Orange Rush [ZS-Summer Heat]

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Poll: What type of layout do you think this will be? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What type of layout do you think this will be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

What type of layout do you think this will be?
Kirnu Design
Insane Design
Green Lantern SFMM Design

Custom Design

Um....... Insane and Green Lantern are the same.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#22 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

^Ooops, well I tried to but can't change it. Just ignore the Green Lanter Poll Part then.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#23 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

DP, but the station is finally at its finished size (hopefully). Yes, it uses lots of pieces, yes, so does the base, I know that. There's a reason for all of that and there's also a reason why I started the station first: everything else about the ride is above the station meaning harder to build when the coaster's finished.

[EDIT]: CPU acting up and photobucket not letting me log in, I'll try to get them on this post whenever I can. :/

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#24 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Well the station's finished (minus the roof and track), time to start making the supports but first lets get to some pictures!

Overview:
Posted Image

Station Close-up (Find anything interesting?? ;) ). If you're wondering why the yellow connectors, they're there as a reference for me so I know exactly where the track should line up so it's centered with the entrance and exit platforms.
Posted Image

[EDIT]: I don't know why these pics are sideways. They were taken normally and even photobucket has them the right way.

and just an overview of the station.
Posted Image

Now for all of you that have voted in this thread about the layout, it's probably time to reveal it. Now as you all can see, the most voted for poll is to make it a custom layout, well my original intentions were to actually go with the Kirnu Design, but apparently it's now been decided to make a custom layout which is still in the workings.

#25 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

It looks alright, but it is somewhat irrelevant. If you really want people to comment, you need bigger updates. As in trackwork.

#26 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

It looks alright, but it is somewhat irrelevant. If you really want people to comment, you need bigger updates. As in trackwork.

I'm simply posting to just get advice since this will be the base of the structure and everything will be off of it, and what do you mean by it being irrelevant?

EDIT: I see what you mean Kev (below) but if everyone read all the posts in the thread, I specifically say:

^Ooops, well I tried to but can't change it. Just ignore the Green Lanter Poll Part then.

Read all the posts then people, I already know that they're the same layout. I've been told, a lot.

#27 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Your poll,

insane and green lantern have the same lay out, I thought

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#28 mightbeawannabe

mightbeawannabe

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

^^What I believe he is saying there is that you're showing us bupkis. A base hardly ever needs to be critiqued because of its simplicity. What you have done is something like a realtor trying to sell a house with only a concrete basement and foundation.

Show us some of the real stuff like track, supports, etc. Not of the base. It's pretty hard to mess up a base enough so that you need help in getting it right. What you have is fine; move on!

#29 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

^Well I know the station's fine (and no one found the secret part), I just need to get working on the layout which I did announce and no one responded to or about.

Update (without pics): Supports are taking a lot of time to get to work, station's track should be in place tonight possibly if I can finish the base-tube connection. I also might have to buy some parts that I don't have enough of for the lift hill and brakes.

The layout is still in the working, but will look very similar to Kirnu because the coaster won't be very tall.

#30 MichaelG

MichaelG

Architect

• 504 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

I can tell what your secret is, just can't read it cos it is sideways and blurry :P

#31 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

I can tell what your secret is, just can't read it cos it is sideways and blurry :P

It's not something you can read, it's something you can see.

Starting the supports for the lift and final brake run, not very easy to hold in place... Layout will be posted in next update with lift hill supports (and possibly track).

#32 CCC

CCC

ChristianCoasterCreator

• 231 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:40 PM

For something to look at you might want to check out my old ZacSpin Elevate. Just dont copy my trains please. Cant wait to see how this turns out!

Coasters Are My Hobby
Jesus Is My Life

Posted Image

My YouTube Page

#33 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

For something to look at you might want to check out my old ZacSpin Elevate. Just dont copy my trains please. Cant wait to see how this turns out!

Well I hope you don't think that these look like yours!

----------

Here's my custom cars!!
Please don't use these cars until this coaster is finished!

Front View:
Posted Image

Side View:
Posted Image

The car design might change from now until the contest, but if so, it won't be too many changes.

Next update will hopefully have some of the structure or station track and lift. EDIT: The next update will not be for a week or so because I'll be at the beach (Ocean City, NJ) from the 25th to the 1st.

#34 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

I'm kind of bored of all the Zac Spins... Well, anyways it looks fine.

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#35 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Jersey Shore? :)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

I'm kind of bored of all the Zac Spins... Well, anyways it looks fine.

Then ignore them like a normal person can do and stop complaining about it on the thread and move on.

Jersey Shore? :)

Yeah, but I don't watch that.

Really? Only 2 comments!?!? (really, it's only one that was completely off topic and a complaint) I would have liked a bit more, but I'll see what happens in when I get back.

#37 mightbeawannabe

mightbeawannabe

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

Do you think you could get all 8 seats in, and use the 135 degree connectors as restrains, not as seats? That I'd like to see.

#38 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Do you think you could get all 8 seats in, and use the 135 degree connectors as restrains, not as seats? That I'd like to see.

The green connectors act as the seats, not the space in between them, so he does have all of the seats on there. Nice to see some cool cars as well as a station, but I really want to see some trackwork going on next update.

Posted Image

#39 mightbeawannabe

mightbeawannabe

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

^I see that, I'm saying, instead of using those as seats, double 'em and use them as restraints and make seats out of something else. That's what I said above.

I understand he's currently using them as seats. I suggested making different seats, using the 135 degree connectors as restraints. It doesn't look to be 8 seats because I wouldn't consider a seat a single piece in this case-I think it'd look nicer if he had 8 seats that looked like seats.

Am I making myself clear?

#40 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

I'll try to see what I can do this week when I'm not building the station and lift.

The green connectors act as the seats, not the space in between them, so he does have all of the seats on there. Nice to see some cool cars as well as a station, but I really want to see some trackwork going on next update.

Thanks, and yes the greens are the seats but the space inbetween is also supposed to represent the seats as well. That part of the cars will change. Trackwork will come for the next update which should be in a few days since I just got back from 6 days at the beach.

Well, after coming back from the 2 hour drive from Ocean City, NJ, I'm back to building since we're done un-packing. Next update will be in a few days, as I figure out how to make the station at the right height and the lift hill. :)