the front and work back on the other side of the park (don't forget to pick up Top Gun and Time Warp at some point).

But we know Leviathan will be a line eater with 3 trains of 32 seats. So I don't think during the summer the line should get over an hour except maybe a Saturday.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#48 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

Well, doesn't look like I'll make it to Canada's Wonderland this summer. My girlfriend has only one week off school and that week lines up with my family vacation (typical right?). The GF and I also wanted to make a Toronto visit more than just a weekend trip, so that's not happening this year. With that out of the options, Holiday World is a definite this year, Timberliners or not. And for the 4th time in 3 years, I will likely be going to Kings Dominion on the way to the Outer Banks vacation. Might be doing Busch Gardens instead, but with as expensive as Busch is and already having Platinum Passes, it's not likely. I'm also looking into one more weekend trip to somewhere close (6 hours away or so).

2012 Parks:
Kings Island
Cedar Point
Holiday World
Kings Dominion

Now for that second weekend trip, I'm not sure what to do. Here's a few options:

1. Go up to Pittsburgh and hit Kennywood and Waldameer, stay and go with a friend(s) in Cleveland. (4 hours to Cleveland)
2. Six Flags Great America (6 hours, $40 online), but we also want Chicago to be more than just a weekend trip.
3. Six Flags St. Louis (6 hours, $40 online), but I still need to hit all of the Missouri parks (Worlds of Fun and Silver Dollar City) and I think it would be better to do all 3 in one trip.
4. Dollywood (4.5 hours, $60). I've already been there, but Wild Eagle looks great and one could never get enough of Thunderhead. But also an expensive park.

So, what do you guys think?

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#49 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

going to bobbejaanland in Juni with school, we will be there around 11 AM should i go for inversions on typhoon or for max coasters and flatrides ( they have a enterprise where you lay down without cabin). and a lot of smaller coasters.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#50 RideOnKI

RideOnKI

BANNED

• 233 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Anyone got any advice on a trip to Holiday World?

Edited by RideOnKI, 16 May 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#51 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

^ Give yourself some time for Splashin Safari. It's a great water park.

It's funny how I say Holiday World is in my plans, but it never really makes it...

Anyway, why I'm really here, I need some help. The family vacation is coming up, and my parents like to let us go to one park somewhat along the way. Between Cincinnati and Hilton Head, SC, there's Six Flags over Georgia and Carowinds (Dollywood is too expensive for not a lot and I just went there). There are a few problems though: First is that we wouldn't get to either park until noon. Second is that it'll be a Friday with schools likely out (June 7th). SFOG closes at 7, Carowinds at 8. Given the whole Friday in summer situation, how do-able would SFOG be in 7 hours? Would I be able to get everything done?

Carowinds would be more of a leisure day, as there hasn't been a new coaster since I last went there in 2010 (coaster trip), and even my sister has everything but Intimidator (family vacation 2009). Plus it's free since we both have Cedar Fair Platinum Passes. Six Flags would be a little more stressful and not free, but it's a chance at new coasters and a new park for us.

SSCoasters Staff

#52 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

My cousin just got a KI season pass. Now he is bragging in my face about it. Well at least we get a discount when I go..

#53 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yesterday I went to Dollywood and it was a great park! If you can afford it and in the area, go there. The mountains are absolutely gorgeous and the park's ride are very good. Sure, there's only a few rides, but each one has something to make it special. Thunderhead's overall layout is so interesting, and with it's station fly through it becomes very cool. Words cannot describe Mystery Mine except crazy and very well themed. I didn't go on Tennessee Tornado, as they were replacing the brakes, but I've heard it's really nice. And Wild Eagle is well - it's a wing rider. Pretty musch self explanatory. ;)

Seriously, this park looks small but is great! If you want more time, go to the park after 3:00 PM and the next day is free (have your ticket though)!

But if this park doesn't interest you, go do one of the other millions of things in Pigeon Forge. The area is again - beautiful - you'll enjoy it!

(Not trying to write out a report, or advertise, just trying to point out the park. Most might pass it up due to prices and the size.)

Formally RK500

#54 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Going to Bobbejaanland this friday any advice on wich flatrides/coasters i have to do?
I know bob express and oki doki are pretty good rides.

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#55 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

Going to Dorney Park either this Sunday or Saturday. Is it usually crowded? It's been a few years since I've gone. I should go to either hydra or I think Phoenix.

#56 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

I don't think there is a ride there called Phoenix... The last time I went to Dorney park, the lines were so short that every ride was nearly a walk on. Granted, it wasn't the nicest day, but still very short lines from my experiences.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#57 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

I just posted a photo TR to Dorney on my blog if you are interested in that.

But to address your questions, Dorney never really gets that crowded. If you are spending a full day, you will have no problem getting on everything you want to ride.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#58 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, I remember that park was relatively small and uncrowded. But yeah it wasn't Phoenix it was talon I was thinking of. My aunt live a few minutes away so while we are visiting and dropping my sister off at college we decide to go. I'll probably be able to get a lot of rides in.

#59 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I'm going to get in my 10 year anticipated trip to SFGAd this fall break. In a few weeks, we plan on being at the park during a Friday in Fright Fest for as much time as possible, and spending the next whole day at the park. My goals: to ride every credit, and possibly make Kingda Ka my #125. After the trip, I hope to come home with a count of 134, and relief of the postponed trip.

Which order is best to ride each ride in the park? I want to try El Toro and Kingda Ka in the front, and I wouldn't mind any repeats later on. Zumanjaro is obviously a daytime ride, but what rides are best at night? If there is time left over, apart from repeat rides, i may do some Fright Fest activities.

Overall, my question is how to take advantage of each time of day, and the crowds during Fright Fest, especially at night. Will the lines shorten on the larger rides significantly?

Also, is there anyone in the area interested in going?

Edited by RollerManiac, 03 September 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Formally RK500

#60 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

Interested, but too busy. :( Kingda Ka right away. When I went, Kingda Ka was closed, and it was raining, but when we got there it was practically closed. We did Superman first, and Green Lantern next, which was the longest wait at 30 mins. Everything else had pretty much no line. It was a class trip and a lot of fun. (Though I did't get to go on every ride like 5 times, it was fun.) Bizarro was like the Comet @ Hershey Park, when its closing and everyone yells., "One more time," because there is no line and you go one again and again.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson