Knex VV B&M Hyper coaster: Thunder Slash update

eurofighter motor winter contest 2011

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: What should the coaster's new name be?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What should the coaster's new name be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hey guys! This is my coaster entry update #1 for the Fall Fallout contest. Remember, this is my FIRST contest entry and my second coaster. Hope I win!Pic.:Posted Image

Posted Image

This is so the chain dose NOT come off the track:
Posted Image

Update#2!
Posted Image
Comment, and be harsh!

In pieces logo thing

#2 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Everything looks great as far as I can tell! Could you get a close-up picture of your chain guide?

#3 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Everything looks great as far as I can tell! Could you get a close-up picture of your chain guide?

Sure! Is it made incorrectly from what you can see? Thanks for the reply!

In pieces logo thing

#4 sathothy

sathothy

Architect

• 823 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:49 AM

looking good i like the supports

#5 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Sure! Is it made incorrectly from what you can see? Thanks for the reply!

No, I'm just curious to see how you did it with micro chain as opposed to normal chain.

#6 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:58 AM

If BBaller347 used boxes, blue track and an epic chain return, this is what it would look like.

Impressed, looking forward to seeing the next elements.

#7 Ston

Ston

Construction Worker

• 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

Oh Nice coaster!!! No faults so far

#8 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

I am completely blown away by this! Everything looks like you've been building for quite a while. The only thing that I would suggest to change but isn't needed is to switch the chain guide to micro parts. I think it would look a lot better, but what would be even better and save you more pieces is having the chain drop down one of the supports and ride along the ground like a real Giga coaster would have, kinda like what JPCoaster did.

Posted Image

#9 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

No, I'm just curious to see how you did it with micro chain as opposed to normal chain.

Oh... Instead of a silver AND blue spacers, just put 1 silver spacer on the chain guide.

In pieces logo thing

#10 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

I am completely blown away by this! Everything looks like you've been building for quite a while. The only thing that I would suggest to change but isn't needed is to switch the chain guide to micro parts. I think it would look a lot better, but what would be even better and save you more pieces is having the chain drop down one of the supports and ride along the ground like a real Giga coaster would have, kinda like what JPCoaster did.

Thanks! I have been building for a while. Oh, and I am NOT new to the site. Do you know why it says "new" on my profile?

Oh Nice coaster!!! No faults so far

Thanks man!

If BBaller347 used boxes, blue track and an epic chain return, this is what it would look like.
Thanks!
Impressed, looking forward to seeing the next elements.

Really! Thanks!

In pieces logo thing

#11 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

looking good i like the supports

Thanks! In my opinion, the supports help the track resemble a B&M Hyper coaster.^_^-_-:rolleyes:

In pieces logo thing

#12 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Well here is the video! It also tells you about the extra stuff I built. Link:Micro K'NEX Coaster: Thunder Slash TEST - YouTube. PS; Sorry that I could not embedded the video.:sdd I will need to learn more about it. Well, enjoy!

In pieces logo thing

#13 SamIsSoAwsome

SamIsSoAwsome

Construction Foreman

• 407 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

I like it, work on your camera holding skillzez but other then that really like it and keep building. :)

Posted Image

#14 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

I like it, work on your camera holding skillzez but other then that really like it and keep building. :)

Ok. The camcorder is sort of small and is hard to keep still while not trying to step on any Knex parts. Thanks for the comment!

In pieces logo thing

#15 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

This is looking very good.

As for the video, here are a few quick tips to help the rest of us not be lost and confused while watching.
# 1 KEEP the Camera Still!!

#2 talking from the behind the camera means the mic is facing away from you so it is hard to understand.

Both of these issues can be solved by placing the camera someplace where it won't move. A tripod is typically the best, but a flat surface, such as a book or chair also work (just make sure you don't knock it off, of it fall off, and also make sure it is close enough to the edge to not get the surface it is sitting on).

Then take your video. Stand to the side or front to speak so you can be easily understood, and speak slowly. Also, if you can not see the entire run of the train or something, do it in 2 or 3 clips, and then post edit. (if you do not have video on your computer (most digital video cameras come with something) you can Google and find a free one that will get the job done)

Good luck, and keep up the excellent work!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

This is looking very good.

As for the video, here are a few quick tips to help the rest of us not be lost and confused while watching.
# 1 KEEP the Camera Still!!

#2 talking from the behind the camera means the mic is facing away from you so it is hard to understand.

Both of these issues can be solved by placing the camera someplace where it won't move. A tripod is typically the best, but a flat surface, such as a book or chair also work (just make sure you don't knock it off, of it fall off, and also make sure it is close enough to the edge to not get the surface it is sitting on).

Then take your video. Stand to the side or front to speak so you can be easily understood, and speak slowly. Also, if you can not see the entire run of the train or something, do it in 2 or 3 clips, and then post edit. (if you do not have video on your computer (most digital video cameras come with something) you can Google and find a free one that will get the job done)

Good luck, and keep up the excellent work!

First off, the camera is shaped like this:http://www.any-video...d-camcorder.png so I can't put it on a flat surface.(That's why it was sitting diagonally in the video.)Second, I don't have a camcorder tripod for polaroid. Do you know where to get a tripod for that camcorder? Thirdly, I'm 11 years old and my parents don't want my face in the video for everyone to see it on youtube. I also don't know how to make advanced videos like in sections you guys do. Thanks for saying that it is excellent!:king

In pieces logo thing

#17 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

Dude if you're running out of red rods you need to go WAY smaller. it looks really good but you'll never finish without a lot of pieces.

#18 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

Well today was a good/very bad day. So the bad news is that I either broke or sprained my thumb so I am going to have trouble with building. If anyone lives in orange county CA, if they would come and help me? The braking system is finished and I'm going to post picures in a little bit. And I am in PAIN!!!:sd3:sdd:mcy:mcy

In pieces logo thing

#19 dk36870

dk36870

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

very good so far, sorry about your thumb...:sdd

if your running low on pieces, idk bought your budget limit for this ride, somaybe time for ebay shopping? imo it looks like yourgoing to use mostly blues/ oranges, and if you just want themgo for it, but im pretty sure one of those wierd style ones that all they seem to make nowadays should fit you, ifyour going for boxes, -quick hint, plan ahead of time, and make sure to stay organized, i once lost an entire bag of oranges andblues......nightmare :sd3

anyway good luck :)

edit: if you need help with youtbe embedding google it if no one is on, or mostpeople around here know how how to... just pm someone....

#20 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

very good so far, sorry about your thumb...:sdd

if your running low on pieces, idk bought your budget limit for this ride, somaybe time for ebay shopping? imo it looks like yourgoing to use mostly blues/ oranges, and if you just want themgo for it, but im pretty sure one of those wierd style ones that all they seem to make nowadays should fit you, ifyour going for boxes, -quick hint, plan ahead of time, and make sure to stay organized, i once lost an entire bag of oranges andblues......nightmare :sd3

anyway good luck :)

edit: if you need help with youtbe embedding google it if no one is on, or mostpeople around here know how how to... just pm someone....

Thanks! I am looking on ebay for parts frequently and I will try to do better on videos!:P

In pieces logo thing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eurofighter, motor, winter contest 2011